Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24156832/pete-priscos-midseason-all-pro-team

Sean Lee and Jason Hatcher made the team.

Oh, and so did David DeCastro. You know, that guy so many of you were mocking earlier this year? It turns out that he's been one of the best OGs in the entire league. So much for your "bust" nonsense.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the guy steeler fans are mocking. I have seen one game of his this year - and didn't notice him. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee is All World. Hatcher has been great. The question or challenge for the Cowboys is do we resign Hatcher? He's what 31 now, he'll be 32 at the start of next season. Do we extend him or franchise him? We're thin on the DL and need help but I don't like extending guys his age.

Glad to see DeCastro getting recogntion. I had the big man crush on him and would have been happy if we had stayed put and picked him.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24156832/pete-priscos-midseason-all-pro-team

Oh, and so did David DeCastro. You know, that guy so many of you were mocking earlier this year? It turns out that he's been one of the best OGs in the entire league. So much for your "bust" nonsense.

All my Steelers fan friends tell me he is excellent at pulling, but he needs to get stronger, because he gets pushed back a lot in pass blocking. That said, the guy was injured his whole 1st season, so to me this is really his rookie year. I would imagine if he stays healthy, his strength should increase over the season, and especially over the offseason. Also, I've heard no GM or front office guy mention how they knew he was going to struggle. Honestly, had we taken Decastro, I doubt we take Frederick in the first round this year.

Unless a guy is a tremendous athlete or workout warrior that didn't have the college game footage to match, I don't put much into busts. It happens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to... In addition to his play, he's emerged as a leader for this team. I wonder if he'd do 4 years, $24m with $10m signing bonus, and $1m, $2m, $5m, $6m in salary and two years guaranteed?

Probably not, but I'd love to do something like that and get two more years of play out of him for $13m spread over three years.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Sorry, any guy stupid enough to chop block his own Center can stay far away from my team.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatcher has been one heck of a player for a few years now. But I think it's highly unlikely that he returns. He's already stated it's his last year, and we can't afford big contracts on aging vets when we have guys like Dez, Tyron, etc to re-sign.

That said, if he tests free agency and discovers the market isn't great, I would welcome him back on a modest contract in a heartbeat.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Sorry, any guy stupid enough to chop block his own Center can stay far away from my team.

You obviously didn't see the play and only know the result.

Northland wrote:
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It was a pretty stupid play by Decastro, but I would still like to have him, even though he must be color blind.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It was a pretty stupid play by Decastro, but I would still like to have him, even though he must be color blind.

It was absolutely a stupid play. No one is denying that. But, the intent was to chop block the defender, but he missed.

Northland wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is the first time I am seeing that.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Superfluous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It was absolutely a stupid play. No one is denying that. But, the intent was to chop block the defender, but he missed.

Which would have been a penalty...
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

Superfluous wrote:

Unless it's a Mike Shanahan coached team. He's widely known for directing his offensive linemen to dive at the defenders' knees. Mark Schlereth talks about it all the time on ESPN Radio from back in his playing days in Denver.

Northland wrote:
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:

Unless it's a Mike Shanahan coached team. He's widely known for directing his offensive linemen to dive at the defenders' knees. Mark Schlereth talks about it all the time on ESPN Radio from back in his playing days in Denver.

Superfluous is right, it would have been a penalty. You can't cut block a player who is already engaged with a blocker. Had DeCastro not sucked so bad on that play, he would have been called for a personal foul. Instead, he just looks like a dumbarse.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 22 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Pass Break Up
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Prisco's Mid Season All-Pro Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Only an idiot would think GD thought it intentional

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: