Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KC @ Denver Week 11 Flexed to SNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, the same can be said of Denver. We've beaten, sometimes pounded the weak sisters of the NFL.

The only top 10 scoring defense we played embarrassed us for a 20 minute stretch and held us to 17 points until they had a 19 point lead in the 4th. We lost.

Bottom line, our "O" isn't as good as they seem, nor is KC's "D".

In the next 6 games we'll learn a great deal. Not one of those teams has a losing record. We only play 4 teams in that span, but all 4 are top 10 scoring defenses.

IMO our "D" can make the difference. I think they're just getting started. My concern is whether our "O" will adapt, or continue a losing strategy like we did against the Colts.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Basically, the same can be said of Denver. We've beaten, sometimes pounded the weak sisters of the NFL.

The only top 10 scoring defense we played embarrassed us for a 20 minute stretch and held us to 17 points until they had a 19 point lead in the 4th. We lost.

In the next 6 games we'll learn a great deal. Not one of those teams has a losing record. We only play 4 teams in that span, but all 4 are top 10 scoring defenses.

IMO our "D" can make the difference. I think they're just getting started. My concern is whether our "O" will adapt, or continue a losing strategy like we did against the Colts.

I would vehemently disagree with this. While I thought the Colts performance was poor overall, we still managed 33 points, while at one point having the ball with the chance to take the lead.

The Broncos offense is nothing to worry about. How the Broncos defense plays with JDR likely being the HC and DC, that's what I'm concerned about.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
The Broncos offense is nothing to worry about. How the Broncos defense plays with JDR likely being the HC and DC, that's what I'm concerned about.

While it's not the power structure I prefer, plenty of head coaches call plays on one side of the ball. I'm not worried about that being a problem; JDR can hold his own. The loss of Fox is substantial and should not be over-looked, but I'm not worried about JDR having to wear too many hats.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
mltsandwich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting 49ers @Saints would be the night game week 11, and then Denver @ KC would be flexed week 13. It will be the only game that Sunday with two winning-record teams (except maybe Titans @Colts).
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mltsandwich wrote:
I was expecting 49ers @Saints would be the night game week 11, and then Denver @ KC would be flexed week 13. It will be the only game that Sunday with two winning-record teams (except maybe Titans @Colts).
Here's the beef with that.

FOX protected the Niner/Saint game(CBS protected the KC/DEN game in both weeks)

CBS has the single game in week 11 and the doubleheader in week 13

Because Denver is on mountain time the week 11 game was locked in to 2:05p

This means that no other AFC markets could show the game and it would receive low distribution anyway, and have to compete against the main FOX game of the week.

So CBS agreed to give it to NBC, but will get a favour from the NFL in future.

SF/NO was never an option for NBC, neither was KC/DEN, save for CBS's goodwill. You can rest assured the return leg at Arrowhead will stay on CBS and probably move up to the 2:25p MST slot.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I would vehemently disagree with this. While I thought the Colts performance was poor overall, we still managed 33 points, while at one point having the ball with the chance to take the lead.

We did have one possession when we were within one score. Seven minutes left at that time. Started from our own 15, lasted one play that ended in a pick. Four plays later we were down by 9.

IMO that didn't really display patience.

Bottom line, we went six possessions in a row with 5 punts, a safety, five 3 and outs and when the dust cleared we'd been outscored 23-0, our QB was taking a beating yet we still continued to air it out, no two TE sets, no attempt at just moving the chains.

About half of our pass attempts in that stretch were deep incompletions. JT was targeted just once for a 7 yard gain. Our WR's were getting bumped at the LOS yet we made no adjustments.

That's when we lost that game. A 50/20 split between pass and run didn't help either.
Just my 2 cents.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC's 9 offensive points just terrifies me...

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:

Man, I really want to discuss with a Chiefs fan how they will beat Denver. Its so difficult because they cant critique their team. They think that 9-0 means they will win.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
PGeorge2 wrote:

Man, I really want to discuss with a Chiefs fan how they will beat Denver. Its so difficult because they cant critique their team. They think that 9-0 means they will win.

Chiefs fans are such idiots. It's fine they're all going to be crying into their beers this time in 2 weeks. And in 4 weeks for that matter.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the Chumps upcoming schedule: Broncos twice, Chargers twice, Oakland, Indy & Washington, is it a real possibility that they only win one of these games? Idea
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
Looking at the Chumps upcoming schedule: Broncos twice, Chargers twice, Oakland, Indy & Washington, is it a real possibility that they only win one of these games? Idea
The Broncos almost have to win both games against the Chiefs. The Broncos face a stiff test the next 4 weeks. The prospect of sandwiching a trip to Foxboro in between two important showdowns with the Chiefs is difficult at best. The next four weeks will go a long way into the finding out if the Broncos are good or really good.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
The Broncos almost have to win both games against the Chiefs. The Broncos face a stiff test the next 4 weeks. The prospect of sandwiching a trip to Foxboro in between two important showdowns with the Chiefs is difficult at best. The next four weeks will go a long way into the finding out if the Broncos are good or really good.

It will also tell us if the Chiefs are any good.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:

I think the Chiefs are good, but don't think they can be great. With Alex Smith the offense will always be limited. Good teams that can score and defend will beat the Chiefs when it matters the most.

The Broncos on the other hand, have all the pieces necessary to be a great team.
Okta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:

I think the Chiefs are good, but don't think they can be great. With Alex Smith the offense will always be limited. Good teams that can score and defend will beat the Chiefs when it matters the most.

The Broncos on the other hand, have all the pieces necessary to be a great team.

I have nothing against the Chiefs and definitely dont hate them as much as you all did (I was a fan from probably around 2004-2005 then I took a "break" when McDaniels arrived and didnt draft a DT despite it being the clear need). This is probably because I haven't been exposed to much of a rivalry.

That said I don't think they are as good as there records says they are, they seem to be running into the luck schedule (how can you face the 3rd string Bills QB....its the Bills...). That has officially ended and we will see how good the Chiefs really are. Smith is okay but he won't be able to keep up with a high powered offense, part of the reason why the Chiefs D is so good is because the offense keeps them off the field for long periods of time and they face inferior competition so they are usually on-off, on-off. That wont happen against the Broncos.

It will be certainly interesting. Our pieces are better than their pieces, but that doesnt always constitute a win.
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okta wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:

I have nothing against the Chiefs and definitely dont hate them as much as you all did (I was a fan from probably around 2004-2005 then I took a "break" when McDaniels arrived and didnt draft a DT despite it being the clear need). This is probably because I haven't been exposed to much of a rivalry.

That said I don't think they are as good as there records says they are, they seem to be running into the luck schedule (how can you face the 3rd string Bills QB....its the Bills...). That has officially ended and we will see how good the Chiefs really are. Smith is okay but he won't be able to keep up with a high powered offense, part of the reason why the Chiefs D is so good is because the offense keeps them off the field for long periods of time and they face inferior competition so they are usually on-off, on-off. That wont happen against the Broncos.

It will be certainly interesting. Our pieces are better than their pieces, but that doesnt always constitute a win.

This years Chiefs have gotten more breaks than the Broncos did in 2011. They are kind of winning the same way, so itll all catch up eventually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: