Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need a Sammy Watkins thread (Includes Mock)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you consider taking Sammy Watkins with our FIRST first-round pick?
Chyeah boi
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Nahh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dat Jury still be out there!!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: We need a Sammy Watkins thread (Includes Mock) Reply with quote

I haven't seen this guy being talked about at all. But how can you not love his skillset? He's Boyd's #1 go-to guy, and personally, I think he is the main reason that Tajh receives all the hype that he gets. He seems to be predicted to go in like the top 12. I'm not sure where OUR 1st rounder is going to end up, but as of now there are numerous teams playing at a worse level than us (Believe it or not!). If we end up with, hypothetically, around pick #10, how would you feel about taking Watkins?

I think the Browns need more offensive playmakers. Right now, Gordon is the only top-tier playmaker on this team (Though Cameron is knocking). Whoever the QB is, unless there is a good supporting cast, they aren't going to flourish. Having a duo of Gordon and Watkins just sounds plain nasty.

The QB class is so much deeper than the WR class this year, and yet you would think that fewer teams need to take a QB in the 1st round (by the Colt's 1st round pick). I think that in the late first or second round, we could make our move on a QB and come away with someone very solid...at least way better than Weeden...like a Mettenberger or Hundly.

For me, ideally, I would target line and secondary in Free Agency since both spots are already young, and then draft

1. Watkins
2. Seastrunk (Love his talent as well. Going in the mid-20's seems like very fair value and he fills a GAPING need)
3. QB (I would love to see Hundly slip here, I think it's possible, too. One of the top-ranked QB's WILL slip. It's a given.

I feel bad not addressing line or defense, but I would like to reiterate that we NEED playmakers. With all the cap room we have, we can afford a lineman and a couple secondary guys...but it's THESE kind of playmakers that the great organizations build their teams around through the draft (which is our philosophy).

Thoughts?

-Jimi Hendrix
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still catching up on QBs so I have not watched too many WRs, but Sammy Watkins is so far the best. I think he is far superior than Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Tavon Austin or any other receiver since Green and Jones.

I always just thought he was a speedster until I actually took time to watch him.

If we drafted him who would defenses shade a safety toward over the top? Go ahead bracket both guys then Cameron can toast you linebacker down the seem.

He has emerged as my favorite for our first pick. It is still early though.

Jamison on the sig
ACDC_Rocks024

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

I always just thought he was a speedster until I actually took time to watch him.

EXACTLY. He's known for the BIG plays where he burns everyone, but Sammy is one BIG dude. He's the kinda guy who isn't afraid to go over the middle and get dirty. He's a beast

-Jimi Hendrix
directordawg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd consider it, in fact I do hope we go WR with our first pick at this point. However, I think the guy I want more is Mike Evans, he's just such a nasty beast.

Ofcourse that's all if Bridgewater and Mariota are unavailable.

Season Ticket holder section 315 since 06
See you in the Muni with The Tailgate DJs!
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy White Jr.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage I'd be happy with Watkins or Evans. Both have fantastic talent, though very different.

Starting to beat the same drum over and over but if Melvin Gordon comes out, we HAVE to do our best to take him. Simply awesome running back.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down. If this means we grab McCarron at the top of round two, I'd be alright with that. Seastrunk in round one is still a tad unsettling, but I wouldn't be too upset.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel relatively confidence that Lombardi and Banner will not draft a RB with Indy's pick.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Watkins, but I love Evans...

Either way I like them both better then the "top" QBs out this year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
I feel relatively confidence that Lombardi and Banner will not draft a RB with Indy's pick.

Me too.

My guess is one of the 3rd rounders.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Watkins is a playmaker, where Evans will be more a possession guy in the NFL due to seperation problems.

I'd love to take Watkins, but at this point I'm still assuming it will be a qb.

No way we take a Rb in the first.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Watkins but I dont like Seas with the other 1st rd pick. I dont like the idea of taking a RB in the 1st

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I think Watkins is a playmaker, where Evans will be more a possession guy in the NFL due to seperation problems.

I've not seen separation problems from Evans. Both are playmakers, but they we different WRs with different strengths and weaknesses.

Good recent write up on Evans below, and talks a little about how Evans and Watkins are different too.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247405/article/film-room-breaking-down-texas-am-wr-mike-evans

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Roddy White Jr.

Absolutely agree with this. He's the total package, great speed and deep skills with good possession abilities and route running. Probably will never be a top 5 receiver but should be perennially in the 10-20 range if he develops to where you can project looking at him now.

Estonianzulu wrote:

Also completely agree with this. RB just isn't a huge deal in the NFL these days unless you have AP. I can't see them grabbing one before the 3rd.

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the "good" RBs in the NFL now were 2-4th round draft picks it seems like

And that's why i can't see us taking one until the 2nd-4th range anyways

Rammy on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: