Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox to have heart surgery, JDR to be interim HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
If JDR wants to be a HC again now is the time to show he can be. Also Eric Studesville has interim experience.

I was gonna bring that up, PFT reminded everyone of that as well. I wouldnt be surprised if he is made interim coach

Isnt Studesville the Asst Head Coach too? I dont know why but I thought for some reason he was...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Foxy gets better soon. Here is to Manning becoming the Broncos interim.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest official update doesn't add too much.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Update-on-Head-Coach-John-Fox/e63b91f8-4f72-42be-8d12-9a1f644e1781

Piecing together all the news reports and removing most of the speculation, it sounds like this is a likely schedule:

Surgery on Monday or Tuesday
Fox to remain in North Carolina for 10-14 days after surgery.
Mid-/late-November -- return to Colorado and continues recuperation.
Mid-/late-December -- resume coaching.

If that timeline is correct, Fox will be ready by the playoffs.

So much for an uneventful bye week. Jack Del Rio must be on the phone a lot this week. Game-planning for San Diego will be on the back-burner so the defense might be simple.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should speculate on Fox's timeline. I don't blame anyone for doing so, as I'm sure there is no mal intent. However tomorrow or Tuesday a man - who's also a father, a husband, a friend, a son, a mentor and many other things - is going to have his chest cut open and undergo major surgery. I'm no doctor but I don't think aortic valve replacement surgery is akin to an appendectomy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of that said, my sources at Dove Valley still do not know what's going on as far as a replacement. Many, not surprisingly, suspect JDR to be the interim HC but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone, and I mean anyone. They're being very tight-lipped about things. I'm honestly surprised that it is taking so long to make a decision and, frankly, the longer it takes for a decision to be made the more concerns I have about what's going on in the second floor at Dove Valley.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
thebestever6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my coworkers is having this done this week the way she worded it was that they don't have to rip the chest completely open. It is a very common successful procedure. I wish God the best.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

All of that said, my sources at Dove Valley still do not know what's going on as far as a replacement. Many, not surprisingly, suspect JDR to be the interim HC but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone, and I mean anyone. They're being very tight-lipped about things. I'm honestly surprised that it is taking so long to make a decision and, frankly, the longer it takes for a decision to be made the more concerns I have about what's going on in the second floor at Dove Valley.

I don't have too many concerns. They need to work out a contract first and foremost. Aside from that, there was the report that they want to make sure that if JDR is the coach, the defensive playcalling responsibilities are adequately covered.

Personally, I'd prefer to see them take their time rather than just throw someone out there for the hell of it.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Gase get the nod, or Studesville, even though I saw on Twitter someone "confirmed" it wouldn't be him.

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I don't have too many concerns. They need to work out a contract first and foremost. Aside from that, there was the report that they want to make sure that if JDR is the coach, the defensive playcalling responsibilities are adequately covered.

Personally, I'd prefer to see them take their time rather than just throw someone out there for the hell of it.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Gase get the nod, or Studesville, even though I saw on Twitter someone "confirmed" it wouldn't be him.

I don't see it being Gase. If they dont want JDR doing both jobs, they wont want Gase either.

As Klis said on twitter they need to work out a new contract, I'd like to see Eric get it since it's easier to cover his RB position. Also he's the assistant HC and this could be his audition if Fox chooses to hang up his clipboard after the season.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDR will be the interim. Hello! He was an HC in this league. And if I remember some of those Jags teams were pretty good. I think he will be just find as an interim. Plus, he is a pretty emotional guy, who can rally the troops.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good decision to have JDR as the HC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, we got ourselves a new HC for the time being.

I don't think the team will miss much of a step. This was a collaborative environment. This isn't NE where one guy runs the show. The message will stay the same, and JDR will have the guys playing hard for their coach

Thanks, Tzimisce
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how JDR coaches? Is he like Fox? Does he actually challenge calls? Does he win them? I guess these questions will be answered over the course. I hope he can still call a good game and manage our team.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24449668/jack-del-rio-appointed-broncos-coach-while-john

Good decision by Elway to choose JDR; his prior experience as a head coach makes him a better candidate than Gase, Studesville, Rogers or anyone else on the staff. Now it's time to get back to the business of getting to and winning the Super Bowl.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im hope the best for Fox.

A possible unforseen consequence of this unfortunate issue is that it will greatly increase the already high chances that JDR gets a HC gig next year.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Del Rio is the head coach in name now I think everyone has to step up 5%

Gase takes full control of the O, JDR controls the D, Rodgers controls the ST's, and then JDR's extra responsibilities simply lie with when to challenge/go for it on 4th/etc and being the motivational last voice in the locker room.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
Does anyone know how JDR coaches? Is he like Fox? Does he actually challenge calls? Does he win them? I guess these questions will be answered over the course. I hope he can still call a good game and manage our team.
I asked in the Jags forum, and here's what iPwn had to say:

iPwn wrote:
He's not a good head coach. His teams were great for late season collapses, going for it on 4th down when he shouldn't have, and he was responsible for Chris Hanson nearly having to have his foot amputated. Oh, and he quit on us his last year.

He likes to interject himself in the offensive game plan and was in love with 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Be glad you have Peyton.

He's not bad, but he's not good either.

I think this confirms the view that JDR is a much better coordinator than head coach. I feel like he has a pessimistic view on JDR, but he is one of the better posters on this forum.

Anyway, he should be able to hold down the fort, and should seek Gase's input in offensive decision-making such as challenges and going for it on 4th down and whatnot. Plus, Peyton is essentially the OC anyway, so the offense shouldn't see any major hiccups.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: