Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post-Bills Saints mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Post-Bills Saints mock Reply with quote

Alright guys, it's that time again.

Round 1: TRADE. We trade our 1st rounder for a 2nd and a 4th.

Round 2a.: OLB Kyle Van Noy: I like him. Really good against the run, can drop into coverage and also pass the rusher. Non-stop motor. Should give us a really nice pair of OLB's when combined with Junior. Add in Butler and Parys as back-ups, and we have a nice rotation going in the front seven.

Round 2b.: WR Jordan Matthews: Colston is slowing down. I think we can see that. Moore is good. Toon has been underwhelming. And Stills has been immense. Giving Brees enough weapons is key. With Graham going to be locked up. Hill being eased in. We could use one more weapon. Matthews is a better WR than athlete. Good hands, good route runner and decent speed. Not to mention favorable height.

Round 3: OT Cornelius Lucas: I know NSF is probably ripping his hair out by now, but I don't think we'll be taking an OT in the 1st. Reason one because we rarely do. Reason 2 is because there will probably be a big run on OTs. Look at the mocks, many a team need OTs and the last thing we want to do is reach for a RT with our 1st. Lucas is an impressive athlete for his monstrous size, but he needs some polishing. He's also mean. He has LT potential.

Round 4a: CB Ricardo Allen: He's small at 5-9, but he's feisty. Has a lot of swagger and good ball skills. Very physical and would do well in a certain niche. Relegated to slot CB though.

Round 4b: S Tre Boston: Yeah we're covering the DB's in the 4th. Not a perfect prospect, but a physical S who is pretty good in coverage. I believe Jenkins will leave, so it's important for us to have depth. Decent ball skills too.

Round 5: TE Arthur Lynch: Big bodied TE who is known as a blocker but also has good reception abilities. Should round out our TE group with Graham and Hill. Give us a nice combo of skills at the TE position.

Round 6: C Andrew Miller: Played well this season with both smarts and aggressiveness. Needs more upper body strength but he's done quite well.

Round 7: Whoever you want.

Alright, flame away. Wink

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Post-Bills Saints mock Reply with quote

Love me some draft talk...

We currently don't have a 7th rounder (traded it to SF for Haralson).

Jordan Matthews to me is a 1st round lock so if the Saints were to land him on the back end of the 2nd round that would scream steal.

I love Van Noy and I believe he'd be a really good fit in Ryan's scheme. Victor Butler will likely be the starter next season and Van Noy is similar in a lot of ways to him but is far superior athletically. Van Noy is also very versatile to where he can also kick inside in certain packages in order to get Galette, Butler & Van Noy on the field in passing situations. What I love about Van Noy the most is his instincts and ability to make plays.

I'm not really a fan of Lucas nor short corners in Ryan's scheme, however that does not mean they can't succeed in it.

I havn't yet had the ability to see much of Lynch and Miller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it the more I'm okay with taking a WR early. Colston has clearly lost a step and Moore isn't getting any younger. Toon looked great in the preseason, but he hasn't done a thing so far this regular season. With Stills, and Morgan coming back we have guys that can stretch the field, so a possession guy with some size that can work between the hashes would be ideal. Honestly I feel like someone like that can be found in the 3rda4th round range and our first two picks should be used on defense and OL.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My draft mancrush this year Van Noy (last year was Dion Jordan), so I'd LOVE this mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: