Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014, who are our qbs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickvick249

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: 2014, who are our qbs? Reply with quote

Who so you want to be our qb, who will be our qb next year?
duke2056

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2014, who are our qbs? Reply with quote

slickvick249 wrote:
Who so you want to be our qb, who will be our qb next year?

Anyone but Weeden or Campbell (or Johnny Football, please not him either)

I would LOVE to see Hoyer for an extended period of time, problem is, not sure it's really fair to him to get thrown out there after an ACL rehab. Inevitably he will suck at first and have a very short leash.

SOrry for not answering this at all, but seriously, I have no frickin clue which rookies I want as out starter.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Campbell but yes to Hoyer? Campbell's two starts have been better than Hoyer's two starts and Campbell has faced tougher defenses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Campbell has been nothing short of outstanding and proven winner. It takes a real man or winner to come off the deck with bruised ribs as the pain is constant. Flacco has a huge contract and Jason's stats were better.

I was wrong about Campbell and Lombardi who have proven to be pros. I was right about Banner, Weeden, Hoyer, and Richardson.

Yes, I like the idea of Hoyer/Campbell and a rookie who has the ability to be starting QB down the road like Rogers, Montana, Young, and others.

Now I am more excited as we will not have to barter away a lot of picks for franchise QB and can pick the right guy who can succeed in Chud/Turner offense in a year or two at the right time at reasonable money.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdogsandiego wrote:
Jason Campbell has been nothing short of outstanding and proven winner. It takes a real man or winner to come off the deck with bruised ribs as the pain is constant. Flacco has a huge contract and Jason's stats were better.

I was wrong about Campbell and Lombardi who have proven to be pros. I was right about Banner, Weeden, Hoyer, and Richardson.

Yes, I like the idea of Hoyer/Campbell and a rookie who has the ability to be starting QB down the road like Rogers, Montana, Young, and others.

Now I am more excited as we will not have to barter away a lot of picks for franchise QB and can pick the right guy who can succeed in Chud/Turner offense in a year or two at the right time at reasonable money.

instead of Hoyer/ Campbell and a rookie.

I rather it be Hoyer or Campbell, with the loser of the two gets cut, and you have highly drafted rookie QB, and low drafted QB.

Neither Campbell or Hoyer of going to be the longterm QB for the Browns. There is a chance that both rookie QBs could be. Say if the highly drafted Rookie becomes a stud and the low drafted QB develops nicely, well the browns just farmed themself some decent trade bait

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoyer played better considering it was only his 2nd and 3rd starts with a receiver off suspension and a TE making his 4th and 5th starts with a much worse offensive line to boot. Hoyer brings more energy and more ability to succeed when things break down. Campbell is a guy who needs to have things going right around him.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/2 Campell
1/2 Hoyer
3. rookie... 2nd if the FO loves a guy, otherwise 3rd round or latter.

(Use our top draft picks on weapons)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoyer
Campbell
Carr or Garoppolo
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
No Campbell but yes to Hoyer? Campbell's two starts have been better than Hoyer's two starts and Campbell has faced tougher defenses.

It's amazing how some people think Hoyer is the second coming...

Campbell is much better, he needs to be starting if we don't take a QB high. Hoyer isn't anything more than a solid backup.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if campbell keeps playing like he is now...

superbowl next year. that being said, i dont think he does. still, i think he'll play well enough in this system to dserve first crack at starting opening day 2014.
Hoyer as your #2, and rookie as the #3.
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

superbowl next year. that being said, i dont think he does. still, i think he'll play well enough in this system to dserve first crack at starting opening day 2014.

So are you on the bandwagon that Hoyer's two starts should have him starting?

I just cant see the whole opinion. He had ONE good game and one ok game. Why is everyone convinced he's amazing?

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You draft a franchise QB so I would like us to target a couple of QBs that we believe are franchise guys and do whatever it takes to go get them.

I personally think they will get someone like Carr/Mettenberger toward the end of the first.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft your guy and let him develop.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

So are you on the bandwagon that Hoyer's two starts should have him starting?

I just cant see the whole opinion. He had ONE good game and one ok game. Why is everyone convinced he's amazing?

what?

im on the campbell bandwagon... he's been better than hoyer's two starts, 5 TD 0 INT, 60%+ 7.5 YPA 106 QBrating against our arch rival and the only undefeated team with the best D in the league...

why wouldnt i be on that bandwagon... are you not? those are super bowl qb stats if extrapolated to 19/20 games. I dont think he keeps it up, but he certainly will play well enough for a Jason Campbell led Browns team to make it to the playoffs if he had 16 games to work with.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi LOVES Hoyer

He's the guy next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: