Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan Appreciation Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Rex Ryan Appreciation Thread Reply with quote

"Rex Ryan is a lame duck coach"

"The Jets are the worst team in football"

"The Jets are a glorified expansion team"

All of these were said about Rex and the Jets before the season. Everyone was certain about what the future held for the Jets - except no one told the Jets.

Rex Ryan is a great coach in the NFL. It's about time we started to appreciate what he's done with the team this season. It's frankly nothing short of amazing.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Bianconero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already got a Rex Ryan thread dude http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=530905
JMG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, but, but.... but.......

His teams are undisciplined, have way too many penalties, he's a glorified DC and his defense isn't even that good! We continue to never draft a speed rusher or safety and our LBs can't play well in space! Not to mention we are a circus and our FO doesn't know how to draft/approach FA and contract negotiations!

[]_[] Family
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex Ryan was never a lame-duck coach - that I firmly believe. He was always going to be given a fair shot and his return isn't contingent on making the playoffs.

The problem still remains that the team isn't even-keel and rides the emotional roller-coaster. If we build a team good enough to get into the playoffs every year, we could effectively be like the Giants - a team that galvanizes in the playoffs despite a rocky regular season. But ideally, we need to put a stop to these lulls.

To an extent though, we can put the problems of inconsistency on having a rookie quarterback and not a whole lot of talent on offense, and some weaknesses that still exist on defense. But at the same time, I think what we have is Rex Ryan getting guys super fired up for performances against Tom Brady or Drew Brees and we bring it. But then brings it down against a player like Andy Dalton who we underestimate and he tears us apart. Rex has to treat every game like we're playing Tom Brady.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can proudly say that I was always behind him! I love Rex and I hope hes here to stay because we would most likely downgrade at the position if you fire him, he can get the most out of his teams period!

Props to El Ramster on the sig
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always loved Rex. He actually gave us an identity and something to root for, made me proud to be a Jets fan. Too often people complain about him but when you look at other teams coaches Rex is pretty damn good at keeping the team with him through rough spells.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, if you haven't seen it, his post-game press conference was awesome.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't perfect, but dam I love Rex. I just hope our team can string together some wins for him now.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swag is almost back to the way it was.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy Rexy is back

JMG on the sig
Jetsqb101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if people believe me or not on this, but I've been an adamant supporter of Rex Ryan ever since he arrived here and gave us an elite defense in his first season. People don't seem to recognize just how valuable that is, and this guy actually has a very good resume on his hands for what he's done with the Jets in my opinion. If we lose him as a head coach, I bet another team takes him and we regret it.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has his faults, but I could probably count on one hand the coaches I would take over him.
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex Ryan may have his faults but he's a hell of a football coach and I can honestly say right now there isn't another head coach i'd rather have. He started as a rookie HC so he had a lot to learn and I do think he's become better every year.

I don't think I've heard a player not like to play for him. And almost every defensive pick he's made has been a good addition or piece of the puzzle to be used on our D. Wilson was probably the worst one but even then in the slot he's definitely an above average corner.

Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis, Antonio Allen, Demario Davis

he's picked up some really good pieces on D

and now that he's found an offensive coordinator it looks like we have the proper balance in the coaching staff.

I can proudly say I've been one of the people solidly behind Rex through all times, and will continue to be so.
Wilkasaur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Swag is almost back to the way it was.

I totally agree, the defense is playing lights out for Rex like they always have. I never understood how he could be hated when we have always had a top ten defense in the league with the man.

Loving this group of guys we have right now on D and O. Rex has them all playing so hard for him. I really don't want our coaching staff to change, I'd love for our players to have some consistent coaches like the elite teams do.

The fact that some of the media had written him off as lame duck head coach or " on the hot seat" always made me so mad in the offseason Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: