Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week things to do.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6980
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Bye week things to do. Reply with quote

1. extend T.J. Ward
2. extend T.J. Ward
3. Did I say extend T.J. Ward?
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 8046
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6980
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB


I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 4939
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that as much as we want to see BW3 head out the door, I don't think it happens before the end of the season.

While he can't exeucte it very effectively, he does at least know the "system" they are playing, and I'm not sure if there is anyone out there on the street that can come in and quickly pickup and effectively run the offense.

Who would we bring in anyways?
_________________

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#FREEJOSHGORDON! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 3 tackles, 1 sack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 8046
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB


I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.


He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12229
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB


I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.


He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up


What option though...... As bad as Weeden is there is not much of anything out there
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB


I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.


He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up


What option though...... As bad as Weeden is there is not much of anything out there


IMO, they need to TRY to find someone. I don't care if it's Vince young, Jamarcus Russell, or bady Quinn's long lost cousin, they need to bring someone in and see if they have potential. Not just just for this season, but potentially long term as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12229
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB


I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.


He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up


What option though...... As bad as Weeden is there is not much of anything out there


IMO, they need to TRY to find someone. I don't care if it's Vince young, Jamarcus Russell, or bady Quinn's long lost cousin, they need to bring someone in and see if they have potential. Not just just for this season, but potentially long term as well.


Who though Vince young..... Please, Jamarcus Russell..... There isn't much to choose from that shows amy sort of promise
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Extend Mack ,cut weeden , sign a backup QB


I hear you but Mack already said he is not going to negotiate during the season. Right now I think like Reggie Camp there is a good chance Mack leaves. However I think if the Browns finish strong it improves our chances of resigning Mack.
As for q.b. at least Weeden knows the system. Not any q.b's out there much better. Weeden will be gone after the season I.M.O.


He might know the system but that hasn't helped at all. We are one hit to Campbell's ribs away from weeden. We need another option. They will have an extra week to learn the system and just be a back up


What option though...... As bad as Weeden is there is not much of anything out there


IMO, they need to TRY to find someone. I don't care if it's Vince young, Jamarcus Russell, or bady Quinn's long lost cousin, they need to bring someone in and see if they have potential. Not just just for this season, but potentially long term as well.


Who though Vince young..... Please, Jamarcus Russell..... There isn't much to choose from that shows amy sort of promise


So baby Quinn's long lost cousin is okay for you, but not young or russel?

The "name" is not important. They are not looking for a starter, they are looking for an emergency backup with maybe some potential to hang on to longer. The season is only half way through and we have already gone through all three of our QBs. Hoyer is out. That means we have Campbell who has not been the sturdiest QB in the nfl, and Weeden who is nothing more than deadweight at this point...

Campbell is playing very good, but They need to TRY and find someone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should allow our 10 best and healthiest players to go undercover to replace Baltimore's least effective 10 players so they can beat Cincinnati.

That should be goal #1 for the bye week.

Goal #2 is preparing to beat Cincinnati out of the bye weak and boom we are right back in the playoff hunt. In fact we would be in sole possession of 1st place due to the sweep of the Bengals.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9351
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
They need to TRY and find someone.

Reports are that they ARE trying. Evidently, we tried to sign Scott Tolzien off of GB's practice squad. Making an active roster is a HUGE pay raise from a practice squad salary. As a counter move, Green Bay gave Tolzien a raise to get him up to an active roster salary (even though he will still be on their PS).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/packers-give-scott-tolzien-a-raise-to-keep-him-around/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/97790/browns-willing-to-live-with-two-qbs

Quote:
As for others on the market, the Browns simply aren’t interested. They see slim pickings, and feel they’re better off using the roster spot for other needs as opposed to forcing a quarterback. Coach Rob Chudzinski said the team preferred other guys at other positions to help the team. The Browns also have two players on the roster who played quarterback in college — Gray and Armanti Edwards.

The list of free-agent quarterbacks includes: Sage Rosenfels, Todd Bouman, Chris Redman, Billy Volek, David Carr Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Trent Edwards, Troy Smith, Graham Harrell, Caleb Hanie, Mike Kafka, Tim Tebow (yes, him), John Skelton and a lot of other guys most people have never heard of.

_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I think we should allow our 10 best and healthiest players to go undercover to replace Baltimore's least effective 10 players so they can beat Cincinnati.

That should be goal #1 for the bye week.

Goal #2 is preparing to beat Cincinnati out of the bye weak and boom we are right back in the playoff hunt. In fact we would be in sole possession of 1st place due to the sweep of the Bengals.


Crazy but your right.

I can't believe I will be rooting FOR the ravens.. Ugh.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25904
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I think we should allow our 10 best and healthiest players to go undercover to replace Baltimore's least effective 10 players so they can beat Cincinnati.

That should be goal #1 for the bye week.

Goal #2 is preparing to beat Cincinnati out of the bye weak and boom we are right back in the playoff hunt. In fact we would be in sole possession of 1st place due to the sweep of the Bengals.


Crazy but your right.

I can't believe I will be rooting FOR the ravens.. Ugh.


You aren't rooting FOR the ravens, just against the Bengals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I think we should allow our 10 best and healthiest players to go undercover to replace Baltimore's least effective 10 players so they can beat Cincinnati.

That should be goal #1 for the bye week.

Goal #2 is preparing to beat Cincinnati out of the bye weak and boom we are right back in the playoff hunt. In fact we would be in sole possession of 1st place due to the sweep of the Bengals.


Crazy but your right.

I can't believe I will be rooting FOR the ravens.. Ugh.


You aren't rooting FOR the ravens, just against the Bengals.


That is much better... Thank you. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
They need to TRY and find someone.

Reports are that they ARE trying. Evidently, we tried to sign Scott Tolzien off of GB's practice squad. Making an active roster is a HUGE pay raise from a practice squad salary. As a counter move, Green Bay gave Tolzien a raise to get him up to an active roster salary (even though he will still be on their PS).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/packers-give-scott-tolzien-a-raise-to-keep-him-around/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/97790/browns-willing-to-live-with-two-qbs

Quote:
As for others on the market, the Browns simply aren’t interested. They see slim pickings, and feel they’re better off using the roster spot for other needs as opposed to forcing a quarterback. Coach Rob Chudzinski said the team preferred other guys at other positions to help the team. The Browns also have two players on the roster who played quarterback in college — Gray and Armanti Edwards.

The list of free-agent quarterbacks includes: Sage Rosenfels, Todd Bouman, Chris Redman, Billy Volek, David Carr Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Trent Edwards, Troy Smith, Graham Harrell, Caleb Hanie, Mike Kafka, Tim Tebow (yes, him), John Skelton and a lot of other guys most people have never heard of.


They are looking... That is good.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group