Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WK9: Atl @ Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4364
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5875
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.


If you want to insult people, make sure you can read properly. I bolded the relevant parts to help. And LOL at Spoon remaining to be seen. You already dug yourself in a hole with the Peters statement, now this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4364
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.


If you want to insult people, make sure you can read properly. I bolded the relevant parts to help. And LOL at Spoon remaining to be seen. You already dug yourself in a hole with the Peters statement, now this?


How many Pro Bowls has Spoon seen? How many games has he missed? To be an impact player you need to an active player right? Spoon is the best IR player I have ever seen tho!

But seriously...PM me because you need some serious grammar help. Don't be ashamed.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 3997
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would like to ask is this:

Would you rather your team hit on more first round picks than late rounders, or vice versa?

Look at Seattle under John Schenider. They only have one star in the first drafted since he took over:

'10: Okung (pretty good, but hasn't played a full season)
'10: Thomas (he's okay, I guess Very Happy)
'11 Carpenter (flat out bust)
'12 Irvin (isn't a world beater, but isn't horrible. Has PED issue)
'13 Traded for Harvin (hasn't worked out great so far)


We all know how good they are in the mid to late rounds.

I honestly think the success of Seattle has skewed many views on here on our drafting. No team, and I repeat NO TEAM, hits on all their draft picks. TD shouldn't be expected to do the same. The fact is, he has found several role players in the mid rounds and they're not flashy like Sherman and Wilson, but they serve they're purpose.

If people think we're a bad drafting team, compare us with Tampa. They haven't drafted a Pro-Bowler in years before McCoy and Martin and there isn't a single player remaining from the 2009 draft.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5875
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.


If you want to insult people, make sure you can read properly. I bolded the relevant parts to help. And LOL at Spoon remaining to be seen. You already dug yourself in a hole with the Peters statement, now this?


How many Pro Bowls has Spoon seen? How many games has he missed? To be an impact player you need to an active player right? Spoon is the best IR player I have ever seen tho!

But seriously...PM me because you need some serious grammar help. Don't be ashamed.


I dont know if you think youre being insulting or what, but its getting weird ... DO you come here to see perfect grammar? Are you confused on what this site is about? Ill talk to someone, see if i can get an "about" tab added to the top so we can avoid this kind of confusion going forward.

Especially when you show such poor logic. Spoon hasnt been to a pro bowl??? Oh no, hse awful!! not like thats a popularity contest that fans decide on or anything.

And out of 54 possible games, hes played in 42. More than enough to make an impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4364
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.


If you want to insult people, make sure you can read properly. I bolded the relevant parts to help. And LOL at Spoon remaining to be seen. You already dug yourself in a hole with the Peters statement, now this?


How many Pro Bowls has Spoon seen? How many games has he missed? To be an impact player you need to an active player right? Spoon is the best IR player I have ever seen tho!

But seriously...PM me because you need some serious grammar help. Don't be ashamed.


I dont know if you think youre being insulting or what, but its getting weird ... DO you come here to see perfect grammar? Are you confused on what this site is about? Ill talk to someone, see if i can get an "about" tab added to the top so we can avoid this kind of confusion going forward.

Especially when you show such poor logic. Spoon hasnt been to a pro bowl??? Oh no, hse awful!! not like thats a popularity contest that fans decide on or anything.

And out of 54 possible games, hes played in 42. More than enough to make an impact.


Dude, if you want to remain ignorant that is on you. You obviously can't take help which is why you spill ignorance.

And spoon has been good but far from an impact player. Not saying he is, but to rely on your OLB in a 4-3 to be your best Defensive player isn't real smart. HE doesn't pass rush and his coverage skills are average. That position just isn't that impactful if he is used as a traditional OLB in the 4-3. Spoon isn't even the best OLB in the NFC South. Both Lavonte David and Thomas Davis are better than Spoon. And Davis has had 3,000 surgeries. Spoon has to show me more if he is to be this "hit" of a pick as you claim.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CoachFunk7


Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 739
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
All I got out of that is you don't think Corey Peters is a starter. That means you aren't actually watching him. He's been far and away the best player in the front 7. I literally don't know how you could say that.


Peters being the best player on the Falcons D line is not saying a whole lot. That is like being the best cook at Ihop. That doesn't mean you are ready to be the next iron chef. Peter is a really good solid player. But on a Dline that is dominant he would be a rotating DT. That is what I am saying, we don't have a dominant player on the Dline or Oline. Just average to bad players. I am not trying to take a shot at Peters. I like him a lot. And he is a solid DT. But on a really good Dline he would be rotational at best. Of course he would start for us. Who else you gonna start Peria Jerry???


Oh you shut your ignorant mouth right there...
_________________
Dirty Bird Watch: Sean Weatherspoon

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5875
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.


If you want to insult people, make sure you can read properly. I bolded the relevant parts to help. And LOL at Spoon remaining to be seen. You already dug yourself in a hole with the Peters statement, now this?


How many Pro Bowls has Spoon seen? How many games has he missed? To be an impact player you need to an active player right? Spoon is the best IR player I have ever seen tho!

But seriously...PM me because you need some serious grammar help. Don't be ashamed.


I dont know if you think youre being insulting or what, but its getting weird ... DO you come here to see perfect grammar? Are you confused on what this site is about? Ill talk to someone, see if i can get an "about" tab added to the top so we can avoid this kind of confusion going forward.

Especially when you show such poor logic. Spoon hasnt been to a pro bowl??? Oh no, hse awful!! not like thats a popularity contest that fans decide on or anything.

And out of 54 possible games, hes played in 42. More than enough to make an impact.


Dude, if you want to remain ignorant that is on you. You obviously can't take help which is why you spill ignorance.

And spoon has been good but far from an impact player. Not saying he is, but to rely on your OLB in a 4-3 to be your best Defensive player isn't real smart. HE doesn't pass rush and his coverage skills are average. That position just isn't that impactful if he is used as a traditional OLB in the 4-3. Spoon isn't even the best OLB in the NFC South. Both Lavonte David and Thomas Davis are better than Spoon. And Davis has had 3,000 surgeries. Spoon has to show me more if he is to be this "hit" of a pick as you claim.


Again with the attempted insults. If you cant handle having your pretty poor opinions challenged, go somewhere else. If not, stay on topic.

You call Spoon good but then say he isnt a hit. Which is it? And stop just dropping stuff once youve run out out of escape routes, its not fooling anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.
6 drafts. Not 5. 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013. And Spoon is a pretty good player, but he's too injury prone.(Btw, Id NEVER take a 4-3 OLB in the 1st rd. Especially when players like Dez Bryant, Rob Gronkowski, and Lamar Houston were still on the board. Now that's what you call a "hit". Not to mention Daryl Washington and Sean Lee were both taking after Weatherspoon. We coulda walked away with Dez and Washington that year, had we still had our 2nd rdr we gave up for TG. (That's why you don't give up picks)(TG is a HOF, but people tend to forget that we were 11-5 without him)(Shouldve just added to the trenches after the season)TD mustve forgot Matt was a good running game, play action pass type qb, and not that throw the ball all over the field like Aaron Rodgers type qb. Hell, I woulda took Demarius Thomas over Spoon too. But that's just me.(I look for game changers in rd 1) Bryant and Thomas were right there for the taking, but TD passed, only to trade away 5 picks a couple of yrs later to take Julio(not that I don't like Julio. Just sayin). Confusing..... And Spoon might've only been listed as OUT of 12 games in 3 years like GSU said(as if that's good), but I guarantee you hes either been questionable, doubtful ,or left the game early WAAAAY more than just 12 times in that span....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4364
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If TD has failed, why has the team been so successful the last 5 years? History shows he hits on early 1st round picks. Thats an absolute, undeniable fact. In general he usually hits on 1st but thats beside the point. So if you arent being a liar and its truly what you are basing it off of.

oh, and:

Quote:
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean you can relate it to drafting


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing


TD has hit on 2 first round picks. Spoon remains to be seen. There have been 5 drafts of his. But seriously PM me so we can get you that help.
6 drafts. Not 5. 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013. And Spoon is a pretty good player, but he's too injury prone.(Btw, Id NEVER take a 4-3 OLB in the 1st rd. Especially when players like Dez Bryant, Rob Gronkowski, and Lamar Houston were still on the board. Now that's what you call a "hit". Not to mention Daryl Washington and Sean Lee were both taking after Weatherspoon. We coulda walked away with Dez and Washington that year, had we still had our 2nd rdr we gave up for TG. (That's why you don't give up picks)(TG is a HOF, but people tend to forget that we were 11-5 without him)(Shouldve just added to the trenches after the season)TD mustve forgot Matt was a good running game, play action pass type qb, and not that throw the ball all over the field like Aaron Rodgers type qb. Hell, I woulda took Demarius Thomas over Spoon too. But that's just me.(I look for game changers in rd 1) Bryant and Thomas were right there for the taking, but TD passed, only to trade away 5 picks a couple of yrs later to take Julio(not that I don't like Julio. Just sayin). Confusing..... And Spoon might've only been listed as OUT of 12 games in 3 years like GSU said(as if that's good), but I guarantee you hes either been questionable, doubtful ,or left the game early WAAAAY more than just 12 times in that span....


Exactly, way too many people don't want to hear the truth. Spoon has good prospective talent. But that's all it has been thus far. PROSPECTIVE. He has not been that impact leader on our Defense. Actually William Moore is the face of our Defensse. Not Spoon like he was supposed to be. He is injury prone and it seems like all of TD's 1st rounders have that common problem (Jerry, Baker, Spoon, Julio). I wonder how many games they have all missed combined.

And I agree that there were many other players picked after spoon that are better than him like the one's you mentioned.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2487
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol this forum is falling apart.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Lol this forum is falling apart.
Why, because people disagree with each other? Who in the hell wants to read a forum where everyone is biased? I don't....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4364
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Lol this forum is falling apart.


This forum isn't falling apart.

SEE! now that we disagree this is a lot more exciting!
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2487
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Lol this forum is falling apart.
Why, because people disagree with each other? Who in the hell wants to read a forum where everyone is biased? I don't....


The fact that you are all resorting to petty insults like 3rd grade children and attacking grammar is why.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4364
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
Lol this forum is falling apart.
Why, because people disagree with each other? Who in the hell wants to read a forum where everyone is biased? I don't....


The fact that you are all resorting to petty insults like 3rd grade children and attacking grammar is why.


If you don't agree with anyone here then say nothing or don't visit. No one is forcing you to.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group