Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT: Bolts @ Skins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 663
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
I guess we are who we are though.


They are who we thought they were...

Laughing Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TruSkinsFan


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 304
Location: DMV - PG County (We Be On It)!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, just want to say great game on both sides.

Chargers did everything that was asked out of them as a team and they fought hard which went into OT. I want to personally say good luck to you guys and the Chargers for the rest of the season.


GO Chargers! Smile

Once again that was a great game from both teams!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zappaz


Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 1053
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say Keenan Allen was at it once again. He did have a costly drop and should have fought harder on that Amerson INT, but after that he was money.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specialist11


Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 611
Location: Orange County, CA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Why did they place the ball just inside the 1 after the Woodhead dive? Shouldn't it have been like 6 inches from the goal line, I mean his hand nearly grazed the corner marker.


The ref literally said "the ball will be placed on the six-inch line", so yeah, that confused me too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 4749
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
This team really should be 7-1 (we shouldn't have won the Raiders game IMO, team was just bad that day). Didn't see the game but going nearly the length of the field only to watch the playcall be run with a 190 pound back and then 2 passes is.... ridiculous.


Yeah, that what makes this season so frustrating. This team has found a way to lose in unbelievable ways three out of four games. Honestly, we are going to look back at this season and realize what a wasted opportunity this season was, the AFC isn't strong and they have the talent to make a run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Durandal1707


Joined: 08 May 2013
Posts: 510
Location: Utah
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty this season has gone basically like I expected. I just want a DC who actually has the D ready to play when it matters.

And corners that can actually cover.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zappaz


Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 1053
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Cox during the game, noticed Patrick was playing alot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 4749
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
What happened to Cox during the game, noticed Patrick was playing alot.


He got benched for sucking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specialist11


Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 611
Location: Orange County, CA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
This team really should be 7-1 (we shouldn't have won the Raiders game IMO, team was just bad that day). Didn't see the game but going nearly the length of the field only to watch the playcall be run with a 190 pound back and then 2 passes is.... ridiculous.


Yeah, that what makes this season so frustrating. This team has found a way to lose in unbelievable ways three out of four games. Honestly, we are going to look back at this season and realize what a wasted opportunity this season was, the AFC isn't strong and they have the talent to make a run.


It's funny, because a lot of people thought a regime change would result in the team cutting down on these types of losses, but instead, it appears to be going in the opposite direction. The losses are even stupider than last year (not that we didn't have our fair share of stupid losses last year; this is Charger football, at least a couple of them are to be expected.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 663
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specialist11 wrote:
It's funny, because a lot of people thought a regime change would result in the team cutting down on these types of losses, but instead, it appears to be going in the opposite direction. The losses are even stupider than last year (not that we didn't have our fair share of stupid losses last year; this is Charger football, at least a couple of them are to be expected.)


I think the schedule is a big factor in that. Last season, the Chargers had one of the weakest strengths of schedule in the league. They faced several teams that played inept and couldn't expose our weaknesses. Fast forward to this season, and the Chargers have one of the strongest strengths of schedule in the league (currently 5th). The Jags stand out as the only opponent that couldn't stop shooting itself in the foot, and it looks like it may remain that way through the rest of the season. We had several games like that last year, and that's what got us to 7-9 (we were 6-1 against teams picking before us in the draft). It's when we faced competent opponents that we tended to implode (we were 1-8 against teams picking after us in the draft). I suspect that we're getting better in that regard, but still have work to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gaston


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Brussels
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a gif of the OPI on Allen ?! This was just poor officiating !

Thanks !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Durandal1707


Joined: 08 May 2013
Posts: 510
Location: Utah
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specialist11 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
This team really should be 7-1 (we shouldn't have won the Raiders game IMO, team was just bad that day). Didn't see the game but going nearly the length of the field only to watch the playcall be run with a 190 pound back and then 2 passes is.... ridiculous.


Yeah, that what makes this season so frustrating. This team has found a way to lose in unbelievable ways three out of four games. Honestly, we are going to look back at this season and realize what a wasted opportunity this season was, the AFC isn't strong and they have the talent to make a run.


It's funny, because a lot of people thought a regime change would result in the team cutting down on these types of losses, but instead, it appears to be going in the opposite direction.


It's extremely difficult to change that sort of thing when the HC in question is in his first year and has never had a HC gig before this one. Combine that with a defense that can't get off the field to save their idiotic lives (Weddle excepted) and it's all but impossible.

And I would contend it's better than it was last year, because while we've lost close games, it's not nearly as embarrassingly awful as the MNF meltdown against Denver or 4th and 29.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specialist11


Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 611
Location: Orange County, CA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durandal1707 wrote:
Specialist11 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
This team really should be 7-1 (we shouldn't have won the Raiders game IMO, team was just bad that day). Didn't see the game but going nearly the length of the field only to watch the playcall be run with a 190 pound back and then 2 passes is.... ridiculous.


Yeah, that what makes this season so frustrating. This team has found a way to lose in unbelievable ways three out of four games. Honestly, we are going to look back at this season and realize what a wasted opportunity this season was, the AFC isn't strong and they have the talent to make a run.


It's funny, because a lot of people thought a regime change would result in the team cutting down on these types of losses, but instead, it appears to be going in the opposite direction.


And I would contend it's better than it was last year, because while we've lost close games, it's not nearly as embarrassingly awful as the MNF meltdown against Denver or 4th and 29.


The Texans meltdown is pretty darn close to the Broncos MNF game, and I'd argue that last week's debacle is the team's stupidest loss since the "Worst Day Ever" fumble on Halloween against the Chiefs in 2011. And we're only halfway through the season.

Neutral wrote:

I think the schedule is a big factor in that. Last season, the Chargers had one of the weakest strengths of schedule in the league. They faced several teams that played inept and couldn't expose our weaknesses. Fast forward to this season, and the Chargers have one of the strongest strengths of schedule in the league (currently 5th). The Jags stand out as the only opponent that couldn't stop shooting itself in the foot, and it looks like it may remain that way through the rest of the season. We had several games like that last year, and that's what got us to 7-9 (we were 6-1 against teams picking before us in the draft). It's when we faced competent opponents that we tended to implode (we were 1-8 against teams picking after us in the draft). I suspect that we're getting better in that regard, but still have work to do.


Good point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nevetslc


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 158
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaston wrote:
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a gif of the OPI on Allen ?! This was just poor officiating !

Thanks !



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gaston


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Brussels
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group