Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Richie Incognito suspend indefinitely by the Dolphins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeesNutts wrote:
Ive said this from the jump... This is not a Dolphins issue. It was a Richie Incognito issue. And, I was wrong. This is a Jonathan Martin issue.

Ive flipped on this, Incognito is a bit of a jerk, no doubt. But he should not be suspended any longer. Cris Carter blew the lid off this for me. Martin played to VM to multiple teammates, multiple times. And it was a joke. To him! The lunch room prank of getting up and walking away from a teammate, has been done multiple times... participated in by Martin himself.

Martin is having some sort of Amanda Bynes breakdown. And I hope he gets help, I hope his teammates forgive him, and I hope he can come back and be part of the team.

This issue should be dead now.

I totally agree with everything except the bold. Martin has no place here anymore. This isn't home. These guys aren't going to welcome him back. Miami has taken on the 'us against the world' mentality.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
candyman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeesNutts wrote:
Ive said this from the jump... This is not a Dolphins issue. It was a Richie Incognito issue. And, I was wrong. This is a Jonathan Martin issue.

Ive flipped on this, Incognito is a bit of a jerk, no doubt. But he should not be suspended any longer. Cris Carter blew the lid off this for me. Martin played to VM to multiple teammates, multiple times. And it was a joke. To him! The lunch room prank of getting up and walking away from a teammate, has been done multiple times... participated in by Martin himself.

Martin is having some sort of Amanda Bynes breakdown. And I hope he gets help, I hope his teammates forgive him, and I hope he can come back and be part of the team.

Very well said. What made the difference for me was the reaction of the players. Some of the most important leaders in the team, like Tannehill and Hartline, made it clear that they believe the media is twisting the facts to make Incognito the villain.

I think Incognito feels completely backstabbed by Martin. From all acounts, including opinions by Tannehill, Clabo, Starks, etc, he was Martin's best friend in the team (Twitter messages between them, going out together, Incognito defending him against Dion, etc).

IMHO, while no one can defend Incognito for using racist language, and making death threats, the ending of the voicemail ("Ok man, call me back") and Hartline comments (that Martin laughed at the voicemail), makes it seem that for Incognito it was something between friends, and Martin used it as ammo against him.

I believe that Martin had a breakdown and wanted to get out of football, and the only way to get his money was to use Incognito as his scapegoat, given Richie's known anger managment issues, problems with other players, and his spat with prominent media members like Adam Schefter.

Martin's pretty smart and having two lawyers parents, it seemed like the natural course was for Martin to sue Incognito, Miami, or even the NFL. And his choice of lawyer, David Cornwell, who is known to have a beef with the NFLPA, makes it seem that Martin is no longer thinking about a career in football.

Quote:
"@ckparrot: Hiring Cornwell could be an indication that the Martins expect the NFLPA to side with Incognito, which would make sense."

Here is a brief summary of what Martin stands to gain, if he sues and wins.

Quote:
A Florida law -- Evidencing Prejudice While Committing Offense -- provides the legal foundation for a civil lawsuit that would seek to assess monetary damages against Incognito. It provides for money damages for anyone who "has been intimidated or threatened" on the basis of "race or color."

Incognito's use of the N-word and his threats "to kill" would appear to qualify Martin for money damages at Incognito's expense.

It gets even better for Martin. The Florida law provides for triple damages -- yes, triple damages -- and would allow Martin to collect his legal fees from Incognito. These provisions could produce a significant jury verdict for Martin at Incognito's expense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9932264/florida-law-provide-big-payday-jonathan-martin-sue-miami-dolphins-richie-incognito

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeesNutts wrote:

Cris Carter infuriated me when he took such a hard stance against Incognito. Matter of fact, Tom Jackson, who is typically objective jumped the gun in calling Incognito a racist. He didnt even have all the facts to call him that.

MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to worry that the Dolphins organization is going to be the main target for Martin's case. The evidence against Incognito means nothing if Martin can prove that he went to the organization with a problem, which they brushed off and he later had an emotional breakdown based on what he was complaining about.

Our FO continues to be the laughing stock of the NFL I feel like we yearly get a report of something stupid done up top in this organization. It's no wonder we haven't been a good franchise since Marino retired, he was carrying the entire organization and we still cannot recover 15 years later. that's mind-boggling. And unfortunately expected now.
daniel3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

Damn, if Murtha is believed, Martin is a crazy snake.

Quote:
Incognito was made a scapegoat for the hell coming down on the Dolphins organization, which in turn said it knew nothing about any so-called hazing. Thatís the most outlandish lie of this whole thing. The coaches know everything. The coaches know whoís getting picked on and in many cases call for that player to be singled out. Any type of denial on that side is ridiculous. I have friends on more than a dozen teams, and itís the same everywhere.

Lol at Philbin - "Hazing? What hazing?"
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe part of outcome after the NFL investigates is that "rookie hazing" will be banned and that a system will be installed for every team where by if a player feels they are being harassed by another player there will be a protocol instituted to remedy the situation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who's vote Jonathon Martin went to for leadership council in training camp? you guessed it Richie incognito
Army

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel3 wrote:
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

Damn, if Murtha is believed, Martin is a crazy snake.

Quote:
Incognito was made a scapegoat for the hell coming down on the Dolphins organization, which in turn said it knew nothing about any so-called hazing. Thatís the most outlandish lie of this whole thing. The coaches know everything. The coaches know whoís getting picked on and in many cases call for that player to be singled out. Any type of denial on that side is ridiculous. I have friends on more than a dozen teams, and itís the same everywhere.

Lol at Philbin - "Hazing? What hazing?"

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/paragraph-ex-nfl-player-explains-135837414.html?bcmt=comments-postbox

And here's a response to that article.
Army

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Guess who's vote Jonathon Martin went to for leadership council in training camp? you guessed it Richie incognito

ESPN took a Poll of NFL Players, and by a 2 to 1 margin, more NFL Players would rather have Martin as a teammate than Incognito.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/08/poll-of-players-suggests-most-wouldnt-want-incognito-as-a-teammate/related/
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

ESPN took a Poll of NFL Players, and by a 2 to 1 margin, more NFL Players would rather have Martin as a teammate than Incognito.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/08/poll-of-players-suggests-most-wouldnt-want-incognito-as-a-teammate/related/

This part I never liked when it came out. How can you vote on who is a better teammate when you are not in the locker room???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Army wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

This part I never liked when it came out. How can you vote on who is a better teammate when you are not in the locker room???

Selective journalism. ESPN only asked 4% of the NFL that question. I guarantee the results would be drastically different if a nonbiased organization with no one-sided agenda was collecting this data.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

Who did they poll, opposing team defensive tackles....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole situation has really gotten out of control IMO. Now, I am not going to get into whether Incognito is at fault or what not as there is a lot of misleading information out there on this. Now I know all the players on the team are standing behind Incognito (atleast it looks that way) but something is off here. The media however has really skewed this incident though. But there is one persons perspective I would be really interested in hearing. that is Michael Egnew's. He was pretty much called a "P word" on hard knocks, had had his mental and physical toughness questioned throughout the season and you have to figure he had the same type of locker room experiences as Martin

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
patdt13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AdamHBeasley 2m
Incognito cites a text he received from Martin: "I will murder your whole effing family."

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
@AdamHBeasley 2m
Incognito cites a text he received from Martin: "I will murder your whole effing family."

I said a few days ago I thought Martin was going to look really bad by the end of this. I now think he is going to be one of the most hated men in America by the end of this.

I hope hope hope Incognito can prove this.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: