Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Martin AWOL!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
While I think we all know Incognito is kind of a D- Bag, I find it suspicious that Martin handled everything this way.......right after he got moved back to RT.

I'm 6'6 320 lbs or so and I'm a professional athlete........ Now somebody tell him to stop picking on me.

Doesn't anyone else find this odd?

Martin saved his " they been picking on me " card until it was convenient for him to just crap on the whole team.......there was no better time than being moved back to RT and a day before the Nationally televised game against a good team.
I find a lot of this odd I just listen to Jeff darlington on the Jim Rome show who said players are absolutely shocked by this and that even richie and Martin are friends who go hang out at a few bars together in the florida area .
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
While I think we all know Incognito is kind of a D- Bag, I find it suspicious that Martin handled everything this way.......right after he got moved back to RT.

I'm 6'6 320 lbs or so and I'm a professional athlete........ Now somebody tell him to stop picking on me.

Martin saved his " they been picking on me " card until it was convenient for him to just crap on the whole team.......there was no better time than being moved back to RT and a day before the Nationally televised game against a good team.
I find a lot of this odd I just listen to Jeff darlington on the Jim Rome show who said players are absolutely shocked by this and that even richie and Martin are friends who go hang out at a few bars together in the florida area .

Jeff Darlington has been an Incognito supporter so his " surprise " seems odd in that by all accounts Incognito and Martin have not been regarded as friends and their appearances together have been only in group settings with other teammates.. The timing of to RT could be coincidence of what was happening in the locker room.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

Jeff Darlington has been an Incognito supporter so his " surprise " seems odd in that by all accounts Incognito and Martin have not been regarded as friends and their appearances together have been only in group settings with other teammates.. The timing of to RT could be coincidence of what was happening in the locker room.
You could be right and I may have misunderstood him when he said Richie and Martin both live in the fort Lauderdale area and have visited the same water holes together but yes maybe all group settings.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Martin, Incognito & The Phins are getting bashed all over sportstalk radio.

Jeez !
Judson49

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
The Dolphins version of Hard Knocks and my gut tells me that Richie Incognito is the catalyst of this behavior. That's not enough evidence, but hey I'm not a decision maker just a conversation participant.

I caught a glimpse of this by the way the Hard Knock cameras caught his treatment of Michael Egnew.

I think he's possibly a detriment to the offensive rookie class.

Hey, Doc called it!!
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have held off talking about this because we do not know all the facts and we won't.

But Goofing/ Picking goes on in every lockerroom of every sport, if you do not think so youlive a sheltered life. Martin being "Bullied" I hold it on him because if it was bothering him he should came forward to the Oline coaching staff and the to JP. Now if he did that and it continues then yes I can see his break down. I am a supervisor in the work place and any time something like this comes up you deal with it.

I am pissed as a fan because this incident will shake us to the foundation, no one wants to play for us before, with this kinda media no one will want to play for us. Ross needs to fire Ireland, The oline coach, drop Martin and try to trade Richie in the off season. I think this is the season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
I have held off talking about this because we do not know all the facts and we won't.

But Goofing/ Picking goes on in every lockerroom of every sport, if you do not think so youlive a sheltered life. Martin being "Bullied" I hold it on him because if it was bothering him he should came forward to the Oline coaching staff and the to JP. Now if he did that and it continues then yes I can see his break down. I am a supervisor in the work place and any time something like this comes up you deal with it.

I am pissed as a fan because this incident will shake us to the foundation, no one wants to play for us before, with this kinda media no one will want to play for us. Ross needs to fire Ireland, The oline coach, drop Martin and try to trade Richie in the off season. I think this is the season.
If it comes out that the coaching staff wanted incognito and the O-line to make Martin feel uncomfortable or get tougher that could be a problem I agree
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't anybody find it strange that just a few days before this story broke Incognito was on 20/20 or 60 Minutes or NFL Ntwk .. (I forget)
They did a whole feature on him & how he used to be & he admitted to having anger issues, dependancy issues & how with the help of a therapist & some growing up he became one of the captains a happy husband, teammate & dad yada yada yada ...?

Did anybody else see that piece & find the timing of this story to be "whack" !?!?

Smells like Incognito knew this was coming, way too much coincidence .

sug
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Doesn't anybody find it strange that just a few days before this story broke Incognito was on 20/20 or 60 Minutes or NFL Ntwk .. (I forget)
They did a whole feature on him & how he used to be & he admitted to having anger issues, dependancy issues & how with the help of a therapist & some growing up he became one of the captains a happy husband, teammate & dad yada yada yada ...?

Did anybody else see that piece & find the timing of this story to be "whack" !?!?

Smells like Incognito knew this was coming, way too much coincidence .

sug

Nah just a blip in the Matrix, I didn't see the story on Richie, was there a black cat in the piece on him?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed Martin left. I think he was going to get plugged in at RG next season, and I think he would've been good there.
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9938868/jeff-ireland-miami-dolphins-suggested-jonathan-martin-physically-confront-richie-incognito

Quote:
According to the report, which cited multiple league sources, Martin's agent, Rick Smith, called Ireland before his client left the team Oct. 28 and complained about the manner in which the second-year player was being treated by Incognito.

In response, Ireland suggested Martin respond to Incognito physically and specifically mentioned that he should "punch" the veteran guard, the sources told Pro Football Talk.

If this is true, bye bye Jeff

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what anyone says, it's still a work place. You treat it like any other work place. Other NFL superstars have said this on many, many occasions. I'm getting so tired of seeing these internet gangsters think they're so hard and he's so soft and they would have beat him up, etc and to me that's why they are flipping burgers, you don't ever do that crap. In a LEGAL standpoint, Martin did the right thing.

I personally don't care if either ever come back to the team but I think Richie might with how many teammates support him, they just don't wanna tattle tale like Martin did.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChosenOne3188 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9938868/jeff-ireland-miami-dolphins-suggested-jonathan-martin-physically-confront-richie-incognito

Quote:
According to the report, which cited multiple league sources, Martin's agent, Rick Smith, called Ireland before his client left the team Oct. 28 and complained about the manner in which the second-year player was being treated by Incognito.

In response, Ireland suggested Martin respond to Incognito physically and specifically mentioned that he should "punch" the veteran guard, the sources told Pro Football Talk.

If this is true, bye bye Jeff
Not that it changes much but its being said this happened after Martin left.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: