Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9- Good Guys vs. the most evil team in the world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has the biggest impact this week
Based Gordon
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Joe Haden
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Hornby Da Gawd
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Joe Flacco Remembers he's Joe Flacco and goes DA with 6 picks
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
BTW, ditch... do you still consider signing Campbell to be a horrible decision by the front office? Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Robertson has done way more then most UDFAs. So I can't hate him too much. But I really do hope we look at someone else in the offseason because he is clearly the weakest link of this D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Craig Robertson has done way more then most UDFAs. So I can't hate him too much. But I really do hope we look at someone else in the offseason because he is clearly the weakest link of this D

I'm with that--even if it's just somebody to push him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help explain something to me.
I was watching the game last night, and screaming at the TV because of the clock.
When it was 2nd and 13 with 2:00 left in the ballgame. We completed that shovel pass to Ogbonnaya for a 14 yard gain. There was a horse color and a 5 yard pentalty. Why did the clock stop?!?!? We had a completed pass and a defensive penalty?
If this is a rule that the clock stops on a defensive peanalty, then why don't teams just try and cause personal fouls when a team gets a first down and they know theyre just trying to run the clock down?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBrownsman wrote:
I was watching the game last night, and screaming at the TV because of the clock.
When it was 2nd and 13 with 2:00 left in the ballgame. We completed that shovel pass to Ogbonnaya for a 14 yard gain. There was a horse color and a 5 yard pentalty. Why did the clock stop?!?!? We had a completed pass and a defensive penalty?
If this is a rule that the clock stops on a defensive peanalty, then why don't teams just try and cause personal fouls when a team gets a first down and they know theyre just trying to run the clock down?

I can only assume it was an error. The clock should have stopped for the assessment on the penalty and then started up again when the ball was set right?
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:

I can only assume it was an error. The clock should have stopped for the assessment on the penalty and then started up again when the ball was set right?

Thats what i had thought. I don't understand how the sidelines didn't catch that. After that completed pass they should have been able to kneel on the ball and end the game, but because the clock didn't start back up we gave the ravens a chance to get the ball back. It could have made all the difference in the game...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Man I wish we drafted Robert Quinn

We got Phil Taylor instead. Im not sure we ended up with a worse player. Phil Taylor is the key to our defensive front 7.

Can you imagine if we had both?

And sick win. Greg Little stepped it up a bit. Stupid penalties but great game from him. We shut down Ray Rice for the first time ever i think. I hate playing him...

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Man I wish we drafted Robert Quinn

We got Phil Taylor instead. Im not sure we ended up with a worse player. Phil Taylor is the key to our defensive front 7.

Can you imagine if we had both?

And sick win. Greg Little stepped it up a bit. Stupid penalties but great game from him. We shut down Ray Rice for the first time ever i think. I hate playing him...

To be fair. Everyone has shut down ray rice this year. He's been terrible

We shut him down week 2 also for 36 yards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBrownsman wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
CBrownsman wrote:

Thats what i had thought. I don't understand how the sidelines didn't catch that. After that completed pass they should have been able to kneel on the ball and end the game, but because the clock didn't start back up we gave the ravens a chance to get the ball back. It could have made all the difference in the game...

Quote:
If the defensive team is behind in the score and commits a foul when it has no time outs left in the final 40 seconds of either half, the offensive team can decline the penalty for the foul and have the time on the clock expire.

From the Rules digest. I dont know if maybe that's the reason? Since we accepted the penalty the clock stopped?
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
From the Rules digest. I dont know if maybe that's the reason? Since we accepted the penalty the clock stopped?

Correct. If we would've declined the penalty, we could've opted to keep the clock running.

Either way, it was the right call to accept the yards and stop the clock. More points were almost as valuable as running down the clock.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Correct. If we would've declined the penalty, we could've opted to keep the clock running.

Either way, it was the right call to accept the yards and stop the clock. More points were almost as valuable as running down the clock.

I don't know that i agree with you here. With 2:00 left on the clock when the play started, the pass got us 14 yards and to the 9 yard line of baltimore (the clock hit 1:51 at the end of the play). If we would have declined the peanalty and let the clock run they would have put 25 seconds on the play clock? and the clock would have been able to run down from 1:51 to 1:27 when we snapped the next play. Assuming another run and another 5 seconds get run off the clock, baltimore would have been able to call a timeout (better to call it with 40 seconds on the play clock then 25) leaving us 2nd and 9 at the 9 (assuming no gain) with 1:22 left on the clock. Then if we ran the next play taking 5 seconds off the clock the, the 40 second play clock would start at 1:17. At that point we snap the next play at 40 seconds, kneel on the ball, and end the game.

If you accept the 5 yards you have the chance to score the ball and possibly end the game without them getting the ball back.

If you decline the 5 yards, you end the game without giving them any chance to get the ball back.

You would want to decline the 5 yards every time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBrownsman wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

I don't know that i agree with you here. With 2:00 left on the clock when the play started, the pass got us 14 yards and to the 9 yard line of baltimore (the clock hit 1:51 at the end of the play). If we would have declined the peanalty and let the clock run they would have put 25 seconds on the play clock? and the clock would have been able to run down from 1:51 to 1:27 when we snapped the next play. Assuming another run and another 5 seconds get run off the clock, baltimore would have been able to call a timeout (better to call it with 40 seconds on the play clock then 25) leaving us 2nd and 9 at the 9 (assuming no gain) with 1:22 left on the clock. Then if we ran the next play taking 5 seconds off the clock the, the 40 second play clock would start at 1:17. At that point we snap the next play at 40 seconds, kneel on the ball, and end the game.

If you accept the 5 yards you have the chance to score the ball and possibly end the game without them getting the ball back.

If you decline the 5 yards, you end the game without giving them any chance to get the ball back.

You would want to decline the 5 yards every time.

I was thinking we were further back than that. You're right. If we were at the 9, we should have declined the penalty.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason why we shouldn't be 7-5 four weeks from now.

Jamison on the sig
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

Jax and Pit are terrible. We could easily be 7-5 going into the rest of the season with Chi, NE, NYJ and Pit left. IF we want to have any chance at the wild card spot NYJ is a must win game.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Tully305

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Jax and Pit are terrible. We could easily be 7-5 going into the rest of the season with Chi, NE, NYJ and Pit left. IF we want to have any chance at the wild card spot NYJ is a must win game.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Knowing our luck, Cribbs will return 3 TDs for the Jets in that game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: