Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Donald
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rednblackblood1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Aaron Donald Reply with quote

Aaron Donald, DT out of Pitt. He's the current active sack leader in the FBS. He's not a 300-pounder but he's a really good prospect. What do you guys think about him?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too small, good college player but probably wont amount too much in the pros.
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Nikita Whitlock? 5-11, 250 pounds of 100% beef.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. Both are way to undersized for the pros. I would take Donald very late if I were a straight 34 team. He might be able to play the 5 tech, maybe, Whitlock has no position with that size, other than fullback.

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

way too small? Aaron Donald is 285 pounds... the same size Jonathan Babineaux played at the first 6 years of his career. Size isn't the issue with the defensive line. And honestly, Peters and Babineaux have been playing well. the issue with the defensive line is the edge. Though I'd be perfectly ok with taking Donald in the 3rd or 4th round to rotate in with Peters and a brought back Vance Walker.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT is not really a position of need for us. Ya it would be nice to get a space eating NT, but Babs/Peters/Jerry are all playing pretty good. Honestly we need a replacement at MLB or atleast competition for Dent. Not to mention a passrusher that will actually have an impact on the game.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
way too small? Aaron Donald is 285 pounds... the same size Jonathan Babineaux played at the first 6 years of his career. Size isn't the issue with the defensive line. And honestly, Peters and Babineaux have been playing well. the issue with the defensive line is the edge. Though I'd be perfectly ok with taking Donald in the 3rd or 4th round to rotate in with Peters and a brought back Vance Walker.

Nothing like dismissing the fact he is 6' on good day.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

nothing like dismissing the fact that height isn't a huge deal for defensive tackles. No one ever said this guy was the next big thing. But a good rotational guy, he's definitely that. And I'd reserve saying a guy is 6' on a good day until he actually measures at the combine. But then again, you love to assume stuff about players and then put down the rest of us for not thinking like you. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

nothing like dismissing the fact that height isn't a huge deal for defensive tackles. No one ever said this guy was the next big thing. But a good rotational guy, he's definitely that. And I'd reserve saying a guy is 6' on a good day until he actually measures at the combine. But then again, you love to assume stuff about players and then put down the rest of us for not thinking like you. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Please point out where I put you down. Seriously... ill wait.
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
DT is not really a position of need for us. Ya it would be nice to get a space eating NT, but Babs/Peters/Jerry are all playing pretty good. Honestly we need a replacement at MLB or atleast competition for Dent. Not to mention a passrusher that will actually have an impact on the game.
Babs, Peters, and Jerry are all free agents, so it depends on who is retained.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People also said Geno Atkins was undersized and the same with Jurell Casey from the Titans. Size is not a factor if you play with good technique and you're a natural football player. I would not take him too early but by all means he may be a good player.

Adopt-A-Falcon: JacQuizz Rodgers and Stansly Maponga
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

I'll take a 6' to 6'2 285 pound monster DT all day long. Rod Coleman was one of the best DT's we have ever had and was a straight up force against anyone he went against. 2 inches doesn't make that much of a difference on the line. Heck being a little shorter might even give him some leverage in position getting up under peoples shoulder pads and pushing them.

Not saying i want the dude as i haven't seen him play personally but to me size isn't the end all be all if you got talent.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

I'll take a 6' to 6'2 285 pound monster DT all day long. Rod Coleman was one of the best DT's we have ever had and was a straight up force against anyone he went against. 2 inches doesn't make that much of a difference on the line. Heck being a little shorter might even give him some leverage in position getting up under peoples shoulder pads and pushing them.

Not saying i want the dude as i haven't seen him play personally but to me size isn't the end all be all if you got talent.

as you said, Rod coleman was list at 6'2. Not seeing the relation.

As to Whitmire, whats a "natural" football player? AAnd good technique pnly gets you so far.
whitmire25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A natural football player is someone who may not be overly athletic, strong, or fast but when you put pads on them they make plays.

Adopt-A-Falcon: JacQuizz Rodgers and Stansly Maponga
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitmire25 wrote:
A natural football player is someone who may not be overly athletic, strong, or fast but when you put pads on them they make plays.

LOLOL, please don't feel like you have to explain yourself to that guy. Anyone with football knowledge knows what a
"natural football" player is under this theme.

And a natural football player is what you want when scouting. Yes, athleticism is more than great. And the cliche "you can't teach speed" is also true. But athleticism fades with time and it can def fade with injuries in the NFL. You need natural football players to get you over that hump.

Gimmick guys like (Trendon Holiday, Mike Vick, Cam Newton, Deshaun Jackson..etc) just to name a few are athletes. But they lacked that natural football instinct when they first came into the league for various reasons (Being how they were used in college or whether or not they were track and field stars..whatever) Eventually if a gimmick guy doesn't learn how to throw from the pocket or run routes...etc...He will fade out of the league. Natural football players tend to last longer in the NFL. That lunch pail guy like a "Rod Coleman" may not be flashy but he is integral in getting your team those W's. The Falcons don't have a lot of those kinds of players right now and their record shows it.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: