Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Richie Incognito suspend indefinitely by the Dolphins.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Richie Incognito suspend indefinitely by the Dolphins. Reply with quote

Dolphins suspend Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team steaming from the Jonathan Martin incident. The league is also looking into the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/03/dolphins-suspend-richie-incognito/

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like Martin saved some texts and voicemails. Apparently both of his parents are Harvard grads and lawyers.

This has clearly become a Martin vs. The Dolphins FO type situation. Martin has played his last snap as a Dolphin. Incognito's marginally above-average played, limited mobility, and now this will be the straw that broke the camel's back. Highly doubt he'll be brought back and unfortunately his next contract won't be for more than the veteran minimum if anything at all comes out of this investigation.

Everyone is losing here, including Philbin and Co. I know I don't know all the details but my gut and the little evidence we have is telling me these claims of "player misconduct" and "bullying" are being way over-blown.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is Miami's way of trying to get rid of the distraction. By suspending Richie it gets it out of the locker room and lets the players focus on Tampa Bay or at least try. I do believe Martin will be traded or let go in the offseason. The thing about this though is it means Philbin doesn't have control over the locker room. With the talent on the team it makes you wonder how many players want to play for him

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be really great if tannehill embraces this situation to see that its his time to pull these guys together and keep them focused, we just beat a good cinci team and are going into a fairly easy game in Tampa two wins in a row could really be what this team needs to step up, I feel like he will and really turn things around for last 7 weeks
AngryFinFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poop is about to get deep.

Like any other team that gets caught red handed doing it first (bounty scandal) even thou its a league wide issue we will be made an example of it. And there is ZERO chance that this all happened with the coaching staff never knowing anything of it.

With the huge spotlight bullying already receives nationally, and rightfully so, the media and fans will demand a swift and step punishment to make an example out of the Dolphins.

I expect multiple players to be suspended and fined and won't be shocked if the team as a whole sees fines and suspensions within its staff.

It's about to get ugly.
Judson49

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I think this is Miami's way of trying to get rid of the distraction. By suspending Richie it gets it out of the locker room and lets the players focus on Tampa Bay or at least try. I do believe Martin will be traded or let go in the offseason. The thing about this though is it means Philbin doesn't have control over the locker room. With the talent on the team it makes you wonder how many players want to play for him

I can't believe that a billionaire business man running a world famous sporting franchise would not have an army of lawyers at his disposal capable of deliberating every minute detail of employment law. Therefore I can't imagine the Dolphins would suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the team merely as a way of helping everyone get their collective minds straight.

I would have to assume there is enough evidence for them to make this move. Particularly in light of the fact it appears an almost total 180 on the previously released statements.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Well at least this means we will HAVE to address the interior offensive line next off-season!

Cya, Incognito.

Actually cd is right, Martin is probably gone for good too. 3 offensive linemen in the first 3 rounds next draft?

And side note... I just can't wait to see how bad our offensive line is now, for the rest of the season. Incognito is a below average guard, but he was our best offensive lineman aside from Mike Pouncey...

Nacho Simulation Football League
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they were decisive about something....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

I can't believe that a billionaire business man running a world famous sporting franchise would not have an army of lawyers at his disposal capable of deliberating every minute detail of employment law. Therefore I can't imagine the Dolphins would suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the team merely as a way of helping everyone get their collective minds straight.

I would have to assume there is enough evidence for them to make this move. Particularly in light of the fact it appears an almost total 180 on the previously released statements.

That just happens to be the type of law my dad specializes in lol

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Dolphins website their official statement on Richie Incognito.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/press-releases/article-1/Miami-Dolphins-Statement-On-Richie-Incognito/d359fa31-80ec-48a8-ae66-cbdebc36bfbf

I have the feeling now that the NFLPA and the NFL are involved its only get worse. I mean yesterday this came from a Philbin at a press conference.

Reporter : Have you talked to the players about Martin leaving the team?

Philbin : I addressed the team and told them that this type of behavior is not acceptable right after Thursdays game

Reporter : So the players accepted the new attitude towards treatment of teammates?

Philbin : I don't think they really liked what I said as I haven't seen my wife since early Friday morning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know what to make of this situation there are so many different reports out there . I keep waiting to hear something worse then jonathon Martin having to pay some money that he didn't want to. As for the lunch table prank the O-line played the same prank on Nate garner the week before and Martin participated in that. I guess I'm going to wait for more details to come out.

So does this mean Dallas Thomas may be active on game day finally ?
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more according to Fox :

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jonathan-martin-richie-incognito-racially-charged-texts-voicemails-miami-dolphins-nflpa-investigation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you have it if that's the case all bad. Outstanding leadership Richie man oh man..
Manic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing football again is the least of richie's worries. They are going as far to say this is a possible Hate crime. Depending if it was cus of his race or sexual preference hes gonna have to watch his back in public. Theres gonna be soo many protests and group coming at him. He's done, hes not good enough for a team to bring his circus to town.

I hope it was worth it.

oh yeah there's some reports that martin informed Philbin about this during camp this year. So theres a chance this might get to our coaches or GM. We might be lookin at a clean sweep this offseason

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more to this story. There has to be because this sort of behavior is normal within the NFL. I would bet Jonathan Martin is gay or something like that. This IMHO is a benign incident that has become malignant. This smells to be a ground breaking potential legal incident that stretches further than just one 300 lb man being bullied by another 300lb man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: