Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfceast&id=58204&src=desktop

Kyle Shanahan says late play-calling in Denver wasn’t good enough

He said that they didn't have run plays called in the fourth quarter and he's not happy about it either, they want balance and they didn't have it in the fourth quarter.

He said if they had gotten first downs, he promised it would have been different and they would have run more.

Which, I come back with... We were running the ball well, that would have gotten you first downs Kyle!

Quote:
"That third series in particular started out with a play-pass I wanted versus a certain coverage," Shanahan said. "And I didn't get that. That's one play in particular I wish I ran."

Shanahan said he did not realize until after the game the run-pass disparity in the fourth quarter. They had run the ball on six of their eight plays in the third quarter.

"I don't like it either," Shanahan said. "I know we'll do better. I know what we want as a philosophy. We want to be balanced. We weren't balanced there in the fourth quarter. I can attribute it to a bunch of things. It's not something you want to do as a playcaller."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about none of the play calling Kyle?

Seriously, time for him to leave. He isn't the right OC for RGIII
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:

Yeah and unfortunately the only way to get rid of Kyle is to fire daddy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

I'm down.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike's post Applause

good laugh!

- mike23md on the sig!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nfceast&id=58204&src=desktop

He said that they didn't have run plays called in the fourth quarter and he's not happy about it either, they want balance and they didn't have it in the fourth quarter.

He said if they had gotten first downs, he promised it would have been different and they would have run more.

Which, I come back with... We were running the ball well, that would have gotten you first downs Kyle!

Quote:
"That third series in particular started out with a play-pass I wanted versus a certain coverage," Shanahan said. "And I didn't get that. That's one play in particular I wish I ran."

Shanahan said he did not realize until after the game the run-pass disparity in the fourth quarter. They had run the ball on six of their eight plays in the third quarter.

"I don't like it either," Shanahan said. "I know we'll do better. I know what we want as a philosophy. We want to be balanced. We weren't balanced there in the fourth quarter. I can attribute it to a bunch of things. It's not something you want to do as a playcaller."

Let's see-Kyle wanted a particular pass against a certain coverage. He called the pass but didn't get the coverage.. Well Gee-Isn't it BoyWonders' job to recognize that and change the play .. He should ask himself .. What would Peyton do, Or Brees, or Romo ..
Kyle's just being P C and taking the heat ..
rizzy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I agree with everyone that we should have just run it, it isn't as if the play calls were bad Morgan was open and Griffin missed him and one of the other 2 Griffin had a chance to have a completion.
NHL-Capitals
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Let's see-Kyle wanted a particular pass against a certain coverage. He called the pass but didn't get the coverage.. Well Gee-Isn't it BoyWonders' job to recognize that and change the play .. He should ask himself .. What would Peyton do, Or Brees, or Romo ..
they don't let him audible. I don't even see rg3 call out blocking schemes or blitzes.

See, the Shanahan's have RG3 in a box, and won't let him out. Similar to how they treated qbs in the past over the past decade.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Russell reported on ESPN 980 that's there is wrestling match going on in Ashburn and it's 3 on 2.

He didn't really say, but he eluded to the fact that RG3, Snyder and Bruce Allen are on one side and on the other side there is Mike and Kyle Shanahan.

If it keeps going bad, it's obvious who wins this.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Chris Russell reported on ESPN 980 that's there is wrestling match going on in Ashburn and it's 3 on 2.

He didn't really say, but he eluded to the fact that RG3, Snyder and Bruce Allen are on one side and on the other side there is Mike and Kyle Shanahan.

If it keeps going bad, it's obvious who wins this.

Man, another coaching regime'. Here we go again.. Crying or Very sad
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

they don't let him audible. I don't even see rg3 call out blocking schemes or blitzes.

See, the Shanahan's have RG3 in a box, and won't let him out. Similar to how they treated qbs in the past over the past decade.

They won't let him audible .. ? Really? If he just does it -- what are they going to do ,,bench him !?
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

I'm down.

So much win in one post

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

They won't let him audible .. ? Really? If he just does it -- what are they going to do ,,bench him !?

My thoughts exactly. I think part of it is them not wanting him to. And part of it is him just not doing it. Chris Cooley raves about how smart RG3 is. Well, he needs to show it.

Right now, I'd rather us have signed Peyton Manning to be our QB.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I've never seen RG3 audible. I think even when they're in hurry up - Kyle is calling into his ear on which play to run.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyle Finally admits a mistake - 1st time in 4 years Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. I think part of it is them not wanting him to. And part of it is him just not doing it. Chris Cooley raves about how smart RG3 is. Well, he needs to show it.

Right now, I'd rather us have signed Peyton Manning to be our QB.
We couldn't have afforded Manning because of the cap penalty. despite that fact, he never really wanted to come here. There were feelers put out, but it was clear we were in a rebuild and Manning was a vet who wanted to win a Super Bowl.

Plus, while he's come back and played well - there was no guarantee of that in March of 2012.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: