Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox to have heart surgery, JDR to be interim HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a day now thinking about the whole situation and my feelings are still the same as they were once the news of Fox's health troubles emerged: I am not the least bit worried about our season. JDR can step in and handle matters until Fox comes back and if the HC's departure in some way affected the team, it would be only positive. I may come across a bit naive not thinking that this is such a huge deal but I have seen enough teams which were rallied by incidents like this.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Last edited by BroncoinGermany on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also helps that he has a good coaching staff around him. I seriously doubt we see many changes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know if JDR will still be calling the defenses? I think he will be just fine as a HC I just wish he could have had a little more time to focus solely on the defense and get them back to where we were last year.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
Do we know if JDR will still be calling the defenses? I think he will be just fine as a HC I just wish he could have had a little more time to focus solely on the defense and get them back to where we were last year.

Yeah he is still calling plays defensively, said so in press conference today

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

Yeah he is still calling plays defensively, said so in press conference today

Good news
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Fox is good long term. Good man and from what I understand real good family.

JDR is going to be fine. This team is going to be fine. There are enough good people in the organization to handles this situation.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver was in a good situation for something like this to happen. JDR has 9 years HC experience and has a similar coaching style to that of Fox. Obviously, the team will notice the loss, but i don't expect Denver to being significantly hurt by his absence.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a scary reason to have to take over the team, but we're in good hands under JDR. This teams got leadership oozing out of every crevice. They're mentally capable of handling this, and rallying, which I fully expect they do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, I wouldn't want to play the Broncos the next few weeks. They'll be rallying big time for Fox.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Its a scary reason to have to take over the team, but we're in good hands under JDR. This teams got leadership oozing out of every crevice. They're mentally capable of handling this, and rallying, which I fully expect they do.

This is so true. Elway and Co. have done such a good job building this team from every angle. We could probably lose anyone and the team could still perform at a very high level, except Peyton Manning of course.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how long Fox will be out? I have read that it is estimated to be around 6-7 weeks on numerous sites now, but Big Al gave his take on the situation, saying that in his opinion, Fox should get healthy first and in fact rest the whole remaining season. His personal perspective, yet I do somewhat concur. With JDR at the helm, no need to rush back.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
I wonder how long Fox will be out? I have read that it is estimated to be around 6-7 weeks on numerous sites now, but Big Al gave his take on the situation, saying that in his opinion, Fox should get healthy first and in fact rest the whole remaining season. His personal perspective, yet I do somewhat concur. With JDR at the helm, no need to rush back.

I've been thinking about that too. My father-in-law who's a little older and in worst health barely survived the aftermath of the surgery. 14 moths later and it looks like he's finally going hunting again.

Coming back into a high stress environment isn't easy. Maybe he'll be 'around' for the playoffs (even on the sidelines or perhaps in a booth?), but will he be healthy enough to run the show in the capacity he did prior? I would be surprised. I expect him to ease back into it, meaning he's not full time again until next year.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me, or is JDR, just a little more emotional than Fox? I think the team rallies off of JDR for the rest of the season.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Piecing together all the news reports and removing most of the speculation, it sounds like this is a likely schedule:

Surgery on Monday or Tuesday
Fox to remain in North Carolina for 10-14 days after surgery.
Mid-/late-November -- return to Colorado and continues recuperation.
Mid-/late-December -- resume coaching.

If that timeline is correct, Fox will be ready by the playoffs.

Update:
Fox's surgery went well and he may be back in Colorado by late November.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/11/05/john-fox-up-and-walking-around-day-after-surgery/22991/
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
Piecing together all the news reports and removing most of the speculation, it sounds like this is a likely schedule:

Surgery on Monday or Tuesday
Fox to remain in North Carolina for 10-14 days after surgery.
Mid-/late-November -- return to Colorado and continues recuperation.
Mid-/late-December -- resume coaching.

If that timeline is correct, Fox will be ready by the playoffs.

Update:
Fox's surgery went well and he may be back in Colorado by late November.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/11/05/john-fox-up-and-walking-around-day-after-surgery/22991/

Very good news. I am going to send him a basket of rocky mountain oysters just in case he starts forgetting about Denver. I will address the note, "courtesy of the fans in football's future denver bronco forum."

Last edited by jsthomp2007 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: