Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan "ESPN" Clark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blitzburgh9256

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Ryan "ESPN" Clark Reply with quote

Is anybody else tired of Ryan Clark's comments off of the football field. I feel like anytime I'm on espn or nfl.com there is something about Clark running his mouth or commenting on something. Especially with his play this year, he should not be resigned. I feel like he is more worried about being on ESPN or getting in an interview. Now he is at Dez Bryant's aid and talking about double standards. He needs to worry about not blowing coverage and dropping ints. Apologies to those who think the isn't thread worthy, just want some opinions.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems to know his time is about up and is planning for life after football.

I love Clark as a person. Great, smart guy....but his career is over. They need to see what they have in Thomas. This season is pretty much over. They need to start giving young players more playing time and start sitting some of these vets that wont be here in a few years.
blitzburgh9256

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
He seems to know his time is about up and is planning for life after football.

I love Clark as a person. Great, smart guy....but his career is over. They need to see what they have in Thomas. This season is pretty much over. They need to start giving young players more playing time and start sitting some of these vets that wont be here in a few years.

Totally agree with you 43M, I'm not saying I don't like Clark as a person. He seems very intelligent. But when your play declines and your all over the media map and talking about others and there play, that when I have an issue. If the Patriots beat us handedly, which I obviously hope we crush them, I think it's time to see what we have in Shark at the FS postion
chrisororke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping when I heard on ESPN (hadn't seen the press conf yet) of a demotion that Ryan Clark was being benched for Shamarko Thomas. Wishful thinking ...
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember posting people would complain about this in the off-season. I was off my rocker.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark's a talker, what do you expect? He was a good player for us, great locker room guy, great guy all around. His time is definitely up, but I can't hate on him.

Gotta think, the Steelers haven't been THIS bad since the year before they drafted Ben. It's been a long time. These guys are probably very frustrated, they're used to winning, so some things are going to come out.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not just sick and tired of it, I'm disgusted by it and I think he deserves to be cut. His career is over physically, but he's still getting paid by the Steelers to play football not run his f'n mouth on ESPN.

Clark is a great guy, I love the dude, he's just so high spirited it's crazy, but he doesn't deserve to be on the field anymore. I don't even think he gives a crap about how the Steelers perform anymore because he's already got his life after football lined up. For the guys that don't, this sh** matters!

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I'm not just sick and tired of it, I'm disgusted by it and I think he deserves to be cut. His career is over physically, but he's still getting paid by the Steelers to play football not run his f'n mouth on ESPN.

Clark is a great guy, I love the dude, he's just so high spirited it's crazy, but he doesn't deserve to be on the field anymore. I don't even think he gives a crap about how the Steelers perform anymore because he's already got his life after football lined up. For the guys that don't, this sh** matters!

a tad dramatic don't you think???

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have a hard time cutting Clark. He's given a lot physically to the team. Plus, there are two young safeties on the roster who have benefited from his experience and knowledge. Let him play out the year and ride off into the sunset.
treat88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I would have a hard time cutting Clark. He's given a lot physically to the team. Plus, there are two young safeties on the roster who have benefited from his experience and knowledge. Let him play out the year and ride off into the sunset.

I agree.

He needs to be doing his mentoring from the bench at this point tho.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

a tad dramatic don't you think???

No, I don't think so. Have you watched the guy play this season? He's all nice and spiffy in his high priced suits talkin it up about the truobles with other teams and successes with other teams while he isn't owning up to the troubles he is causing with his own team and he isn't doing anything to help his own team succeed.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark does not deserve to be cut. It would be a huge message however to start somewhere over him. ESPN talk show worthy material. Regardless his knowledge value is immeasurable for the rest of this year and there are few options in the NFL that would be better as a back up safety, (Mundy, W. Allen? etc)

Some ding of sorts to sideline him may be a convenient occurrence.

...you have a forum resume?
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Some ding of sorts to sideline him may be a convenient occurrence.

His play yesterday should be all that's needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: