Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tommy Kelly to IR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Tommy Kelly to IR Reply with quote

Quote:
New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 2m
Patriots sign OL Josh Kline to the 53-man roster; Place DL Tommy Kelly on Injured Reserve

...well, then...

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sickening.

You can delete my thread too. Didn't see this one.

Makes me want to punch everything I see.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a joke of a season. [inappropriate/removed] this.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding me? This is probably the worst season injury wise I have ever seen.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge surprise but disappointing. Hopefully Jones can continue to play well in the pass game.

Not sure this is a huge loss in the run game. Kelly was better than Vellano and Jones but probably worse than Sopoaga.

I really, really hope BB stops trying to live with no big body depth at interior DL. Time to draft a DT early.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
Are you kidding me? This is probably the worst season injury wise I have ever seen.

I would say 2005 was arguably worse. The team lost pretty much its entire starting secondary early on, with Bruschi recovering from a stroke, a revolving door at RB due to injury and Seymour, Brown, Graham and Givens all missing significant time.

But yeah, this is pretty bad.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh FFS. This is ridiculous now.

I'm wondering how much longer it will be before these injuries are going to be so debilitating that we have to call time on the season.

I've already lost hope of a SB, but now I'm just hoping we can make it to the divisional round.

If this team secures 2 PO wins with the roster as it is, I think we can be proud of the team.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
jofos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what ever happened with armstead? I thought he was going to start practicing at least.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wake up and this is the first thing I read....what a shi**tty fu**ing season.

I still have a glimmer of hope, but I know it's useless.

I'm just waiting to see who the next guy to go down is.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf ?

he looked fine at the time. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighz
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
so what ever happened with armstead? I thought he was going to start practicing at least.

He's eligible to practice, I haven't read/heard anything to suggest he's going to start practicing.

I think his problem might be that his illness sapped his strength/weight. The last (only?) report I saw on him was that he looked "noticeably slimmer" than in minicamp.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
jofos wrote:

He's eligible to practice, I haven't read/heard anything to suggest he's going to start practicing.

I think his problem might be that his illness sapped his strength/weight. The last (only?) report I saw on him was that he looked "noticeably slimmer" than in minicamp.

So best case scenario he takes 4-5 weeks to get back to being himself and then at that time the Pats will be able to just then figure out if he can make it in the NFL a solid DL?

Sweet.

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
jofos wrote:

So best case scenario he takes 4-5 weeks to get back to being himself and then at that time the Pats will be able to just then figure out if he can make it in the NFL a solid DL?

Sweet.

I don't know why anyone would expect anything from Armstead at this point. Guys who show up for camp with mysterious illnesses so severe to warrant surgery and PUP aren't good bets to contribute. Especially when the guy has never played a snap in the NFL.

I think he's headed to IR once the Pats are forced to make a decision with him, hopefully I'm wrong.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
jofos wrote:

Sweet.

I don't know why anyone would expect anything from Armstead at this point. Guys who show up for camp with mysterious illnesses so severe to warrant surgery and PUP aren't good bets to contribute. Especially when the guy has never played a snap in the NFL.

I think he's headed to IR once the Pats are forced to make a decision with him, hopefully I'm wrong.

That's my feeling too. Being out for that long, like reported, has taken away from his physical abilities/attributes. Then there is the whole case of just how strong the arm is with the infection just now being gone, and how long it would take for him to get back to normal.

We have had a major injury in every area of the field this season except for QB, and he is even banged up good. It's astonishing.

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Then there is the whole case of just how strong the arm is with the infection just now being gone, and how long it would take for him to get back to normal.

There's been no reports that it's an arm problem. Nobody knows what the illness was/is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: