Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manziel a perfect fit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18792
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just say if the trade deadline was pushed back to week 11, and the Seahawks offered us Wilson for Foles straight up, I would accept in a heartbeat.
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles18


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 2957
Location: Mountain West USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Wilson never threw for 7 touchdowns and a 158.3 rating. That's boss status

Laughing
_________________

Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

If you think any of this points to Wilson>Luck you are wrong. Luck is a stud, right now. He is a top 7 QB, hell I'd rank him as the 6th best QB behind the Studs and Rivers this year. If you can't see how much better Luck is then Wilson then you have just confirmed my beliefs that you are awful at evaluating QB's. It would explain a lot...


Passer Rating- Russell Wilson
Completion Percentage- Russell Wilson
Yards Per Attempt- Russell Wilson
More Passing Touchdowns- Russell Wilson
Fewer Interceptions- Russell Wilson

The fact that you think Andrew Luck is by far better than Russell Wilson explains how you just like others are going off of pre-season hype or expectations and not by results

What more could Russell Wilson possibly do given Seattle's run first attack and no elite receivers in terms of scoring TDs

How has Russell Wilson held his team back from maximizing their potential so far this season?

And BTW, his Oline has been horrendous since they have been missing 2-3 starters lately.


But you're right go ahead and question my QB evaluation when I was the only one who said Vick over Kolb. And when I was on the Russell Wilson bandwagon since day one when many had him slated as a career backup or mediocre starter at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5812
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:

If you think any of this points to Wilson>Luck you are wrong. Luck is a stud, right now. He is a top 7 QB, hell I'd rank him as the 6th best QB behind the Studs and Rivers this year. If you can't see how much better Luck is then Wilson then you have just confirmed my beliefs that you are awful at evaluating QB's. It would explain a lot...


Passer Rating- Russell Wilson
Completion Percentage- Russell Wilson
Yards Per Attempt- Russell Wilson
More Passing Touchdowns- Russell Wilson
Fewer Interceptions- Russell Wilson

The fact that you think Andrew Luck is by far better than Russell Wilson explains how you just like others are going off of pre-season hype or expectations and not by results

What more could Russell Wilson possibly do given Seattle's run first attack and no elite receivers in terms of scoring TDs

How has Russell Wilson held his team back from maximizing their potential so far this season?

And BTW, his Oline has been horrendous since they have been missing 2-3 starters lately.


But you're right go ahead and question my QB evaluation when I was the only one who said Vick over Kolb. And when I was on the Russell Wilson bandwagon since day one when many had him slated as a career backup or mediocre starter at best

Judging a QB based on 9 starts isn't very smart. I think Wilson is a great young QB, and that he will be a stud in the future, but Luck does more with less, he is much more important to his team. Take Luck off the Colts and put in an average QB and they are likely a below average team. Do the same to Wilson and I could see the Seahawks still winning 12 games. Luck is the better player, stats be damned. I mean he won the head to head matchup Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 18792
Location: Can't talk
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Luck over Wilson... and I'm a Wilson fan. It's close though, and both are already very good QBs who both have elite potential.
_________________


~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5812
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jroc04


Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Posts: 11296
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.


Yep.
_________________

Phire sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36367
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.

Wilson been riding 'Hawks D & Lynch all the the way Wink
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnnygunnz


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 4265
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.

Wilson been riding 'Hawks D & Lynch all the the way Wink


Plus, there is something to be said for being clutch... and Luck has proven time and time again that he is clutch as hell. Something like 10 4th quarter comeback wins or something in his short career?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.

Wilson been riding 'Hawks D & Lynch all the the way Wink


Plus, there is something to be said for being clutch... and Luck has proven time and time again that he is clutch as hell. Something like 10 4th quarter comeback wins or something in his short career?


And when has Russell Wilson NOT been clutch? And don't they have the same amount of 4th quarter comebacks this year?

At some point you guys are putting Luck in a win/win situation where it doesn't matter how inferior his numbers are to Wilson you can make excuses and still say he's by far better than Wilson even if there is no tangible metric to go by.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10014
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is Russel doesn't have to be clutch because he has Lynch and that Defense.

It's kind of a Trent Dilfer situation but Russel actually has talent, just not as much as Luck.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5812
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Johnnygunnz wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.

Wilson been riding 'Hawks D & Lynch all the the way Wink


Plus, there is something to be said for being clutch... and Luck has proven time and time again that he is clutch as hell. Something like 10 4th quarter comeback wins or something in his short career?


And when has Russell Wilson NOT been clutch? And don't they have the same amount of 4th quarter comebacks this year?

At some point you guys are putting Luck in a win/win situation where it doesn't matter how inferior his numbers are to Wilson you can make excuses and still say he's by far better than Wilson even if there is no tangible metric to go by.

That is because there IS NO METRIC. Did you not read my post? It isn't a win/win situation, it is the truth. There is more to playing QB then what shows up on the stat sheet. If you honestly can't comprehend that then you are a lost cause.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomCampBody


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 2223
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Posted this in NFL Gen about Luck vs Wilson:

Quote:
Your arguments are based completely off stats. You take watching the games and using the eye test out of the equation completely. How can you not see that is a mistake? Andrew Luck does more for the Colts then Wilson does for the Hawks. Luck is a dominant QB pre-snap, much better the Russell Wilson, what metric do you point to that points that out? How do you quantify Luck's ability to anticipate throws better the Wilson? How do you measure Luck's ability to lead a fourth quarter comeback? You take none of these factors into account when discussing your so called "facts". Anyone who knows football knows that stats are not the standard for determining the greatness of QBs. You are only looking at half of the equation.

Wilson been riding 'Hawks D & Lynch all the the way Wink


Plus, there is something to be said for being clutch... and Luck has proven time and time again that he is clutch as hell. Something like 10 4th quarter comeback wins or something in his short career?


Luck has 10, wilson has 8.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
The point is Russel doesn't have to be clutch because he has Lynch and that Defense.

It's kind of a Trent Dilfer situation but Russel actually has talent, just not as much as Luck.


I can't believe you just compared Russell Wilson to Trent Dilfer.

Russell Wilson tied Peyton Manning for passing TDs as a rookie last year and is on pace to finish top 2 all-time for first 2 years in the league in that department

He has decisively more TDs than Andrew Luck with fewer INTs yet you choose to compare him to Trent freaking Dilfer.

And how the freak can you say he doesn't have to be clutch when he only has a whopping ONE less career game winning drive than Luck?

And quite frankly he should have had another one in the playoffs that his defense blew vs my Falcons because they celebrated too early after that 4th quarter three touchdown comeback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49673
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell can have a bad game and the Seahawks can still win. Not many quarterbacks have that luxury. That doesn't mean Russell Wilson sucks, it's just stating a fact that cannot be contested.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group