Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Dobson
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Aaron Dobson Reply with quote

I heard a few anaylst say that Aaron Dobson is on the rise, becoming a Tom Brady favorite weapon and starting to get better and better each week. Whats the opinion of everybody else
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's definitely being trusted more, but that has more to do with how bad he was at the start of the season. He's far from a "favorite weapon", that's for sure.

Deadpulse on the sig
Canton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
He's definitely being trusted more, but that has more to do with how bad he was at the start of the season. He's far from a "favorite weapon", that's for sure.

I think he has all the intangibles and skills to be not good but great but we'll see as the season progresses
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobson has provided about what I expected - not much. A few exciting flashes of high upside but no consistency and a number of flaws which he needs to fix. His hands have been the disappointment for me more than lack of production/lack of targets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly overtaken KT and Amendola as top WR though Gronk is obviously heir best weapon.

He has gotten open at a fairly elite level for a wide receiver - catching the ball has been the clear problem. Brady's deep ball struggles haven't help him, though. If Dobson had caught a few more catchable throws & Brady makes a few better throws, Dobson is among the league leaders in yardage. Expecting big things from him as the season progresses. We saw them attacking down the field with him and Gronk on the same side last week - want more of it. Dobson and Gronk on the same side will terrifying opposing defenders for years to come.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreliable and inconsistent. I have no idea how he's become such a popular target for Brady.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's getting better but he's nowhere near reaching his ceiling yet. Talent-wise, he could very well be another Vincent Jackson or Jordy Nelson type player, but realistically I see him topping out as something like Miles Austin when he was the Cowboys' #1 WR.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
patsfan25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the main X Receiver now on the outside. KT can stay on the sidelines where he belongs while we move around all the white guys in formation. That 26 yard play last week was a thing of beauty. I'm not sure if it was designed or some option route but he displayed some real chemistry with Brady there. He's going in the right direction and hopefully stays in that direction is all I can say...
Touchdowns:6
Launches:6

OFFENSIVE MVP
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Clearly overtaken KT and Amendola as top WR though Gronk is obviously heir best weapon.

He has gotten open at a fairly elite level for a wide receiver - catching the ball has been the clear problem. Brady's deep ball struggles haven't help him, though. If Dobson had caught a few more catchable throws & Brady makes a few better throws, Dobson is among the league leaders in yardage. Expecting big things from him as the season progresses. We saw them attacking down the field with him and Gronk on the same side last week - want more of it. Dobson and Gronk on the same side will terrifying opposing defenders for years to come.

He hasn't 'clearly' overtaken Amendola. Stop presenting your desires as fact.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll do better now there isn't the pressure for him to produce. He's getting a chance because he offers a physical package the other options don't have, it's not indicative of his play so far - which has been patchy at best.
RMolloy24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good do yall think he'll be?
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMolloy24 wrote:
How good do yall think he'll be?

Very difficult to determine what a player turns out to be, especially halfway through his rookie season. Like Murts said he has shown flashes but hasn't nearly done the small things on a consistent enough basis to be considered anything special yet. That first jets game was enough to know that there are some serious things he needs to improve. Again, he has shown some great ability in small samples from his short time here to his days in Marshall. He has a great frame and a great QB so he just needs to be a better route runner and pass catcher. Never stop working at those things and he could have a great impact long term. I love the Vjax comp but didn't think Dobs was nearly his height.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's second on the team in targets four weeks in a row despite Gronk and Amendola coming back, so obviously there is some level of trust there. That trio has taken targets away from KT and Edelman the last couple of weeks.

Honest opinion... Pats fans here are very cynical when it comes to Dobson because of NBT. He looks awesome. He keeps getting open and he's making fewer and fewer mistakes. Close to becoming the clear cut second best weapon on the roster in my opinion. His numbers will look a lot better when Brady breaks out of this funk.

#JDI
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Dobson wrote:
"I just feel like overall, Iím more comfortable in the system," Dobson said. "Me and Tom are getting on the same page, and I feel like all of that is helping to transition to the field on Sunday."

He's also played 75% of snaps over the last three weeks.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random question? What rookie WR is having a better year? Here are my opinions.

Hunter-No, he is seeing more touches with Britt written off but Locker is spreading it around to everyone, including opposing teams.

Patterson-close w/ST but that one electric return and awful QB triangle there takes him out IMO.

Austin has been a big disappointment so far this season and Sammy B going down does not help...no.

Anyone else come to mind fellas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: