Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week things to do.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Bye week things to do. Reply with quote

1. extend T.J. Ward
2. extend T.J. Ward
3. Did I say extend T.J. Ward?

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB

cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that as much as we want to see BW3 head out the door, I don't think it happens before the end of the season.

While he can't exeucte it very effectively, he does at least know the "system" they are playing, and I'm not sure if there is anyone out there on the street that can come in and quickly pickup and effectively run the offense.

Who would we bring in anyways?

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 3 tackles, 1 sack
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.

He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up

What option though...... As bad as Weeden is there is not much of anything out there

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

What option though...... As bad as Weeden is there is not much of anything out there

IMO, they need to TRY to find someone. I don't care if it's Vince young, Jamarcus Russell, or bady Quinn's long lost cousin, they need to bring someone in and see if they have potential. Not just just for this season, but potentially long term as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

IMO, they need to TRY to find someone. I don't care if it's Vince young, Jamarcus Russell, or bady Quinn's long lost cousin, they need to bring someone in and see if they have potential. Not just just for this season, but potentially long term as well.

Who though Vince young..... Please, Jamarcus Russell..... There isn't much to choose from that shows amy sort of promise

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Who though Vince young..... Please, Jamarcus Russell..... There isn't much to choose from that shows amy sort of promise

So baby Quinn's long lost cousin is okay for you, but not young or russel?

The "name" is not important. They are not looking for a starter, they are looking for an emergency backup with maybe some potential to hang on to longer. The season is only half way through and we have already gone through all three of our QBs. Hoyer is out. That means we have Campbell who has not been the sturdiest QB in the nfl, and Weeden who is nothing more than deadweight at this point...

Campbell is playing very good, but They need to TRY and find someone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should allow our 10 best and healthiest players to go undercover to replace Baltimore's least effective 10 players so they can beat Cincinnati.

That should be goal #1 for the bye week.

Goal #2 is preparing to beat Cincinnati out of the bye weak and boom we are right back in the playoff hunt. In fact we would be in sole possession of 1st place due to the sweep of the Bengals.

Jamison on the sig
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
They need to TRY and find someone.

Reports are that they ARE trying. Evidently, we tried to sign Scott Tolzien off of GB's practice squad. Making an active roster is a HUGE pay raise from a practice squad salary. As a counter move, Green Bay gave Tolzien a raise to get him up to an active roster salary (even though he will still be on their PS).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/packers-give-scott-tolzien-a-raise-to-keep-him-around/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/97790/browns-willing-to-live-with-two-qbs

Quote:
As for others on the market, the Browns simply aren’t interested. They see slim pickings, and feel they’re better off using the roster spot for other needs as opposed to forcing a quarterback. Coach Rob Chudzinski said the team preferred other guys at other positions to help the team. The Browns also have two players on the roster who played quarterback in college — Gray and Armanti Edwards.

The list of free-agent quarterbacks includes: Sage Rosenfels, Todd Bouman, Chris Redman, Billy Volek, David Carr Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Trent Edwards, Troy Smith, Graham Harrell, Caleb Hanie, Mike Kafka, Tim Tebow (yes, him), John Skelton and a lot of other guys most people have never heard of.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I think we should allow our 10 best and healthiest players to go undercover to replace Baltimore's least effective 10 players so they can beat Cincinnati.

Goal #2 is preparing to beat Cincinnati out of the bye weak and boom we are right back in the playoff hunt. In fact we would be in sole possession of 1st place due to the sweep of the Bengals.

Crazy but your right.

I can't believe I will be rooting FOR the ravens.. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Crazy but your right.

You aren't rooting FOR the ravens, just against the Bengals.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Crazy but your right.

You aren't rooting FOR the ravens, just against the Bengals.

That is much better... Thank you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
They need to TRY and find someone.

Reports are that they ARE trying. Evidently, we tried to sign Scott Tolzien off of GB's practice squad. Making an active roster is a HUGE pay raise from a practice squad salary. As a counter move, Green Bay gave Tolzien a raise to get him up to an active roster salary (even though he will still be on their PS).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/packers-give-scott-tolzien-a-raise-to-keep-him-around/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/97790/browns-willing-to-live-with-two-qbs

Quote:
As for others on the market, the Browns simply aren’t interested. They see slim pickings, and feel they’re better off using the roster spot for other needs as opposed to forcing a quarterback. Coach Rob Chudzinski said the team preferred other guys at other positions to help the team. The Browns also have two players on the roster who played quarterback in college — Gray and Armanti Edwards.

The list of free-agent quarterbacks includes: Sage Rosenfels, Todd Bouman, Chris Redman, Billy Volek, David Carr Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Trent Edwards, Troy Smith, Graham Harrell, Caleb Hanie, Mike Kafka, Tim Tebow (yes, him), John Skelton and a lot of other guys most people have never heard of.

They are looking... That is good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: