Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Bengals went the route I figured they'd go, signing a guy I've never heard of......

Yup, it was what I was expecting too.

This Christo kid is huge; at 6-5, 320 he's bigger than Peko !

If he's playing UT, if he can get all that stuff going at the right direction at the right time.......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Bengals went the route I figured they'd go, signing a guy I've never heard of. I won't bash the move too much; I just would have greatly preferred Seymour and we have plenty of cap space. Seemed like a no-brainer. Oh well... hopefully Zimmer can make some magic with this guy as he has countless others.

I'm not against it, since they can dump the extra cap room into next year and sign AJ, Dalton and MJohnson
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the Bilukidi contract has been voided due to some sort of paperwork issue. He'll be eligible to sign in a week or two, but since we need a healthy body for this week, it appears as if we're going to sign someone else.

So much for that... tough break for that kid.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
So, the Bilukidi contract has been voided due to some sort of paperwork issue. He'll be eligible to sign in a week or two, but since we need a healthy body for this week, it appears as if we're going to sign someone else.

Odd. Next random guy from the street up?

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:

Strange; he doesn't have the correct paperwork to work in the USA.

Obviously, Oakland CA is not part of the USA as we know it.........
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, losing Geno was bad. But at least we're not packers fans today.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals signed DT Kheeston Randall. Seventh-round pick of Miami in 2012...

futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With what has been thrown around about incognito lately, has anyone looked at the all 32 tape on the play geno was rolled up on? I'm still waiting to hear both players make their statements before judging the bully issue but does it deserve anotherlook? I didn't catch the game till the fourth quarter and can't afford the all 32 film right now.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

.....and that's why I love this league, you never know whats going to happen next; all the teams are one snap away from being ordinary. It sucks when its one of your guys, but there it is.

In European football, the owner just goes out and spends 20M on a replacement, and you end up with a league where the wealthiest clubs win it all each year.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:

.....and that's why I love this league, you never know whats going to happen next; all the teams are one snap away from being ordinary. It sucks when its one of your guys, but there it is.

In European football, the owner just goes out and spends 20M on a replacement, and you end up with a league where the wealthiest clubs win it all each year.

That's pretty much the NFL when you look at big vs. small market
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
With what has been thrown around about incognito lately, has anyone looked at the all 32 tape on the play geno was rolled up on? I'm still waiting to hear both players make their statements before judging the bully issue but does it deserve anotherlook? I didn't catch the game till the fourth quarter and can't afford the all 32 film right now.

Only game so far, that I haven't re-watched on NFL Game Rewind, don't think I'm going to either unless I get bored/free time.

That being said, IIRC Incognito was already hurt and on the sidelines when Geno tore his ACL. So this isn't on Incognito at all...

futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
futbudds wrote:

Only game so far, that I haven't re-watched on NFL Game Rewind, don't think I'm going to either unless I get bored/free time.

That being said, IIRC Incognito was already hurt and on the sidelines when Geno tore his ACL. So this isn't on Incognito at all...

Just watched a couple of the vids where he is deliberately trying to hurt guys on the field and wasn't sure.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing about this Kheeston Randall guy before the NFL Draft. Could of very well been a 1st round pick at one point.

This is all I could get on the guy

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/kheeston-randall?id=2532935

Could be helpful against the run but thats about it. Pretty much useless in passing situations.
Hokie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I remember hearing about this Kheeston Randall guy before the NFL Draft. Could of very well been a 1st round pick at one point.

This is all I could get on the guy

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/kheeston-randall?id=2532935

Could be helpful against the run but thats about it. Pretty much useless in passing situations.

Assuming Still is out, I assume Randle will get a handful of snaps on 1st/2nd down and obvious run situations. For passing situations, we'll likely shift Gilberry, Hunt, and possibly even Dunlap inside. Could even see Harrison line up at DE in some obvious passing situations, as he did in garbage time vs the Jets. It's not ideal, but I don't think we have much of a choice at this point.

I don't think our run defense is going to lose much without Atkins, to be honest. Thompson is stellar against the run, so we shouldn't have too much of a dropoff there. Passing situations is where it's really going to hurt, as Geno is the most consistently disruptive interior lineman (in passing situations) in the NFL. He requires excess attention, so I don't think we're going to see Dunlap and Johnson get as many 1 on 1 situations.

Guys will have to step up. I'm sure they'll fill in admirably, but there's no replacing Geno. I'm curious to see how we fare without him this weekend. Does Zimmer dial up more blitzes? Or does he just rush four as usual? I'm guessing he'll blitz more, because if you give Flacco all day he'll kill you. We're going to have to get pressure, one way or another.
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being late on the news. Busy schedule but seriously this is a bummer. I may not be a Cincy fan but I am a huge Geno fan. Love watching him go against us and get 2 sacks a game. Huge loss for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: