Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week Chatter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Huge dose of Lynch on that game winning drive. There lots of good RBs in the league, but none that seems more beast late in the game than Lynch.

So mad right now that the Bucs blew a 21 point lead. And we had this argument before but I still think the noise in that stadium is unfair.

If you get a 21 point lead in that stadium and manage to lose, the problem isn't the stadium... what's wrong with that stupid team, outside of Schiano?!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have 3 loses right now. Texans, rams, and Bucs. I'm fact I'll
even add the week 1 against the Panthers. Lucky team.
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to continue to blow teams out and we need to beat them on Dec 8. Though not likely, this could come down to strength of victory.

Quote:
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

First team to screw-up loses.

Edit: Funny Inman literally just posted the same thing at the exact same time.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks' luck will eventually run out. They're due for a loss soon. I think they go on the road to Atlanta at 1pm EST next week so HOPEFULLY that will be the week they finally get what they deserve. They keep pulling out these lucky wins, its gotta run out soon!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Seattle won. 2 more wins than us and the head to head.

-New Orleans lost. Seattle is now very close to getting the homefield advantage.

-Carolina won. They're 1 game behind us for the WC spot, and so is Detroit. 1 big mistake and we could find ourselves out of the playoffs.

-KC won. Our 2nd round pick is now lower. They keep facing backup QB's. How lucky can 1 team be all year?

Everything went against us today. It was about as bad a bye week as we could have hoped for. Seriously, the worst case scenario happened today.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree totally! Next week will be a test and frankly I'm nervous.

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
We need to continue to blow teams out and we need to beat them on Dec 8. Though not likely, this could come down to strength of victory.

Quote:
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

First team to screw-up loses.

Edit: Funny Inman literally just posted the same thing at the exact same time.
AndyLeesAunt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the hawks are dealing with injuries in their front 7 the past few weeks but have they been exposed?

2 rookies have run down their throats the past couple weeks...
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this said. The Carolina game is a must win. No room for error here. We also need the saints to beat the Hawks cause I don't like that matchup in New
Orleans either.

49ersfan wrote:

-New Orleans lost. Seattle is now very close to getting the homefield advantage.

-Carolina won. They're 1 game behind us for the WC spot, and so is Detroit. 1 big mistake and we could find ourselves out of the playoffs.

-KC won. Our 2nd round pick is now lower. They keep facing backup QB's. How lucky can 1 team be all year?

Everything went against us today. It was about as bad a bye week as we could have hoped for. Seriously, the worst case scenario happened today.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

Hold on a bit. We've lost two; they've lost one. If we win our game with them then we both have two losses. So it all comes down to the rest of the schedule ... assuming of course that we win that game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we beat the Seahawks and finish with the same record, it will come down to division record. If that is the same, than it will come down to the conference record. That's why a Rams win last week would have been HUGE for us.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolina is playing lights out right now, but man, their remaining schedule is brutal. It's definitely possible that we miss the playoffs; we could very easily lose to Carolina, New Orleans and Seattle again. That being said, I see Detroit finishing something like 9-7 and Carolina at 10-6 at best. I think we should be okay should we win the remaining games that we are supposed to win. I think we are in for a rough week next week, though Harbaugh and company have proven to be very apt in the gameplan after bye weeks, so we do have that advantage.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY unlikely we miss the playoffs with the Bucs, Falcons, Rams, and Cardinals still remaining on the schedule. I think we have a great shot of finishing 12-4 or at least 11-5.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted as a reaction to the Seattle win. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTqZOAswrI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
VERY unlikely we miss the playoffs with the Bucs, Falcons, Rams, and Cardinals still remaining on the schedule. I think we have a great shot of finishing 12-4 or at least 11-5.

All four of those should be W's which will get us to ten. I think washington should be a W, I say this because their defense is horrible and we should have a field day that day. So really the two big question marks are Carolina and the Saints(Aldon Smith and Crabs will be huge for this game).

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
If we beat the Seahawks and finish with the same record, it will come down to division record. If that is the same, than it will come down to the conference record. That's why a Rams win last week would have been HUGE for us.

Yeah, but really if we beat them it still all comes down to the rest of the remaining scheudle. We've both lost to Indy; they've beaten us; and I'm assuming we beat them. So at that point we're completely tied. So if we win more of our other games than them, we win the division. If they win more remaining games than us, they win the division.

If overall records are the same then it comes down to division record. But after that it goes to "opponents in common", not conference. If they lose to us and Atlanta, and we beat Atlanta but lose to Washington we'll have the same overall record and same division record. But we'd have a better record against common opponents since, in this scenario, we beat our common opponent (Atlanta) but lose to someone not on their schedule (Redskins).

... at leas that's how I think it works. But there's a whole lot of games left before any of that comes into play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: