Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Martin AWOL!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I am ashamed to call myself a Miami Dolphins fan. I also now have some of my first legitimate questions about Joe Philbin as a head coach of the Miami Dolphins. I played football in college. This wasn't even professional football. This was college when players are still immature and unprofessional. This sort of thing would NEVER have happened where I played. If it would have the players involved would be dealt with from day one. We were a football team. We had each others backs. If someone else picked on them, then we had his back. Even if we thought he was a strange guy. He sweat and bled with us!

I'm disgusted, and this explains everything. Now I know why we can't finish football games. Now I know why we are so susceptible to huge momentum swings. Now I know why our O-line is not in sync. It all makes perfect sense now. If I am on that O-line, then I'm not giving 110 percent on every play for a bunch of guys I could give a rats butt about. Guys I had actually grown to despise. Guys I don't even respect. This honestly explains everything, and I'm questioning whether I even care about the rest of the season.

How could I root for a team I don't even respect? This team is a LONG way from being competitive enough to make it to the super bowl, because they obviously have a systemic problem that goes way beyond talent and they obviously have gotten rid of most of their leaders who were grown men and professionals and it shows.

Incognito made have learned to control his emotions a little more, but obviously he never stood up in this situation and it sounds like probably joined in so, he is not fit to be a leader on this team. How could you go out and tell the media that you are doing everything you can to get better and the O-line should be fired if they don't, when you are completely alienating the guy next to you? How does that make the O-line better?

Pouncy? He is supremely talented, but let's face it. This is the same knucklehead who wore the "FREE HERNANDEZ" hat. He has even been questioned as a possible witness and may even have connections to the double homicide. I'm sorry, but anyone who chooses to even associate with a guy like Arron Hernandez outside of the football world has huge red flags in my mind. The guy was a total thug, who had no regard for other people or even the sanctity of human life. Say what you want about his guilt or innocence. Just read about some of the ways he treated his own teammates.

If this is what the NFL is about on most teams, then thank god I was never big enough to make it to that level. I'd rather sit at my desk and work with real people who have brains and hearts and are more mature than a 10 year old at recess. I would have been grossly disappointed if this is par for the course on teams.

I also now question Tannehill. He had to have seen this stuff going on and obviously did little to nothing to put an end to it as the leader of the football team. His job should have been to make sure all the players respected each other and were unified with a single cause. That doesn't appear to have been taking place.

I think you're letting the media blow-up of this situation turn it into a bigger deal in your head than it actually is.

With all due respect to Jonathan Martin, he's an adult. He should know how to deal with these situations by now. Everyone who has ever stepped outside their door has experienced this kind of stuff. I don't know exactly what happened there, so maybe this was an extreme case where the Dolphins' team chemistry is to blame, but I don't buy it. I don't want to make a personality judgement on Martin since I don't know the guy at all, but it seems to me that he just got overwhelmed by the pressure and intensity of the job. I've seen it happen to people at elite schools, competitive work environments, the military, etc.

Sure, it would be nice if Philbin and Co. kept a closer eye on the emotional well-being of their players, but this is not expected behavior from a guy making nearly $400k a year and eventually much, much more. I've never seen something like this happen before (well, Ricky was kind of similar, I think) so I find it hard to believe that all of our players are awful bullies. Martin's going through tough emotional times and the abrasive locker room culture doesn't help with that, but this doesn't say anything about our coaching staff or players until there is more out there about this.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now its gonna hit the fan, Martin formally alleges misconduct :

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24182050/dolphins-ol-jonathan-martin-formally-alleges-player-misconduct

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 4, Tackles 6 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 4 : Death 17 Joe 14
SUG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24182050/dolphins-ol-jonathan-martin-formally-alleges-player-misconduct

I knew it was a possibility, I think ova got it right. Martin can take his pile of money & his Stanford degree & move on.

Ok so I'd like to update my claim of needing 3 new OL to 4 new OL.

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

I knew it was a possibility, I think ova got it right. Martin can take his pile of money & his Stanford degree & move on.

Ok so I'd like to update my claim of needing 3 new OL to 4 new OL.

sug

I will be the first one to say I do not know all the facts but based on what I know right now and using critical thinking it seems to me Martin is looking for an out. I do not believe he loved football. Chances are he was a front runner who was never able to adapt to the next level of football. As I said before, "I have never seen a player get rag dogged like he did his first season and return to respectability". While the Fins are being PC about all of this, deep down they know this dude is a lost cause. I will be shocked if Martin ever plays another down in the NFL. I know Incognito will play again but chances are he will be gone anyway as his contract expires soon anyway. This is what I meant when I say I prefer to draft guys that got some dawg in him over these smart guys. Give me a guy that knows what it means to miss a couple meals over those who were spoon feed their entire life. Another 2nd round pick down the drain. Hopefully this will be enough for Ireland to be fired.
Pickle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors going around that this might be due to his sexual orientation, I'm not quite sure on the rules on this forum discussing things like that so I won't get into it.

Sig: Ivana001
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
With all due respect to Jonathan Martin, he's an adult.

So is everybody on the team.

Footballs are family, they're friends. Teams work best when you look out for those around you. Regardless of any personality disorders or mental issues Martin might have, the fact that this has occurred is a joke.

Btw...guy clearly likely has the text messages saved on his phone.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickle wrote:
Rumors going around that this might be due to his sexual orientation, I'm not quite sure on the rules on this forum discussing things like that so I won't get into it.

I think the precedent is it's okay to discuss how it affects the football team / other players on the team but I don't believe there's any validity to that rumor.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Pickle wrote:

I think the precedent is it's okay to discuss how it affects the football team / other players on the team but I don't believe there's any validity to that rumor.

4 new offensive lineman. Possibly 5 if Pouncey is convicted of aiding and abetting. The first three picks better be offensive linemen, a HoF DE is not going to help this pedestrian offense very much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Pickle wrote:

4 new offensive lineman. Possibly 5 if Pouncey is convicted of aiding and abetting. The first three picks better be offensive linemen, a HoF DE is not going to help this pedestrian offense very much.
Maybe this means Dallas Thomas gets off the in active list? Well earned Dallas well earned
bigmark76

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bit about this whole situation that really irritates me:

Preface: this is to my current knowledge of the situation and might change depending on new information. sorry if some of this doesn't make sense it's 4am.

1) The fact that this is whats being talked about, instead of the gutsy overtime win against arguably the hottest team in Oct.

2) The fact that this got out to the media, before the organization "knew" about it leads me to believe that Martin didn't take the proper steps of handling this "bullying". Like talking to coaches, anyone in the front office, Ross, or put in any type of formal complaint about said "bullying" before it came to the point where the media caught wind of his meltdown and blew it up ( I still think the media loves to take jabs at the fins each time they can but meh maybe thats just me)

3) I hope Martin understands what he just did to his NFL career, Damaged it quite a bit, granted the fins moving him back and forth doesn't help but regardless whether or not he deserves the label of mentally weak that's how some teams and players will now tag him. plus there are bullies on 90% of teams and every where outside of football, so he has just marked himself as a bigger target if he were to go someplace else.

4) (kind of ties in with 3) Now with this out there he ruined any chance he'd get to play LT which is where he'd make the most money because no one would want a "mentally weak" player at the most important position, protecting the blindside of the QB.
Russ57

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Incognito suspended?
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bengals game was the last time Incognito will wear a Dolphins uniform. Yes he is suspended.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 4, Tackles 6 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 4 : Death 17 Joe 14
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have my paper bag of shame at the ready
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think we all know Incognito is kind of a D- Bag, I find it suspicious that Martin handled everything this way.......right after he got moved back to RT.

I'm 6'6 320 lbs or so and I'm a professional athlete........ Now somebody tell him to stop picking on me.

Doesn't anyone else find this odd?

Martin saved his " they been picking on me " card until it was convenient for him to just crap on the whole team.......there was no better time than being moved back to RT and a day before the Nationally televised game against a good team.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
JCool333 wrote:
With all due respect to Jonathan Martin, he's an adult.

So is everybody on the team.

Footballs are family, they're friends. Teams work best when you look out for those around you. Regardless of any personality disorders or mental issues Martin might have, the fact that this has occurred is a joke.

Btw...guy clearly likely has the text messages saved on his phone.

No doubt that Incognito was out of line. Still, Jonathan Martin should have dealt with this like an adult and that means facing it head on, not running away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: