Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Richie Incognito suspend indefinitely by the Dolphins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
@AdamHBeasley 2m
Incognito cites a text he received from Martin: "I will murder your whole effing family."

I said a few days ago I thought Martin was going to look really bad by the end of this. I now think he is going to be one of the most hated men in America by the end of this.

I hope hope hope Incognito can prove this.

Just gave Glazer over a thousand text messages....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
patdt13 wrote:
@AdamHBeasley 2m
Incognito cites a text he received from Martin: "I will murder your whole effing family."

I said a few days ago I thought Martin was going to look really bad by the end of this. I now think he is going to be one of the most hated men in America by the end of this.

I hope hope hope Incognito can prove this.

Just gave Glazer over a thousand text messages....

It's over.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the text apparently, you make your mind up.

**REMOVED BY MOD**

Note from PD47: Regardless of the relevancy to the story, posting an image with profane language is against site rules.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:

I take this as a joke which means im going to take everything as a joke. Case closed, let this madness end

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:

**REMOVED BY MOD**

Note from PD47: Regardless of the relevancy to the story, posting an image with profane language is against site rules.
I take it the same way I took the incognito texts as 2 friends talking junk with each other the same way guys all over the league do it. Unfortunately the media has done its damage and had to be politically correct on everything and turn it into someone is a racists and was demanding johnathon martin pay check every time he walked into the locker room or he would rough him up.
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Incognito sues the reporters who slaughtered his name. This is what happens when you try to build up a story without all of the facts.

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estimates of the NFL investigation:

1)Incognito Returning To The Dolphins - 30% More than likely some fault will fall on Richie. His past hurts him. While his teammates want him back letting him return will hurt the Dolphins organization more. Since a decision on Richie will be due right at the beginning of December its hard to say he goes but the probability is more that he is released than not. He could end up with a playoff team.

2)Jonathan Martin Returning To The Dolphins - 10% While he may be the victim of bullying it seems as if none of the current roster is standing firmly behind Martin. He also may not want to return to the Dolphins. More than likely he is not released but traded. Will have to land with an organization that has a different culture, Colts and Seahawks are two possibilities.

3)Philbin Is Fired - 20% - The chances are low that the fallout from Martin/Incognito causes Philbin to be fired but it could be a factor depending on how the rest of the year goes. Missing the playoffs will add fuel to fire him ranks. Certainly the questions of why he didn't know the situation at hand and does he really have a pulse as to the Dolphins locker room will somewhat tarnish his reputation.

4)Jeff Ireland Is Fired - 35% - Like Philbin the Dolphins performance on the field will certainly have more impact than what happened in the locker room as far as Irelands continued employment by Miami. The one factor in which they differ is Ireland telling Martins agent that Martin should "punch" Incognito. This isn't going to sit well with the NFL. The NFL is a brand. Anything thought of in a negative light doesn't help the brand as it is viewed. Add in the possibility of Ross looking for someone in the organization to blame if fault is found on an organizational level and Ireland is the first target.

5)The Dolphins Organization Is Penalized - 40% The probability would have been lower but thank Mr. Ross for it being higher than it should. Within the NFL he is considered an absentee owner and this doesn't sit good with the commissioners office. The NFL isn't concerned with owners off season but during the football season it likes a visible owner in the city they represent. With Ross spending most of his time in NYC with his business concerns the NFL will probably use this as a lack of institutional oversight for what happened in the locker room. Its doubtful the Dolphins will lose draft picks over the locker room, more than likely it will be a slap on the wrist with a modest monetary fine.

6) NFL Personnel Conduct Policy Change - 95% The most likely result will be a chapter written by what happened in the Miami locker room. Rookie hazings will end for the most part. Treatment of teammates will now be spelled out. There will be a new system put in place to universally apply to every organization as far as harassment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it ever occur to Martin if he was so unhappy here to have his agent ask for and seek a trade?

I am not sure if the dolphins want incognito back or not but if they did I think they know it would be a terrible PR move on there part right or wrong it would be.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling Martin will either be taking his money to law school or protecting Andrew Luck backside next year
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I got a feeling Martin will either be taking his money to law school or protecting Andrew Luck backside next year

Why would they do that to Luck?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Why would they do that to Luck?
lol Good point
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will in all probability be nearly impossible for the Miami Dolphins to keep Richie Incognito if all of these reports are true and it comes out in Ted Wells report to the Commissioner. More stuff :

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24249125/report-richie-incognito-dolphins-players-harassed-team-staffer

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
It will in all probability be nearly impossible for the Miami Dolphins to keep Richie Incognito if all of these reports are true and it comes out in Ted Wells report to the Commissioner. More stuff :

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24249125/report-richie-incognito-dolphins-players-harassed-team-staffer

Nothing's impossible- just because there will be an outcry for a week or two doesn't mean anything if the front office has a backbone. It's just a question of whether they want to keep him and then whether or not they have the balls to stand their ground and ignore the media. The question to the first is probably no anyway, but the second would probably be no, too.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

very unfair of me to guess on what Ross is thinking or to judge his presser but I will do it anyways and say I don't think Ross wants anything to do with Richie even before these new reports
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Martin and Incognito are now gone for the year. Indications are that neither will wear a Dolphins uniform again, with Incognito being a free agent and Martin to be either traded or released in the off season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24305660/dolphins-place-jonathan-martin-on-reserve/non-football-illness-list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: