Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft question for fans of the Rams.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Draft question for fans of the Rams. Reply with quote

ASSUMING.... (However briefly) -that St. Louis winds up picking around, say, 7th and 14th overall in the 2014 NFL draft. Which is not a COMPLETELY unreasonable estimate, although I'm doing it based on average likelihood.
Now, presuming that's at or around the case, which of these two draft scenarios would you all prefer? Curious.

SCENARIO #1: Taylor Lewan and Johnny Manziel...

OR.......... Very Happy

SCENARIO #2: Jake Matthews and Lache Seastrunk?

Thank you.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm.. Neither? But if it HAD to be one then Id take Lewan and Johnny
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Uhm.. Neither? But if it HAD to be one then Id take Lewan and Johnny

Why would both be so undesirable?
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2112
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT
_________________

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT

I'll assume you think your long-term QB situation is squared away as of this moment? Confused And your running game, as well? Shocked
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT

I'll assume you think your long-term QB situation is squared away as of this moment? Confused And your running game, as well? Shocked

Oh, and please DO notice that I have an immediate starter at RT included in BOTH scenarios? Your #1 need? Confused
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT

I'll assume you think your long-term QB situation is squared away as of this moment? Confused And your running game, as well? Shocked

Oh, and please DO notice that I have an immediate starter at RT included in BOTH scenarios? Your #1 need? Confused


Its ok, unless you REALLY follow the Rams you think that is the case, but its not.

Bradford is coming back regardless so a QB will most likely NOT be taken in the first. Rounds 2-4 as previously stated is the most likely scenario.

As far as the running game is concerned, we just rushed for 200 yards against the 2nd rated defense in the NFL and have found our guy in Zac Stacy who had 135 of those yards. Again, also a day 2/3 pick maybe, but not a first and especially not Seastrunk at 14.

If you really want an accurate yet typical mock situation that accurately represents our most likely selections then think more about RT then S (Clinton-Dix) or WR (Evans/Lee/Watkins).
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT

I'll assume you think your long-term QB situation is squared away as of this moment? Confused And your running game, as well? Shocked

Oh, and please DO notice that I have an immediate starter at RT included in BOTH scenarios? Your #1 need? Confused


Its ok, unless you REALLY follow the Rams you think that is the case, but its not.

Bradford is coming back regardless so a QB will most likely NOT be taken in the first. Rounds 2-4 as previously stated is the most likely scenario.

As far as the running game is concerned, we just rushed for 200 yards against the 2nd rated defense in the NFL and have found our guy in Zac Stacy who had 135 of those yards. Again, also a day 2/3 pick maybe, but not a first and especially not Seastrunk at 14.

If you really want an accurate yet typical mock situation that accurately represents our most likely selections then think more about RT then S (Clinton-Dix) or WR (Evans/Lee/Watkins).

I'm sorry. I just can't see the optimism in Bradford returning as being the great revival. Very Happy
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be that as it may, you dont draft a QB in the first to sit em these days, unless you have every other need filled prior which definitely isnt the case for us.
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Be that as it may, you dont draft a QB in the first to sit em these days, unless you have every other need filled prior which definitely isnt the case for us.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Rams cutting Bradford LOOSE, then drafting a QB, be it Johnny Football, Mettenberger, Boyd, WHOMEVER, to take over for and START for Sam, effective immediately.
He was ineffectual WHEN healthy, and now he's got a wrecked knee.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 4291
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Be that as it may, you dont draft a QB in the first to sit em these days, unless you have every other need filled prior which definitely isnt the case for us.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Rams cutting Bradford LOOSE, then drafting a QB, be it Johnny Football, Mettenberger, Boyd, WHOMEVER, to take over for and START for Sam, effective immediately.
He was ineffectual WHEN healthy, and now he's got a wrecked knee.


Hes not getting cut.

And this is probably one of the best years to get a quality developmental QB on day 2. We arent going QB in the first.
_________________
2014 Draft Wish List for the 2nd Overall Pick-
**In Order**

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Be that as it may, you dont draft a QB in the first to sit em these days, unless you have every other need filled prior which definitely isnt the case for us.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Rams cutting Bradford LOOSE, then drafting a QB, be it Johnny Football, Mettenberger, Boyd, WHOMEVER, to take over for and START for Sam, effective immediately.
He was ineffectual WHEN healthy, and now he's got a wrecked knee.


Hes not getting cut.

And this is probably one of the best years to get a quality developmental QB on day 2. We arent going QB in the first.

I'm sorry. That's just TOO much faith in a sub-standard, high-priced, coming back from MAJOR knee-surgery type of quarterback. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtwizzy2k8


Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 661
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both options are terrible. Option 1 is terrible because even if you think like I do that Bradford is not the answer and we need to move on, Manziel is definitely not a first round prospect. The front office is sticking with Bradford, though, so it's a moot point anyway.

Option 2 is terrible because there aren't any top 15 caliber RBs in this draft, RB isn't a major need for us anymore since Zac Stacy has looked great, and there are many far superior players to Seastrunk to be had at that pick.

If you put a gun to my head though I would take Option 2 for more RB depth and the superior OT (based on what I've heard).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7565
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT

I'll assume you think your long-term QB situation is squared away as of this moment? Confused And your running game, as well? Shocked

Oh, and please DO notice that I have an immediate starter at RT included in BOTH scenarios? Your #1 need? Confused
I dont think anyones displeasure is with the First pick. One of those OTs are likely a target of ours as this OL has had its issues and no one really trusts Jake Long to finish out his contract here at this point.

Its the latter pick that just makes no sense...

While Jeff Fisher has been known to stock up on Running Backs, We have so many other areas of need before a RB in todays NFL. Lache is a good back, but he isnt AP, who is the only RB that is worthy of a Top 20 pick, maybe even 1st round pick in todays game. Our running game has been much better when putting in Stacey and getting the line not to completely suck.

And yes, our QB situation is squared away for the time being, especially as far as our Front Office is concerned. (not even to mention the almost $8million in Dead money we would be paying him not to be the QB of the team). And if people wanted to get rid of perception, and actually look what he has done this season, he has been very good for us. Especially when you take into account almost no Run Game, a bunch of young/rookie receivers and a Line that was leaking like a sieve...

He had a Top 20 completion % (60.7) with a massive amount of drops from the guys he was throwing to, a Top 15 Passer Rating (90.9) and if you extrapolated out his numbers he was on pace for 3,850 passing yards and 32 TDs, with a 7/2 Touchdown to Interception ratio. Only Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck had thrown the same or less INTs while starting 7 games.

Bradford was having a pretty darn good season and they are talking extension with him. He is the QB for this team and this regime, they need to get everything fixed around him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suffering_Bills


Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 3911
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
Suffering_Bills wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
Don't need or want Manziel and RB is not a 1st round need. It's probably a 5-7 round pick. A development qb in rounds 2-4 is a better option.

I'd put our needs at RT, FS, G a #1 WR, and DT

I'll assume you think your long-term QB situation is squared away as of this moment? Confused And your running game, as well? Shocked

Oh, and please DO notice that I have an immediate starter at RT included in BOTH scenarios? Your #1 need? Confused
I dont think anyones displeasure is with the First pick. One of those OTs are likely a target of ours as this OL has had its issues and no one really trusts Jake Long to finish out his contract here at this point.

Its the latter pick that just makes no sense...

While Jeff Fisher has been known to stock up on Running Backs, We have so many other areas of need before a RB in todays NFL. Lache is a good back, but he isnt AP, who is the only RB that is worthy of a Top 20 pick, maybe even 1st round pick in todays game. Our running game has been much better when putting in Stacey and getting the line not to completely suck.

And yes, our QB situation is squared away for the time being, especially as far as our Front Office is concerned. (not even to mention the almost $8million in Dead money we would be paying him not to be the QB of the team). And if people wanted to get rid of perception, and actually look what he has done this season, he has been very good for us. Especially when you take into account almost no Run Game, a bunch of young/rookie receivers and a Line that was leaking like a sieve...

He had a Top 20 completion % (60.7) with a massive amount of drops from the guys he was throwing to, a Top 15 Passer Rating (90.9) and if you extrapolated out his numbers he was on pace for 3,850 passing yards and 32 TDs, with a 7/2 Touchdown to Interception ratio. Only Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck had thrown the same or less INTs while starting 7 games.

Bradford was having a pretty darn good season and they are talking extension with him. He is the QB for this team and this regime, they need to get everything fixed around him.

I understand your point, but I respectfully disagree.
_________________
Why have a signature? I don't need to be famous.................................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group