Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft question for Tampa fans:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if Mariotta does not declare and we have the 2nd pick, I would rather take Jake Matthews and then a guy like McArron in round 2 or ride Glennon for another year.

Clowney's work ethic just irks me and I think we see more hype than good on the field. He seems gassed at times early in games I've watched. Can he be the next Peppers or Williams? Yes. But will he? Too many ?s surrounding him.

I would love Trent Murphy in a trade back if we miss on a QB. Guy is relentless and non stop. Blend of size, power, and speed.
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trade. If we have the #1 overall it needs to be Bridgewater. If we have #2 and assuming Bridgewater is gone it needs to be Clowney IMO. If #3 Mariota. We will prob have a top 3 pick so those 3 guys need to be one of the picks. Im happy with any of them.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
No trade. If we have the #1 overall it needs to be Bridgewater. If we have #2 and assuming Bridgewater is gone it needs to be Clowney IMO. If #3 Mariota. We will prob have a top 3 pick so those 3 guys need to be one of the picks. Im happy with any of them.

No it doesn't need to be Clowny. He is the most overhyped prospect in college football right now. I watch Trent Murphy and I don't see him being gassed mid way throught hte 2nd/3rd quarter. I'd take him over Clowney meaning we can trade down pick up some 2nd or 3rd round picks and still tkae him.

If we pick first, Bridgewater is EASILY the pick. Mariotta is a RS Soph. coming from a read/spread option system. I like him as a prospect and think if we pick 2nd, we take him, depending on the head coach. But there is a strong chance he doesn't declare and comes back for a 3rd season to mature and develop.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Honestly, if Mariotta does not declare and we have the 2nd pick, I would rather take Jake Matthews and then a guy like McArron in round 2 or ride Glennon for another year.

Clowney's work ethic just irks me and I think we see more hype than good on the field. He seems gassed at times early in games I've watched. Can he be the next Peppers or Williams? Yes. But will he? Too many ?s surrounding him.

I would love Trent Murphy in a trade back if we miss on a QB. Guy is relentless and non stop. Blend of size, power, and speed.

Man I love me some Trent Murphy.
wiseman101

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Marcus Mariota if he is an option. Didnt know if you thought there was no way we would pick him or not but I list the QBs like this..

1a. Marcus Mariota
1b. Teddy Bridgewater

You must not be familiar with the qb position.

1. Bridgewater
2. Everyone else

He is the only pro ready qb on the board
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiseman101 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
Marcus Mariota if he is an option. Didnt know if you thought there was no way we would pick him or not but I list the QBs like this..

1a. Marcus Mariota
1b. Teddy Bridgewater

1. Bridgewater
2. Everyone else

Yeah you're right. I've never watched any of the top QB's play and I just pull names out my butt. Rolling Eyes Like bucstopshere said, lets not just assume Bridgewater is the best QB in the country and give him that title without doing our due diligence first. Just like with Clowney, people were guaranteeing he is a top 2 pick last season and now there are a fair amount of questions about him and on this board. Im not saying Bridgewater is bad, because if you read I listed them 1a and 1b, but Mariota has looked VERY GOOD against top competition, and Im talking about his throws and decision making, not the plays his OC calls that would make you think he is a product of the system. Though Bridgewater plays in a pro system, the fact that he has only played 1 top school in the past 2 years makes me wonder if he would keep showing out if he played Alabama, Stanford, A&M, UCLA, etc each year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
wiseman101 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

1a. Marcus Mariota
1b. Teddy Bridgewater

1. Bridgewater
2. Everyone else

Yeah you're right. I've never watched any of the top QB's play and I just pull names out my butt. Rolling Eyes Like bucstopshere said, lets not just assume Bridgewater is the best QB in the country and give him that title without doing our due diligence first. Just like with Clowney, people were guaranteeing he is a top 2 pick last season and now there are a fair amount of questions about him and on this board. Im not saying Bridgewater is bad, because if you read I listed them 1a and 1b, but Mariota has looked VERY GOOD against top competition, and Im talking about his throws and decision making, not the plays his OC calls that would make you think he is a product of the system. Though Bridgewater plays in a pro system, the fact that he has only played 1 top school in the past 2 years makes me wonder if he would keep showing out if he played Alabama, Stanford, A&M, UCLA, etc each year.

Does it really matter if he did? Tons of amazing QBs come from smaller schools or teams that never play bigger Schools. I mean, if Alabama ate through lousiville's line and never gave Bridgewater a second, jammed their WRs, it wouldn't all be bridgewater's fault if it didn't go super well.

Anyway I am feeling pretty good about having a weaker SoS than Jax and getting the #1 pick. It'll be close but it's possible.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
wiseman101 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

1a. Marcus Mariota
1b. Teddy Bridgewater

1. Bridgewater
2. Everyone else

Does it really matter if he did? Tons of amazing QBs come from smaller schools or teams that never play bigger Schools. I mean, if Alabama ate through lousiville's line and never gave Bridgewater a second, jammed their WRs, it wouldn't all be bridgewater's fault if it didn't go super well.

Anyway I am feeling pretty good about having a weaker SoS than Jax and getting the #1 pick. It'll be close but it's possible.

Bridgewater elevates the play of his wrs. He does not have a legit nfl cast surrounding him offensively and defensively. Do not buy into the Mariotta hype. I'm actually hoping Jacksonville does bc it's without a doubt Bridgewater is the top of his class and its not even close. People tried doing that to Luck after a bowl loss and 3 int performance against Oregon. Do not over analyze. Bridgewater is a cross between Brady and Rodgers and step below luck as a prospect.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
wiseman101 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

1a. Marcus Mariota
1b. Teddy Bridgewater

1. Bridgewater
2. Everyone else

Bridgewater elevates the play of his wrs. He does not have a legit nfl cast surrounding him offensively and defensively. Do not buy into the Mariotta hype. I'm actually hoping Jacksonville does bc it's without a doubt Bridgewater is the top of his class and its not even close. People tried doing that to Luck after a bowl loss and 3 int performance against Oregon. Do not over analyze. Bridgewater is a cross between Brady and Rodgers and step below luck as a prospect.

Oh, Id be more than happy to get Bridgewater believe me, I just think its worth giving Mariota a look. Also, its MarioTa, one T. Ive just noticed that you've been adding 2 T's now for a few weeks. Very Happy But if we sit an pick #2 and Mariota is on the board and Bridgewater is gone, I wouldnt hesitate in the slightest to select him. I think he will be a great pro regardless, but if he goes to a place like Jacksonville, he will die, actually Bridgewater probably would too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Question Remains Will He declare

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 8 Catches 91 Yards
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
One Question Remains Will He declare

Mariota?

I would think so. He would be clear cut number 2. Next year he would have to compete with Winston, Hundley and ? ? ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down and grabbing Johnny Manziel in the 11-19 range. I think Manziel is guna be a star.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to trading down and grabbing Johnny Manziel in the 11-19 range. I think Manziel is guna be a star.

Sloppy footwork mechanics, doesn't go through progressions ,one look and run , questionable arm strength , makes throws that will get him in trouble at the next level (ie lofting jump balls into triple coverage. ).
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:

I don't know where I would draft Manziel, but I know that he's getting a ton of undue flack. I like him a lot too.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: