Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revenge of the Playoffs: Seahawks (8-1) @ Falcons (2-6) GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Revenge of the Playoffs: Seahawks (8-1) @ Falcons (2-6) GDT Reply with quote

Will update later. I think it will be easier to keep Falcons talk in this thread as opposed to spread out all over

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Boom!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they were playing well so we could get some true revenge on them. But oh well. This is still a big game, regardless of how the Falcons are playing.

Legion of Boom!
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to implement a light workload this week for Harvin, he needs to see the field. After that i'd like to see a full game against the vikings at home where we can really involve him in the gameplan. Once that happens, we should be able to prepare for the saints exceptionally with the Bye week after getting an idea of how he can fit into the offense.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks open as 6-point favorites at Atlanta

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/11/04/seahawks-open-as-6-point-favorites-at-atlanta/

Quote:
Was a time not too long ago when many figured the Seahawks might be at least a couple-point underdog in this Sunday’s game at Atlanta.

Instead, speaking to the differing paths the two teams have taken this season, Seattle opened this morning as a 6-point favorite for the 10 a.m. game against the Falcons that also stands as a rematch of their last-second loss in the divisional playoffs last January.

While Seattle is 8-1, Atlanta is 2-6 and buried in the NFC South, with little realistic hope of making the playoffs.

As you can also see, the Seahawks have suddenly become not-so-great against the spread, losing four of their last five against the number after winning their first four this year. That also speaks to how the perception of the team changed greatly based on last season and the hot start to this year, and then how Seattle of late has struggled to put teams away.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is imperative that we see a heavy dose of the run game this week against the Falcons. There's simply no excuse. Keep the ball away from the falcons offense as much as possible, regardless of their injuries, and this game will be won by seattle.

The bucs game is also our first win, without forcing a turnover, in a loooooonnggg time.

wwhickok wrote:

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
It is imperative that we see a heavy dose of the run game this week against the Falcons. There's simply no excuse. Keep the ball away from the falcons offense as much as possible, regardless of their injuries, and this game will be won by seattle.

The bucs game is also our first win, without forcing a turnover, in a loooooonnggg time.
The excuse is Bevells idiocity.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my 2nd least worrisome game of the year behind the Jags. Defensive heavy teams worry me, teams that can take full advantage of our offensive line, the reason why I didn't expect blowouts against the Rams or Bucs....Atlanta is not that. We need to win by a healthy margin.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a team that approaches every game a championship, and supposedly goes into every week 0-0, we sure do have lot of poor performances. Walk doesn't back up the talk until the 4th quarter it seems.
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give them a 20-0 head start again please.

I read a book a week, so...
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I have a feeling we will struggle with ATL, start off slow again, and Harry Douglas will torch us?? Ugh. We better beat this team by 10 plus

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Why do I have a feeling we will struggle with ATL, start off slow again, and Harry Douglas will torch us?? Ugh. We better beat this team by 10 plus
Douglas is a bad matchup for us. Especially with Browner

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the preseason I thought this was going to be a tough game for us to win. After all the injuries the Falcons have suffered I changed my mind and thought we could go in and get a nice win. Now after seeing this team come out with 2 lackluster performances in a row I'm not sure what to think this week.

The Falcons have struggled to overcome injuries this year. They have been crushed, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That sucks for any team. This game is still in Atlanta, at 10am pacific time and it is still a concern.

Combine that with our slow starts and generally sluggish play the last couple weeks and it has all the makings for a trap game.

Psychologically, I would worry that players have had this game circled on their schedules and now that the Falcons have underwhelmed so far this year, players may have a natural tendency to slack in their preparation and think this game will be easy.

I hope the players take this last game to heart and put in the prep time this week, but I'll just wait and see.

I hope Percy Harvin makes a limited return this week. Not a ton of game action, just enough to get him back into the groove. I don't like that this game is on turf, but he's got to start seeing some game action.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
In the preseason I thought this was going to be a tough game for us to win. After all the injuries the Falcons have suffered I changed my mind and thought we could go in and get a nice win. Now after seeing this team come out with 2 lackluster performances in a row I'm not sure what to think this week.

The Falcons have struggled to overcome injuries this year. They have been crushed, especially on the defensive side of the ball. That sucks for any team. This game is still in Atlanta, at 10am pacific time and it is still a concern.

Combine that with our slow starts and generally sluggish play the last couple weeks and it has all the makings for a trap game.

Psychologically, I would worry that players have had this game circled on their schedules and now that the Falcons have underwhelmed so far this year, players may have a natural tendency to slack in their preparation and think this game will be easy.

I hope the players take this last game to heart and put in the prep time this week, but I'll just wait and see.

I hope Percy Harvin makes a limited return this week. Not a ton of game action, just enough to get him back into the groove. I don't like that this game is on turf, but he's got to start seeing some game action.

From Rotoworld.

Quote:
Percy Harvin - WR - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll said the Seahawks are "not counting" on Percy Harvin (hip) playing in Week 10 against the Falcons.
Harvin returned to practice 15 days ago and is steadily ramping it up. Carroll called Harvin "day to day." The Seahawks have two more games before their Week 12 bye. It'd be a bit surprising if Harvin didn't suit up for Week 11 against his former Minnesota Vikings teammates. Fantasy owners need to remain patient.
Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter
Nov 4 - 6:33 PM
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Douglas is a bad matchup for us. Especially with Browner

Yeah, and then Gonzalez on 3rd downs should be reallllll fun. I think our offense will be able to run all over Atl. Hopefully.

Anyone know why Carpenter came out for a bit yesterday? I saw mcQ at LG and I believe it was Bailey at LT?

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, you guys are likely going to kill us. We looked like a team that lost all its fight last week, and you guys are out for revenge from last year, and want to avenge almost losing to Tampa.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: