Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Schedule Controversy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar72587

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Chiefs Schedule Controversy Reply with quote

So I want to start a discussion about our schedule as it relates to our 9-0 start. How much of our schedule being the easiest has determined our current record? Would you say the chiefs are over rated and not a a legit 9-0 team because we struggled vs the bills?

I will start by saying this:

All schedules are determined based on previous years numbers so to say that we have the easiest schedule is not entirely inaccurate but at the same time not a fair way to fully diagnose a teams value based on the wins and losses they have.

We were 2-14 last year and with this we were officially the worst team in the league. However, we were the most talented team.

I forget the ESPN analyst who said this but I heard it best said that the chiefs were one of the most talented teams in the NFL but just mismanaged.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The League moved to pushing intra-division games to the back end for a couple of years now - it just makes it more interesting when the playoff contention is delayed. Noone would have assumed that the AFC West is THAT big a number this year - may be people considered DEN as a playoff lock and SB contender .. but the Chiefs?? San Diego?? Not really.

I think both the AFC East and the NFC East were considered pretty strong divisions ... well they are not playing a pretty strong AFC West.

So - it's all a part of the competitiveness in the NFL that the schedule shakes up the way it does.
starbarkc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are what your record says you are.

It doesn't matter how we were 2-14 last year any more than it does how we are 9-0 this year, we can only play who we are scheduled to play.

Scheduling based on abstract talent wouldn't be fair but I think the current system attempts to even the playing field as much as possible.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #87 Travis Kelce, TE
Rec:0/Yards:0/TD's:0/Avg per:0
Kcpre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still hilarious to me that people act like we don't have the same damn schedule as the rest of our division except for 2 games. So if people don't think we're that good because of our schedule OAK and SD must be terrible since they're not undefeated with such an easy schedule
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hate should make us proud. More drive for an already driven team.

"
Quote:
@mellinger: Asked Dwayne Bowe if he'd heard people call the Chiefs the worst 9-0 team. "I hadn't heard that. I heard we're the only 9-0 team.""

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
The hate should make us proud. More drive for an already driven team.

"
Quote:
@mellinger: Asked Dwayne Bowe if he'd heard people call the Chiefs the worst 9-0 team. "I hadn't heard that. I heard we're the only 9-0 team.""

That's an awesome retort. Quite possibly the smartest thing I've heard Bowe say too.

And weren't we the best 2-14 team last year, historically speaking as the above is obviously eluding to?

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, meant to post this here

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl-forbids-chiefs-from-creating-their-own-schedul,34380/
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Onion rocks.

The schedule should not have been this easy. Houston was considered one of the Super Bowl contenders. The NYG were the favorite to win their division. Since Tennessee and Dallas were supposed to be about where they are, those four were projected as losses. The rest was one easy game and four competitive ones. Before the season, optomistic projections had us 4-5 at this point. Of course, last season, the Bills burned us to the ground.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: