Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Richie Incognito suspend indefinitely by the Dolphins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved Ricky's take and I think it's spot on.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
and now reports are coming out that Jonathan Martin was skipping the OTA's because of the problem he had with Incognito which the coaches knew about and then charge Incognito with "toughening up" Martin.

Oye

You are making that up. I have no heard that at all. All I have heard today was players coming out backing Incognito.
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to lean more towards Ricky's point as well. There is one damning piece of evidence against Incognito and therefore the Dolphins, and it's the voicemail. If that voicemail wasn't a problem in April how can it be an issue in late October?

I KNOW NOTHING, no one really does. But it seems very odd that we hear all these reports of these two being good friends on the team and then Incognito being called out as "the bully".

Facts we know:

-Jonathan Martin left the team for mental health reasons last monday after a prank that seems to be a pretty common prank among the team which Martin has participated in.

-In April Incognito sent a voicemail to Martin with threatening language and racial slurs.

-Incognito has been suspended indefinitely by the team.

Those are really the only facts I know to be true. every other report has just as many reports which either contradict or paint the situation in a different light.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure anyone saw, but Tannehill was fantastic in the press conference....handled it like you want your qb to handle these types of things....Kudos Tannehill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
I think the more thats comes out the more I believe that our locker room is filled with "boys from the hood" mentality. Seems like its just one that's not going to accept a teammate that comes from high social standing or has lived a privileged life style. Martin just seems to have been drafted into the wrong type of environment, he would have probably succeeded with a team like dungy's colts where players are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner. I think its becoming painfully obv that is not the type of locker room we have at miami. I dont necessary think its a bad thing, but i think it may be getting a bit out of hand and we have to watch what type of players we are bringing in.
As each day passes the more I think the media can tell you the sky is red you will believe it. The media is portraying something that isn't quite the way it was. Keep on riding the runaway train. Miami locker room is the same as every NFL team out there. You act as if Incognitio stood at the corner street every day telling him to hand over his lunch money. Because the more that comes out to me I see the exact opposite of what your seeing. There are several pictures of Martin and incognitio hanging out together and just recently in new Orleans the 2 of them went out together. The Players are saying what they are saying because they are shocked.
Manic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As each day passes the more I think the media can tell you the sky is red you will believe it. The media is portraying something that isn't quite the way it was. Keep on riding the runaway train. Miami locker room is the same as every NFL team out there. You act as if Incognitio stood at the corner street every day telling him to hand over his lunch money. Because the more that comes out to me I see the exact opposite of what your seeing. There are several pictures of Martin and incognitio hanging out together and just recently in new Orleans the 2 of them went out together. The Players are saying what they are saying because they are shocked.

lol yeah... players and coaches are just so truthful when speaking behind that podium. I bet your one of the ones that actually believed nick saban when he said he wasnt going to bama.

Its already been said from sources that the locker room viewed Richie as more "black" than martin. So listen you can believe what they all say at there lil miami podium, but i will continue to listen to the media with confirmed sources to get my info.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
Quote:

lol yeah... players and coaches are just so truthful when speaking behind that podium. I bet your one of the ones that actually believed nick saban when he said he wasnt going to bama.

Its already been said from sources that the locker room viewed Richie as more "black" than martin. So listen you can believe what they all say at there lil miami podium, but i will continue to listen to the media with confirmed sources to get my info.
Your response somewhat confuses me . Because the locker room viewed Richie as more black then Martin means what?? I think we all agree Richie texts and voicemail message was over the top and he deserved the suspension. The media is portraying this as a dysfunctional locker room where they the players and coaches saw incognito continuously bully Martin and do nothing about it. Why did incognito and Martin hangout together in new Orleans why did Dion Jordan and Martin get in a fight and incognito came to martin defense just 2 weeks ago? I am guessing those type of things are reason Tannehill thought they were good friend's. Omar Kelly has covered the dolphins for years and says the locker room is as close as he has seen since he covered the team but yet you want to believe the media guys who never stepped foot in there that is total chaos and no control. Why was it not bullying when the giants Justin tuck and JPP threw prince Akumara in a garbage can for being soft what did Tom Coughlin do about that? Why did Martin snap after a joke that he himself played on Nate Garner the week before and just so happened to lose it 2 days after he was moved to RT and was getting beat up in the media and by fans for being terrible? Did Richie give Martin a hard time from time to time pretty sure he did your right but if Martin is laughing about the text and pulling the same pranks as everybody else its kinda hard for guys to see there was something wrong. The media is so fickle Miami is a half game out of the wild card spot they win the next 2 games and are ahead in the wild card race they will praise the dolphins for being together and rallying around there coach and talk about how some other media members may have overblown this its what they do. Don't think for one minute I think Richie did nothing wrong. I have heard numerous players from other teams and ex players (ricky Williams) say something is wrong with Martin. This is my last post regarding this situation and your entitled to your opinion but I believe this term bullying is way over blown.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more defending the players in the locker room and think that Philbin or Ireland should be held accountable because I believe they knew something was wrong with Jonathon Martin. I don't trust Ireland one single bit about anything.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet a lot of you were extremely critical of Riley Cooper when that story broke. At least Riley didn't extort anyone or give death threats.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I bet a lot of you were extremely critical of Riley Cooper when that story broke. At least Riley didn't extort anyone or give death threats.

