Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Geno..... Reply with quote

early indication is torn ACL. This is devastating

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Geno..... Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

Seriously?

I hate this season. So full of hope, then Leon then Geno.

I'm out. I'm full in on my fantasy teams. This team will still make the playoffs, but Andy needs to turn into Drew Brees for a postseason run to be possible. And that ain't happening.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Hokie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's indeed a torn ACL then my interest in this team will plummet.

I'll still watch every play, because I can't help it, but I'll know any hope we had at making a run is out the window. Would be an absolutely devastating injury.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Geno..... Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Seriously?

I'm out. I'm full in on my fantasy teams. This team will still make the playoffs, but Andy needs to turn into Drew Brees for a postseason run to be possible. And that ain't happening.

Lewis says ACL injury. Not good

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you guys at the draft...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

calling it a year?

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

calling it a year?

Nah, just joking. Yams has played really well this year and I still have hope that Still will step up when he returns. This team really needs rest though...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
BigSnack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that didnt look good and this is horrible news. even for a division rival i hate to see a stud like that have his season already over.

Yeast infection.
Hokie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Geno..... Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Seriously?

This. X1000.

Over the last two weeks, our defense has went from easily one of the league's five best to probably a top 15ish (slightly above average) defense. As you said, unless Dalton and the offense magically transforms into Drew Brees and the Saints (not bloody likely), we have all the looks of a one-and-done playoff team.

While the offense has flashed potential, we were a team built to win with defense. We've just lost two of our most important defensive players for the season. It's debatable whether or not Hall was replaceable, but Geno definitely isn't. This doesn't even take into consideration the losses of valuable role players like Lamur and Mays. I have no doubt that Thompson and Still will fill in admirably, but they won't be able to impact the game like Geno can. There's very, very few players in the league who can...

The guys I think we couldn't afford to lose are 1) Dalton 2) Green 3) Geno 4) Burifict. I don't think any of them could be replaced... Leon was probably next in line, along with Dunlap.

Life will go on but damn... this sucks.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost seems like every injury this year has been season ending. All or nothing. Because they've been relatively healthy, yet done for the year is Geno, Leon, Geathers, Mays, and Lamur. Ridiculous. And all on defense.

Next week AJ will tear his ACL and the week after Dalton will shred his rotator cuff. Then at least i know i can watch other games.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
futbudds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
It almost seems like every injury this year has been season ending. All or nothing. Because they've been relatively healthy, yet done for the year is Geno, Leon, Geathers, Mays, and Lamur. Ridiculous. And all on defense.

Next week AJ will tear his ACL and the week after Dalton will shred his rotator cuff. Then at least i know i can watch other games.

Yikes

I could've happened any game but I hate thursdaynight games.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo guys I can't tell you how bummed I was when I heard them say it was an ACL on Geno. The Bengals aren't really my second favorite team, but I like a lot of your players like Geno, AJ, and Vontaze(ASU) so I root for you guys a lot. Losing Atkins for the year is a bomb, but here is to hoping he comes back and looks like Warren Sapp next year.

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
If it's indeed a torn ACL then my interest in this team will plummet.

You what ?????

Some kind of fan you are.......
futbudds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for Dalton to take a huge step forward, don't know how I feel about that
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is horrible horrible news and it will affect the team and pretty much cost this team any chance of a superbowl this year now.

But its not time to throw in the towel yet. The Bengals are still atop the division 6-3. They have played like an elite team all year at home, and iffy on the road. This team can still win a playoff game this year, as long as they play at home and avoid being on the road at all costs.

I'm not saying they will win the superbowl now, because they probably wont. But that doesn't mean they can't make a run. If they can do that, this season is still a success.

This injury hurts, but all teams lose big key players. People always say don't read the stats, but from the way I saw it this year, Geno Atkins hasn't lived up to expectations this year IMO. Dunlap has been a gamechanger on the DL and Johnson hasn't slumped either.

Atkins is gone, but everyone boasted about how DL Depth could very well be the best in the NFL. You lose some guys, but the depth in this area is suppose to be great isnt it? If its as good as people say, well then here's there chance to prove it now. Show us how good this depth is now or don't show it at all.

I always want to jump ship after one loss, but I always wait a while till my head gets clear and be realistic. This team is still dangerous and won't go anywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: