Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week, Clevelnad Browns vs Brandon Weeden GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll, just because.
Hobbit strippers
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
thats it no more choices
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Ok one more choice
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you listened to Horton's latest presser, he indicated that McFadden is "ready." I don't take Horton as a BS'er when he talks, so maybe less Owens and more Leon? I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
If you listened to Horton's latest presser, he indicated that McFadden is "ready." I don't take Horton as a BS'er when he talks, so maybe less Owens and more Leon? I don't know.

Owens and Skrine have both played very well, just because he hasn't beat those guys out doesn't mean he can't play.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Vikes vs Redskins game has been better than I thought it would be.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
StewieRules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Owens and Skrine have both played very well, just because he hasn't beat those guys out doesn't mean he can't play.

I still can't stop wondering how much better our draft and our defense would look (not that it doesn't look good now) if we'd rolled the dice with Honey Badger in the 3rd instead of McFadden. Damn it ...

All the more reason I hope we draft FSU's Joyner - a lil Honey is better than none at all Wink
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I still can't stop wondering how much better our draft and our defense would look (not that it doesn't look good now) if we'd rolled the dice with Honey Badger in the 3rd instead of McFadden. Damn it ...

All the more reason I hope we draft FSU's Joyner - a lil Honey is better than none at all Wink

he is better than honey badger imo
StewieRules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I can't cop to that - Mattheu as a player is off the hook instincts-wise, dude makes plays from anywhere. I see a bit of that in Joyner, but more than that a good dose of Bob Sanders aggression, which fits Hortons "little guys who can hit" formula to a tee
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I can't cop to that - Mattheu as a player is off the hook instincts-wise, dude makes plays from anywhere. I see a bit of that in Joyner, but more than that a good dose of Bob Sanders aggression, which fits Hortons "little guys who can hit" formula to a tee

Mathieu may make mor splash plays but to me Joyner is better in coverage overall
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually post the injury report on Saturdays.
Why should this week be an exception?

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bye week sucks when you're 0-7
but the bye week sucks even worse when you can actually get excited about your football team
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

teach more students is a great remedy. When I am in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade language arts classes, I will learn things that I don't remember ever being taught when I was in school lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Irvin believes in Browns' direction
Posted Nov 6, 2013

Matt Florjancic
Staff Writer
Facebook
Pro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin believes the Browns, led by former University of Miami teammate Rob Chudzinski, are heading in the right direction.

Pro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin believes in the direction the Cleveland Browns are heading, and the NFL Network analyst shared that message with the team prior to their last practice before the bye-week break.
The Browns being 4-5 and in second place in the AFC North Division despite starting three different quarterbacks and trading starting running back Trent Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts two games into the season is something that has impressed Irvin.
“You guys are going through some things that a lot of teams would fall and crumble if they faced those issues,” Irvin told “Cleveland Browns Daily, Driven by Liberty Ford.” “They really would fall and crumble, especially at the quarterback position, but yet, they come up. You’re on your third quarterback and played the only undefeated team to a one-point game, and then, you beat last year’s champion. It’s just a matter of you guys believing you can do it and start working on the process of becoming a champion.
“Everything around us nowadays says, ‘Instant.’ Everybody does and everything we get in this world is all coming instant, instant, instant, so the process of becoming a champ gets thrown out. Nobody wants to go through that process. There’s nothing greater than to hoist the Lombardi Trophy when you know it started in a place that was not good. Now, you’re not a person that says, ‘I was added to a championship.’ You’re the person that said, ‘I built a championship.’”

Irvin knows of what he speaks about being on the ground floor of a team that built itself into a champion.
During his first three years with the Dallas Cowboys, the team won 11 total games. After a 3-13 record during his rookie year, the Cowboys started a rookie quarterback, Troy Aikman, and went 1-15 in 1989. However, it was after the 7-9 season in 1990 that the Cowboys really caught fire.
The Cowboys won 11 games in 1991 and went on to win three Super Bowls in the next four seasons (1992-93, 1995). And Irvin sees similarities between the Cowboys of his generation and the current Browns squad.
“I see a lot of our early days, early Cowboys days a lot on this team,” Irvin said. “We talked about where they could possibly go and what it takes to get there. It’s one thing to come in and share with people where you can go, but I always think it’s important not to just tell them where you can go, but make sure you tell them how you can get there.
“Anger will only motivate and push you for a while because we don’t live in anger. You can’t harbor it and hold on to it. That kind of anger, revenge thing, it’ll only push you for a while. You’ve got to have inspiration to make it on another level. I want to be part of something great. I want to leave my mark. Say what you will. I started in the ghettos of Fort Lauderdale. That was where I started, but the NFL can’t write their story without me, baby. You can’t write your story, NFL, without me because I won three of them (Super Bowl championships). You put yourself in this history, and do something that they can never take from you. You make it so they can’t write the history of this league without you.’”
Irvin said the Browns are in good hands because of the leadership shown by his former University of Miami teammate, Rob Chudzinski, his former offensive coordinator with the Cowboys, Norv Turner, and a former Dallas teammate, Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
“I think it’s as optimistic as you’ve been in a long time, and I shared that with (the players), too,” Irvin said. “(I told them,) ‘This is like Dallas. Right now, they’re still treating me good in Dallas, and I haven’t stacked it up since ’99. You turn this thing around? You win here? Oh, it’s not just you owning the city. When your son’s son walks in this city, they’ll treat him like (gold). That’s how appreciative the people here will be because they have been missing this for a long time. You give them a championship, they shall love you forever, where you leave this place called time and you will go on to this place we call eternity and look back on time, they will still be loving you if you get a Super Bowl to this city right her

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Irvin-believes-in-Browns-direction/e9f76ac9-72dd-4b9b-8a0c-e49bb818b8e9
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:

Laughing Keep up the good work.

I am about 40 minutes from Pittsburgh and that is too close for my liking. Smile

Also, can't help but notice there are a lot of HOF posters on your list.

Not all.

But a lot.

Vote Thomas5737 in 2014

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
but the bye week sucks even worse when you can actually get excited about your football team

Actually its kind of nice. Zero stress or sadness potential.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

So you aren't watching the Cincy/Bal game?
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

So you aren't watching the Cincy/Bal game?

Why would I want to watch a meteor crash into a stadium and suck the whole place into a black hole?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: