Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schottenheimer will feature Tavon more starting this week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47578
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Does anybody else find that actually encouraging?

People were laughing when Fisher said we need to run the ball more, and look how that turned out.


Encouraging? Yea. Because Schotty is actually accepting that he hasn't used him like he should have. Laughing
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3187
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's usually always open at some point in the routes he runs, they just never seem to look his way.
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9780
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Schotty stays true to his word on this and we see Tavon being used in a more dynamic way...

Although, I also hope Tavon himself has learned how to secure the ball and not drop the balls that come away. he's not totally the victim here...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BamaRam


Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 454
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
I hope Schotty stays true to his word on this and we see Tavon being used in a more dynamic way...

Although, I also hope Tavon himself has learned how to secure the ball and not drop the balls that come away. he's not totally the victim here...


Bingo. I feel bad for him because of how his talents are being wasted. However, he really needs to quit looking to turn upfield before he has looked the ball in.

The key thing to me is to make sure we hit him in stride. Short routes aren't necessarily the problem, but hitting him on screens and hitches isn't really working. I liked the drag route he ran against Seattle. Run a few quick slants from the outside and I think he can make some noise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramsfan22


Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 328
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to get him more involved Scotty!! 2 targets an 1 run way to go
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
catcheryea


Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Posts: 2637
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys want the winning lottery numbers just let me know
_________________
WDE

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1467
Location: I post for Bitcoins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to fire this POS coordinator. I don't care how many different O coordinators Bradford will have during his career. But we will never win when our OC doesn't take advantage of the talent we have. 2, possibly 3 receivers that can get vertical and not a single deep pass was seen today.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4539
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2842
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.


That right there is the problem everybody has with him. At least that's my problem with him.
_________________
http://s2.postimg.org/cawzxigmh/tremason2sig.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4539
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.


That right there is the problem everybody has with him. At least that's my problem with him.


I dont disagree one bit.
_________________
2015 QB Rankings:

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.


That right there is the problem everybody has with him. At least that's my problem with him.


I dont disagree one bit.


He needs to take a few notes from Sean Payton. He'd be so perfect for us IMO
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
catcheryea


Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Posts: 2637
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.


That right there is the problem everybody has with him. At least that's my problem with him.


I dont disagree one bit.


He needs to take a few notes from Sean Payton. He'd be so perfect for us IMO


lol I'm sure he'd love to come be our OC
_________________
WDE

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3950
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're never going to have an explosive offense with Fisher as your HC.

He's a ball control, ToP-oriented coach. Even when we had an MVP QB, he didn't like throwing the ball around a ton. He just wants his passing game to take what is given to them, limit the mistakes, and destroy the opposing team with the ground game. That's why he's going to stick with Bradford. Bradford doesn't make the mistakes and is extremely accurate with his short to intermediate passing. He's also reliable as it gets in the redzone.

If Stacy continues to develop, Fisher will have his "perfect" offense next year.
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catcheryea wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Hes not a bad OC for the system he runs. You guys just have to understand (dont have to like it) that his system is a ball control style and isnt going to be tremendously entertaining or imaginitive.

Im not exactly supporting him or his system because we have playmakers that arent being used to their full potential, but Schotty actually makes some nice calls.


That right there is the problem everybody has with him. At least that's my problem with him.


I dont disagree one bit.


He needs to take a few notes from Sean Payton. He'd be so perfect for us IMO


lol I'm sure he'd love to come be our OC


Uhhhh who wouldn't? Lol

I wish that wasn't a joke Crying or Very sad
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2842
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
You're never going to have an explosive offense with Fisher as your HC.

He's a ball control, ToP-oriented coach. Even when we had an MVP QB, he didn't like throwing the ball around a ton. He just wants his passing game to take what is given to them, limit the mistakes, and destroy the opposing team with the ground game. That's why he's going to stick with Bradford. Bradford doesn't make the mistakes and is extremely accurate with his short to intermediate passing. He's also reliable as it gets in the redzone.

If Stacy continues to develop, Fisher will have his "perfect" offense next year.


I agree and see that from him past and present. The maddening thing is they don't draft that way. If you're going to do that why trade up and spend a pick on Austin at all? Awfully expensive decoy when you could have drafted Warmack and helped the ground game more than Austin ever will? Or stayed put and Taken Long or one of the players there that could have helped the D so much.
_________________
http://s2.postimg.org/cawzxigmh/tremason2sig.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group