Actually no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't even discussed in this forum...nice try though

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Lydon Murtha regarding the Vegas trip.

Quote:
Every year, as tradition, the offensive line goes on a big Vegas trip. Everything is paid for in advance, from hotesl to a private jet to show tickets. Martin oritinally verbally commited to the trip, then later backed out after everything was booked. Now, if you can't go because of an emergency then it's okay, but to say your'e going and then decide you don't want to spend the money later? Everything was paid for, and then when it was time to pay up he didn't want to go anymore. You don't do that to your brothers. The veterans who paid for it, including Incognito and others, asked for Martin's share, and he gave it to them. End of story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277792/comments/former-fin-jonathan-martin-didnt-want-to-be-one-of-the-group

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
Per Lydon Murtha regarding the Vegas trip.

Quote:
Every year, as tradition, the offensive line goes on a big Vegas trip. Everything is paid for in advance, from hotesl to a private jet to show tickets. Martin oritinally verbally commited to the trip, then later backed out after everything was booked. Now, if you can't go because of an emergency then it's okay, but to say your'e going and then decide you don't want to spend the money later? Everything was paid for, and then when it was time to pay up he didn't want to go anymore. You don't do that to your brothers. The veterans who paid for it, including Incognito and others, asked for Martin's share, and he gave it to them. End of story.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277792/comments/former-fin-jonathan-martin-didnt-want-to-be-one-of-the-group

Here's the full transcript of Lydon Murtha:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

Very interesting article, indeed.

Nacho Simulation Football League
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Extort? See the Murtha story that broke this morning.

Death threats? Please...Martin was showing off the voicemail in the locker room and laughing about it with his teammates according to Hartline. Hardly sounds like anything he said was supposed to be taken seriously. Did he mess up bringing racial slurs into issue? Absolutely. And he needs to own that. But I know I've made mom jokes and made empty threats to my friends while we were goofing with each other in the past. Without HEARING the voicemail...which ended with "Ok man...call me back!" apparently, it's impossible to have total context. Things written on paper don't relay the entire context of a conversation.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*

Last edited by ProudDolphan47 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So according to Lydon Murtha everyone should act the same be the same have the same emotions and like a pack of animals, turn on the perceived weakness of another. With that type of thought process I'm glad hes is gone from the NFlL and in the car industry probably washing them.

If that is the prevailing attitude within the Dolphins locker room it needs to go. Because a small group says the way it is doesn't make it acceptable, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it as how human beings should treat one another.

These neanderthals like to use the term "we go to war on game day" I find it ironic that the United States has gone to war fighting against what a small group of people thought who have forced a larger group of humans to accept as normal.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive said this from the jump... This is not a Dolphins issue. It was a Richie Incognito issue. And, I was wrong. This is a Jonathan Martin issue.

Ive flipped on this, Incognito is a bit of a jerk, no doubt. But he should not be suspended any longer. Cris Carter blew the lid off this for me. Martin played to VM to multiple teammates, multiple times. And it was a joke. To him! The lunch room prank of getting up and walking away from a teammate, has been done multiple times... participated in by Martin himself.

Martin is having some sort of Amanda Bynes breakdown. And I hope he gets help, I hope his teammates forgive him, and I hope he can come back and be part of the team.

This issue should be dead now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: