You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revenge of the Playoffs: Seahawks (8-1) @ Falcons (2-6) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Oh god, you guys are likely going to kill us. We looked like a team that lost all its fight last week, and you guys are out for revenge from last year, and want to avenge almost losing to Tampa.

You can do the same as us...expect the worst & hope for the best.
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Why do I have a feeling we will struggle with ATL, start off slow again, and Harry Douglas will torch us?? Ugh. We better beat this team by 10 plus
Douglas is a bad matchup for us. Especially with Browner

Yeah, and then Gonzalez on 3rd downs should be reallllll fun. I think our offense will be able to run all over Atl. Hopefully.

Anyone know why Carpenter came out for a bit yesterday? I saw mcQ at LG and I believe it was Bailey at LT?

Because McQ almost got RW killed in that game, tho Bowie was doing his best to claim worst starting OT in the NFL.

Carp is a terrible pass blocker at this point. Hes a stronger run blocker than McQ but hes worse in pass pro and Russell was getting killed out there.

Really hope we give Bailey a shot at LT this week, I think hes already a better option than McQ and has a long term future with this team.

He could be a good starting OG and a solid back up OT.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta prove that last week was a fluke. After last year, I hope these players play with a fire to avenge last years loss.

Breno and Okung are starting to practice starting tomorrow. Should be able to have them all back for sure by the NOLA game. That's when we'll need them for our playoff run.

IDOG_det

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
It is imperative that we see a heavy dose of the run game this week against the Falcons. There's simply no excuse. Keep the ball away from the falcons offense as much as possible, regardless of their injuries, and this game will be won by seattle.

The bucs game is also our first win, without forcing a turnover, in a loooooonnggg time.
The excuse is Bevells idiocity.
Honestly though, the first drive Marshawn is constantly getting 7 yards on every run. Then RW throws the pick. The next drive Marshawn is in, he gets one touch. We were killing them on the ground and we continue to throw.

Idc if you have Peyton Manning, if they can't stop it, just continue. Even Turbin was having success.

And of course....first and goal....

IDOG_det

#JDI
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:
It is imperative that we see a heavy dose of the run game this week against the Falcons. There's simply no excuse. Keep the ball away from the falcons offense as much as possible, regardless of their injuries, and this game will be won by seattle.

The bucs game is also our first win, without forcing a turnover, in a loooooonnggg time.
Honestly though, the first drive Marshawn is constantly getting 7 yards on every run. Then RW throws the pick. The next drive Marshawn is in, he gets one touch. We were killing them on the ground and we continue to throw.

Idc if you have Peyton Manning, if they can't stop it, just continue. Even Turbin was having success.

I agree. All season long we haven't looked like a run first team. That's our identity. It's shown the last couple weeks that we need to run to have success. I don't understand how coaches are morons. Watch the tape. See what works. That's your job.

Rant over
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone even asked Pete a couple of weeks ago in his press conference about being too predictable on offense and Pete said “we are predictable? I wasn't aware of that"....umm yeah most of the time we are. When you run 1st and 2nd down and then have a 3rd and 5 or longer you're most likely going to pass. I just....our play calling makes me scratch my head wayyyy too often.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:

I think that Marshawn got an injury on the first drive though, hence he sat out a quarter and was slowly worked back in. The commentators on my broadcast mentioned it.

I do agree with you though. It annoys me how the coaches will abandon what is working, whether that is running the ball, playing tight coverage or whatever,
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Someone even asked Pete a couple of weeks ago in his press conference about being too predictable on offense and Pete said “we are predictable? I wasn't aware of that"....umm yeah most of the time we are. When you run 1st and 2nd down and then have a 3rd and 5 or longer you're most likely going to pass. I just....our play calling makes me scratch my head wayyyy too often.

I am not surprised by that response. He has always been a very conservative coach.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun Stat:

Through 9 Games, the seahawks have only allowed 13 (1.4 pr game) points to be scored by their opposition in the 1st quarter. Unfortunately, they have only scored 29 (3.2) points in that same portion of the game, all year.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
bill21792

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:

I think that Marshawn got an injury on the first drive though, hence he sat out a quarter and was slowly worked back in. The commentators on my broadcast mentioned it.

I do agree with you though. It annoys me how the coaches will abandon what is working, whether that is running the ball, playing tight coverage or whatever,

I wanna say that I read somewhere that Lynch was extremely sick at the start of the game. Way too lazy to google it though.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
imani wrote:

I wanna say that I read somewhere that Lynch was extremely sick at the start of the game. Way too lazy to google it though.

Same Very Happy. Nonetheless, something was wrong with Marshawn, hence he got less carries than we would like.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Fun Stat:

Through 9 Games, the seahawks have only allowed 13 (1.4 pr game) points to be scored by their opposition in the 1st quarter. Unfortunately, they have only scored 29 (3.2) points in that same portion of the game, all year.

Another one I saw posted on .NET....

The Seahawks have only given up a TOTAL of 15 Punt Return Yards ALL SEASON.

Our coverage and Ryan have been beasts and played a larger role in our success this season.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
imani wrote:
Fun Stat:

Another one I saw posted on .NET....

The Seahawks have only given up a TOTAL of 15 Punt Return Yards ALL SEASON.

Our coverage and Ryan have been beasts and played a larger role in our success this season.

It also (sadly) tells us that the offense is stagnating outside of field goal range, but within kicking range of the 20 yard line.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percy Havin still out Rolling Eyes

Is he ever going to play?

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange
imani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Percy Havin still out Rolling Eyes

Is he ever going to play?

Hopefully against the vikings he can make a return, the saints are a guarantee however. They say that the fatigue is gone and he's practicing back to back now.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: