Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24156832/pete-priscos-midseason-all-pro-team

Sean Lee and Jason Hatcher made the team.

Oh, and so did David DeCastro. You know, that guy so many of you were mocking earlier this year? It turns out that he's been one of the best OGs in the entire league. So much for your "bust" nonsense.

Sorry, any guy stupid enough to chop block his own Center can stay far away from my team.

You obviously didn't see the play and only know the result.

It was a pretty stupid play by Decastro, but I would still like to have him, even though he must be color blind.

It was absolutely a stupid play. No one is denying that. But, the intent was to chop block the defender, but he missed.

Only an idiot would think GD thought it intentional

Boy, I'm sure you added some value to this thread, MH. Go back to your hole.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24156832/pete-priscos-midseason-all-pro-team

Oh, and so did David DeCastro. You know, that guy so many of you were mocking earlier this year? It turns out that he's been one of the best OGs in the entire league. So much for your "bust" nonsense.

Sorry, any guy stupid enough to chop block his own Center can stay far away from my team.

You obviously didn't see the play and only know the result.

It was a pretty stupid play by Decastro, but I would still like to have him, even though he must be color blind.

It was absolutely a stupid play. No one is denying that. But, the intent was to chop block the defender, but he missed.

Only an idiot would think GD thought it intentional

Boy, I'm sure you added some value to this thread, MH. Go back to your hole.

He has just as much right to post nonsense as you do.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cease the personal attacks!! Back on topic!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee definitely deserves an All-Pro bid with the way he has been playing.

^^^mack
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Lee definitely deserves an All-Pro bid with the way he has been playing.

I know our defense has been Swiss cheese at times, but no one is running away with DPOY at the moment. He's making his case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he leads the league in interceptions and tackles (he's tied for first in the former and second in the latter), then he has to be a real candidate. Unfortunately that award will never go to a player on the league's 32 ranked defense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

It also has Vontaze Burfict,a player most of you guys said was too slow to play in this league.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It also has Vontaze Burfict,a player most of you guys said was too slow to play in this league.

And a good many NFL scouts thought the same thing...

^^^mack
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Actually, most of us in this forum were not talking about his potential lack of speed. Our concern was with his head. He's a mental midget and had a slew of on and off field issues at AZ State.

Northland wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Actually, most of us in this forum were not talking about his potential lack of speed. Our concern was with his head. He's a mental midget and had a slew of on and off field issues at AZ State.

Well, he is now a team leader and playing at the highest level of the sport. He was also undrafted for mostly a media bias just like many other players. I still wish he and sean lee were good cop bad cop on the cowboys defense.A little fire on the defense sounds good about now doesn't it?
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Well, he is now a team leader and playing at the highest level of the sport. He was also undrafted for mostly a media bias just like many other players. I still wish he and sean lee were good cop bad cop on the cowboys defense.A little fire on the defense sounds good about now doesn't it?

You apparently don't know much about Vontaze Burfict's issues at AZ State. When you have a guy with mid-1st round talent and he goes completely undrafted, that tends to speak volumes. He was notorious for getting flagged for unsportsmanlike penalties, getting ejected from games, starting fights, arguing with players, coaches, FANS, and could never keep his temper or attitude in check. The guys was a complete liability on and off the field.

So it wouldn't be an issue of "a little fire" as you put it. Burfict is a ticking time bomb.

Northland wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

You apparently don't know much about Vontaze Burfict's issues at AZ State. When you have a guy with mid-1st round talent and he goes completely undrafted, that tends to speak volumes. He was notorious for getting flagged for unsportsmanlike penalties, getting ejected from games, starting fights, arguing with players, coaches, FANS, and could never keep his temper or attitude in check. The guys was a complete liability on and off the field.

So it wouldn't be an issue of "a little fire" as you put it. Burfict is a ticking time bomb.

We argued these issues last year, so I am very aware of his so called issues. I just didn't believe half of them. I still contend that he plays with passion that could have been coached up. A player like Sean Lee could have been a super asset to a player like that.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

We argued these issues last year, so I am very aware of his so called issues. I just didn't believe half of them. I still contend that he plays with passion that could have been coached up. A player like Sean Lee could have been a super asset to a player like that.

It's a tad disingenuous to say that you "didn't believe" them when they occured each and every week. If it happened once, then yeah, I'd say it was blown out of proportion. But this is the same guy who was suspended for his sophomore season in high school due to character issues. This is the same man who didn't meet the academic standards at AZ State as a true freshman because he didn't bother to show up for the exam in 2009. This is the same guy who was benched because of earning multiple personal foul penalties due to dirty hits; one of which was walking up to a QB after a play was over and head butting him, leaving him with a mild concussion. This is the same man who was suspended for choking an opposing offensive lineman. This is the same man who was repeatedly suspended by his own team for fighting with his teammates, getting ejected from practice, getting into fist fights with his coaches, and then refused to accept any accountability for his behavior.

This is also the same man who fails two drug tests, one at the combine, and then blamed the people conducting the test.

So no, I didn't want any part of him on the team because he's a massive liability to everyone around him. And I'm not convinced that he's changed because he's still collecting personal foul penalties in the NFL. He earned his fifth of the season on Thursday for hitting Stephen Hill in the face with the crown of his helmet, which also earned him his third fine of the season.

Do you still think highly of him? You can't "coach up" a nut. I'll never take away his passion for the game, but the man has serious issues. And they are negatively impacting games.

Northland wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It's a tad disingenuous to say that you "didn't believe" them when they occured each and every week. If it happened once, then yeah, I'd say it was blown out of proportion. But this is the same guy who was suspended for his sophomore season in high school due to character issues. This is the same man who didn't meet the academic standards at AZ State as a true freshman because he didn't bother to show up for the exam in 2009. This is the same guy who was benched because of earning multiple personal foul penalties due to dirty hits; one of which was walking up to a QB after a play was over and head butting him, leaving him with a mild concussion. This is the same man who was suspended for choking an opposing offensive lineman. This is the same man who was repeatedly suspended by his own team for fighting with his teammates, getting ejected from practice, getting into fist fights with his coaches, and then refused to accept any accountability for his behavior.

This is also the same man who fails two drug tests, one at the combine, and then blamed the people conducting the test.

So no, I didn't want any part of him on the team because he's a massive liability to everyone around him. And I'm not convinced that he's changed because he's still collecting personal foul penalties in the NFL. He earned his fifth of the season on Thursday for hitting Stephen Hill in the face with the crown of his helmet, which also earned him his third fine of the season.

Do you still think highly of him? You can't "coach up" a nut. I'll never take away his passion for the game, but the man has serious issues. And they are negatively impacting games.

I stand by my story of what I want to believe and wish not to. This man is has had a tough go at life and I think people like that don't get a free pass. I think more often than not they get a target and a microscope. I believe that on the field he is a beast and that his play on the field was second to none in his college days. If he would have played for say an Alabama he would have had a smaller microscope because he would have been playing with players with similar talent. He would have shared some of the spotlight. Since he was playing on an up and coming ASU team the scope was fixed right on top of him. He is All-Pro caliber player, that fell to an undrafted rookie. All I am saying since day one, he is going to be a star that we should have drafted in a late round. I would much rather have him than Durant or Sims. I also wish we had some bad attitude on defense that came with some intimidation factor. As for his failed drug tests, I really think the NFL takes a very stupid stance on marijuana. If every job on the country, including GM's jobs took that stance on pot. We would have the unemployment rate of Portugal in this country.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: