Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Ratliff just signed wit da' Bears........
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Yams has played really well this year and I still have hope that Still will step up when he returns. This team really needs rest though...

I wonder if they might give Margus Hunt some snaps at UT ?

He isn't the greatest technician yet, but he has great strength, and his one strong move is his bull-rush. Next to Thompson, he might be the best option we have to step into Geno's huge boots and give us some interior push on 3rd down maybe.

Thoughts ?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Yams has played really well this year and I still have hope that Still will step up when he returns. This team really needs rest though...

He isn't the greatest technician yet, but he has great strength, and his one strong move is his bull-rush. Next to Thompson, he might be the best option we have to step into Geno's huge boots and give us some interior push on 3rd down maybe.

Thoughts ?

They did that last game some. I didn't see anything good coming from it. If he added some weight maybe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Thoughts ?

They did that last game some. I didn't see anything good coming from it. If he added some weight maybe

Didn't notice him in the game 'JD', will have to go look at the tape again.......
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see the Bengals sign Richard Seymour. He's easily the best available free agent defensive tackle and plays with a mean streak. He wants to play for a contender but also wants a decent amount of cash. Money shouldn't be an issue, considering we have something like $8 million in cap space.

I suspect we'll sign someone relatively unknown just for depth however, which would be disappointing. There's no replacing Geno, and I understand it's time for the young guys like Thompson and Still to show up, but I'd sign the best available man for the job as long as I had the cash to do so... which we do.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I would really like to see the Bengals sign Richard Seymour. He's easily the best available free agent defensive tackle and plays with a mean streak. He wants to play for a contender but also wants a decent amount of cash. Money shouldn't be an issue, considering we have something like $8 million in cap space.

I suspect we'll sign someone relatively unknown just for depth however, which would be disappointing. There's no replacing Geno, and I understand it's time for the young guys like Thompson and Still to show up, but I'd sign the best available man for the job as long as I had the cash to do so... which we do.

I would be down for that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Hokie wrote:

I would be down for that

I would be too. I'm not disappointed in missing out on Ratliff either. Too mnay off the field issues to bring in.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Obviously, some of you guys weren't around from 1992-2003 when we went twelve years without a winning season.

I'm 43, have had season tickets off and on since 1989. I've seen it all and felt it all.

So after sticking with this team through all of that, get to this point in the season with the best chance at making a deep playoff run, why am i not allowed to be extremely disappointed with all the key players going down, greatly diminishing those odds?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I'm not disappointed in missing out on Ratliff either. Too mnay off the field issues to bring in.

Yeah, I thought they'd at least kick the tyres on Ratliff, but I've just read he's dinged up and is unlikely to play this season.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Obviously, some of you guys weren't around from 1992-2003 when we went twelve years without a winning season.

I'm 43, have had season tickets off and on since 1989. I've seen it all and felt it all.

So after sticking with this team through all of that, get to this point in the season with the best chance at making a deep playoff run, why am i not allowed to be extremely disappointed with all the key players going down, greatly diminishing those odds?

We're all disappointed with losing Geno, Leon n' all, and we're all reacting differently to it.

As you know, being a lifelong Bengal fan is sometimes a heavy cross to bear.......

FWIW, were used to adversity, and I think we still have a decent shot at making the play-offs and beyond if we can somehow win the next two games. Is it going to be more difficult now, sure, but it's going to be fun watching.......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

We're all disappointed with losing Geno, Leon n' all, and we're all reacting differently to it.

As you know, being a lifelong Bengal fan is sometimes a heavy cross to bear.......

FWIW, were used to adversity, and I think we still have a decent shot at making the play-offs and beyond if we can somehow win the next two games. Is it going to be more difficult now, sure, but it's going to be fun watching.......

We HAVE to beat the Browns in two weeks. Beating the Ravens on the road would be great, but a loss isn't devastating. I think we only have 2 road games after this one, right? San Diego and Pitt, off the top of my head
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
We HAVE to beat the Browns in two weeks.

We do indeed.

Just watched The Browns pretty convincingly beat the Ravens despite the close score. I think the Browns are on a bye, so they will come into PBS Sunday week fresh, coached up, dangerous and desperate to get to 500.

The Browns might just have the best most balanced team since they came back into the league, and they will know were banged up, and will have just come off another bruiser against the Ravens.

This might be the most important and significant Ohio derby game since Kosar v Esiason.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed today, Geno to iR, Bengals sign ex-Raider 6th round 2012 pick Christo Bilukidi.

LB Bruce Taylor signed to psq......
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals went the route I figured they'd go, signing a guy I've never heard of. I won't bash the move too much; I just would have greatly preferred Seymour and we have plenty of cap space. Seemed like a no-brainer. Oh well... hopefully Zimmer can make some magic with this guy as he has countless others.

Taylor was shaping up to be a potentially good NFL SLB before a foot injury sort of derailed his career. He suffered the injury during his junior year at Virginia Tech; he came back for his senior season but was never the same. I don't think we'll catch lightning in a bottle with him.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Bengals went the route I figured they'd go, signing a guy I've never heard of. I won't bash the move too much; I just would have greatly preferred Seymour and we have plenty of cap space. Seemed like a no-brainer. Oh well... hopefully Zimmer can make some magic with this guy as he has countless others.

Worked pretty well with Wallace Gilberry. *Shrugs*

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: