Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox to have heart surgery, JDR to be interim HC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: John Fox to have heart surgery, JDR to be interim HC Reply with quote

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/report-broncos-coach-john-fox-suffers-apparent-heart-attack/

Quote:
Broncos coach John Fox has reportedly been taken to the hospital with symptoms of a heart attack.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN report that Fox, who was golfing in Charlotte this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye week, is expected to be OK.

The 58-year-old Fox, who has been a football coach for his entire adult life and an NFL head coach for the last 12 years, does not have a history of significant health problems.

The 7-1 Broncos are off this weekend and will resume practice on Monday. They travel to San Diego to play the Chargers on November 10.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary but glad he's ok.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasnt a heart attack thankfully.

From the Denver Broncos Official Website

“Denver Broncos Head Coach John Fox was taken to a Charlotte-area hospital after feeling light-headed while playing golf on Saturday.
“He is being held at the hospital for testing and further observation. Our medical staff is currently in contact with Coach Fox, his family and the doctors who are treating him.
“Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.”

Hopefully he is ok.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like lots of over-reaction in the early reporting:

Quote:
Contrary to media reports, "He did not have a heart attack," Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth told USA TODAY Sports, adding Fox is in "good spirits" and is up walking and talking while undergoing testing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/11/02/john-fox-denver-broncos-heart-attack/3388463/
marktheshark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox out 2-6 weeks per Jay Glazer.
Quote:
Just spoke with John Fox. He's having a procedure on his aortic valve on Tuesday in North Carolina. He will remain there for 2 weeks and miss about a month to 6 weeks

http://m.tmi.me/1bCAbu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
Fox out 2-6 weeks per Jay Glazer.
Quote:
Just spoke with John Fox. He's having a procedure on his aortic valve on Tuesday in North Carolina. He will remain there for 2 weeks and miss about a month to 6 weeks

http://m.tmi.me/1bCAbu

Now that seems serious. Hope his surgery goes well!! I wonder if JDR will be the HC in the meantime.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in NFL News...

Life is more important than football. Let him get healthy and do what he needs to do. The team will go on, and Fox will be back for the playoffs.

I wouldn't want to play Denver in the meantime, though. This team is gonna play possessed (or so I hope) after losing their coach for a bit.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everything will be alright for him.

I actually think this team will be better with JDR at the head coaching position.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24441941/broncos-coach-john-fox-north-carolina-hospital-after

Mike Klis wrote:
Broncos coach John Fox will undergo aortic valve replacement surgery in his heart either Monday or Tuesday, and will take a leave of absence for several weeks, the team announced late Saturday night.

Klis speculates that JDR will be our interim Head Coach, yet it is important to note, this has not been confirmed by Elway, Ellis, Bowlen or anyone in charge at Dove Valley; it's just speculation on Kilis' part. However, I, and I think most of us, expect JDR as the logical choice given his prior HC experience and the respect he commands on all sides of the ball.

Mike Klis wrote:
As Fox deals with his medical issues, the Broncos are expected to turn to defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio as interim head coach.

This is no small matter, on or off the field. John Fox's influence often gets over-looked by Broncos fans while Peyton, Elway and others get credit for the remarkable turn around this team has made post-Mac. Yet Fox sets the tone in the lockerroom and his work creating a team-first culture cannot and should not be glossed over.

Fox's absence, which appears as if it will last several weeks and possibly as long as the rest of the regular season (according to Kilis on SportsCenter just now) is a big blow to the team. Fox isn't a micro-manager the way both Mac and Shanahan were, but as I said above, his influence, presence and leadership cannot be over-looked and will be missed. This deals a big blow to our chances.

In my estimation, JDR has to be the interim head coach. Adam Gase and Jeff Rogers do not have the experience needed to lead to a Super Bowl contender. Gase and Rogers have been nothing but outstanding in their roles as coordinators, but given JDR's experience as a NFL head coach, he has to be the one to take charge.

Lastly, and by far most importantly, I think I can speak for all of Broncos Country in saying that I wish John Fox a full and speedy recovery.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping Foxy has a speedy recovery, was the best HC we Panthers have ever had.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
In my estimation, JDR has to be the interim head coach. Adam Gase and Jeff Rogers do not have the experience needed to lead to a Super Bowl contender. Gase and Rogers have been nothing but outstanding in their roles as coordinators, but given JDR's experience as a NFL head coach, he has to be the one to take charge.

Lastly, and by far most importantly, I think I can speak for all of Broncos Country in saying that I wish John Fox a full and speedy recovery.

+1

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although some may say "I hope for a speedy recovery", I cannot. This is a mans actual heart were talking about. If it takes him a year to recover, all that matters is he is fully healthy. His health is way more important than football games.

Get well soon coach!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad had a similar procedure around the same age as Fox. Scary stuff indeed, especially seeing all of the tubes they're hooked up for heart surgery. My dad is doing great, but it did take some recovery time. All the best wishes to John and his family.

I think JDR will take the lead smoothly during this, and the Denver Broncos will rally around John when he returns to make the final push.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If JDR wants to be a HC again now is the time to show he can be. Also Eric Studesville has interim experience.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
If JDR wants to be a HC again now is the time to show he can be. Also Eric Studesville has interim experience.

I was gonna bring that up, PFT reminded everyone of that as well. I wouldnt be surprised if he is made interim coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: