Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Bears trade McClellin to a 3-4 team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Did nick perry play today? srs
No. If he did though he wouldve had a million kagillion sacks because he plays for GB and they're the bestest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:


I think McClellin would be terrible in a 3-4 because he's a terrible pass rusher. Nobody has any use for an OLB in a 3-4 that can't get after the QB.

I also never said Perry or Coples are better in pass coverage, I said they're more experienced with it at the pro level which is 100% true.

Clay has obviously taken reps at LOLB, but that's almost always situationally, based on a particular match up we're trying to exploit.
The experience that Perry and Coples have in coverage doesnt compare or matter because neither is good at it. Definitely not Coples. You have to start using common sense. McClellin is also a much more fluid athlete then either. Especially Coples again.

I believe Clay played primarily at LOLB earlier in his career. Not sure if you're going to try and say they only asked him to be a power rusher when doing so but they didnt just so you know.

The things you're saying are stupid and you seem like a Packers homer.


Sure, maybe McClellin is better in coverage. Why does it matter? none of these guys are covering much. On passing downs, they're going after the QB the vast majority of the time. It doesn't matter if Perry can cover or not, he's only rarely asked to. Upgrading that aspect of the LOLB spot is moronic if it comes at the cost of downgrading the pass rush. There is minimal difference between Perry's position and McClellin's position when the Bears play in the Nickel. The difference is, Perry isn't so bad at his position that the Packer fan base is looking to give up on Perry.

Clay has always been primarily a ROLB. That's been his position since his rookie year. That's always been his primary position. Julius Peppers takes reps at LDE at times, that doesn't mean he's a left end.

The irony of calling me a homer in this situation is hilarious. I don't think you realize how absurd your suggestion was. Why would teams trade good young players for a bust? Perry was on pace for a 9 sack season before he got hurt. McClellin is currently on track for a 1 sack season.
No Matthews was not always a ROLB. For almost 2 years he was primarily a LOLB. Again the things you're saying are wrong and you clearly dont know what you're talking about. You're the one saying that Perry and Coples are better and using the reasons of having more experience in coverage at the NFL level and being more athletic. No one is saying that Perry hasnt been a better pass rusher. What Perry was on pace for after only playing a few games isnt really relevant. He has to stay healthy.


I'm wrong, in 2011, Matthews played more LOLB. That's true. He is still a Right Outside Linebacker and has been for the vast majority of his career. In 2011 he was playing there because there was a complete and total lack of ability on the roster. The scrubs playing there weren't pushing the pocket. We took the loss in the overall scheme to generate more pressure from one direction. You'll notice that's the year his sacks went way down and the year our defense sucked. Nobody was pushing the pocket. Since then, Clay has played the vast majority of his snaps at ROLB.

The reason that Coples and Perry being more experienced in coverage matters is because they're familiar with playing in the system. Nobody wants to reteach a guy a system, especially one who isn't any good. Giving up a talented player for a scrub who doesn't know the system at all makes literally no sense.

And seriously, if McClellin maintained his pace for this year and Perry didn't come back, he would still have more sacks than McClellin. McClellin is horrible.

Answer the question:

Do you think McClellin would have any more success rushing the passer as a 3-4 OLB?
Coples has what, a few games of experience playing OLB in his career. Perry less then 16 games. You clearly arent a smart person and dont know what you're talking about. Good luck with your logic.


Coples got reps at OLB last year. He wasn't exclusively a 5 or 3 technique. As for Perry, why does it matter, both guys have been in their system for two training camps, two seasons and an offseason. They clearly know their systems at this point, even if they're not seeing the field. By your logic Kasheem Greene doesn't know the Bears system at all for Monday night.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, if you think your trades are anything close to reasonable, put something up on the general board and see the response. You're going to get ridiculed.
That unathletic horrible pass rusher went off from 4 sacks and multiple hurries today as well as playing very well against the run.

Is that something that GB would like to have? Just curious if you're willing to come back to this thread?


I'll absolutely come back to this thread, and no, I still don't want him.

The sack on the Rodgers injury, he got completely blocked and only got the sack when Rodgers broke contain.

I'm not sure if the sack was attributed to him or Peppers where Wallace randomly ran out of bounds wasn't impressive. That should have been an obvious throw away but Seneca Wallace sucks.

Then the last play of the game where he got pushed completely around the pocket and got the sack after six seconds wasn't impressive either. He got blocked.

I give him credit for being opportunistic and playing with a high motor to make those plays, but those aren't the sort of sacks that a guy consistently gets.

I have never seen a player consistently back pedal while playing quarterback like Wallace did tonight. It was absolutely baffling. If Rodgers was in there, you would see him step up into the pocket, and McClellin would get pushed past the pocket as he has done in every other game of his career since he graduated from high school.
Nothing but excuses. He dominated today for 4 sacks and in the run game. You're clearly just showing your ignorance and/or lack of knowledge.


Please explain how I'm showing my ignorance? Do you disagree with my assessment of his sacks?

And how did he dominate in the run game? Lacy and Starks both averaged 7 yards per carry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LaxBroBearsFan


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Did nick perry play today? srs
No. If he did though he wouldve had a million kagillion sacks because he plays for GB and they're the bestest.


LOL i bet you if the draft had gone as "planned" (ie. followed the internet's mock drafts) and GB had landed Shea....he would have put this game on his shoulders and taken the bears for 8 sacks 2 FF and maybe even a pick 6.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Did nick perry play today? srs
No. If he did though he wouldve had a million kagillion sacks because he plays for GB and they're the bestest.


It's almost like you're trying to be funny, I just can't tell for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4172
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Greene seems to be a good poster I don't think he's the typical bias fan....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:


I think McClellin would be terrible in a 3-4 because he's a terrible pass rusher. Nobody has any use for an OLB in a 3-4 that can't get after the QB.

I also never said Perry or Coples are better in pass coverage, I said they're more experienced with it at the pro level which is 100% true.

Clay has obviously taken reps at LOLB, but that's almost always situationally, based on a particular match up we're trying to exploit.
The experience that Perry and Coples have in coverage doesnt compare or matter because neither is good at it. Definitely not Coples. You have to start using common sense. McClellin is also a much more fluid athlete then either. Especially Coples again.

I believe Clay played primarily at LOLB earlier in his career. Not sure if you're going to try and say they only asked him to be a power rusher when doing so but they didnt just so you know.

The things you're saying are stupid and you seem like a Packers homer.


Sure, maybe McClellin is better in coverage. Why does it matter? none of these guys are covering much. On passing downs, they're going after the QB the vast majority of the time. It doesn't matter if Perry can cover or not, he's only rarely asked to. Upgrading that aspect of the LOLB spot is moronic if it comes at the cost of downgrading the pass rush. There is minimal difference between Perry's position and McClellin's position when the Bears play in the Nickel. The difference is, Perry isn't so bad at his position that the Packer fan base is looking to give up on Perry.

Clay has always been primarily a ROLB. That's been his position since his rookie year. That's always been his primary position. Julius Peppers takes reps at LDE at times, that doesn't mean he's a left end.

The irony of calling me a homer in this situation is hilarious. I don't think you realize how absurd your suggestion was. Why would teams trade good young players for a bust? Perry was on pace for a 9 sack season before he got hurt. McClellin is currently on track for a 1 sack season.
No Matthews was not always a ROLB. For almost 2 years he was primarily a LOLB. Again the things you're saying are wrong and you clearly dont know what you're talking about. You're the one saying that Perry and Coples are better and using the reasons of having more experience in coverage at the NFL level and being more athletic. No one is saying that Perry hasnt been a better pass rusher. What Perry was on pace for after only playing a few games isnt really relevant. He has to stay healthy.


I'm wrong, in 2011, Matthews played more LOLB. That's true. He is still a Right Outside Linebacker and has been for the vast majority of his career. In 2011 he was playing there because there was a complete and total lack of ability on the roster. The scrubs playing there weren't pushing the pocket. We took the loss in the overall scheme to generate more pressure from one direction. You'll notice that's the year his sacks went way down and the year our defense sucked. Nobody was pushing the pocket. Since then, Clay has played the vast majority of his snaps at ROLB.

The reason that Coples and Perry being more experienced in coverage matters is because they're familiar with playing in the system. Nobody wants to reteach a guy a system, especially one who isn't any good. Giving up a talented player for a scrub who doesn't know the system at all makes literally no sense.

And seriously, if McClellin maintained his pace for this year and Perry didn't come back, he would still have more sacks than McClellin. McClellin is horrible.

Answer the question:

Do you think McClellin would have any more success rushing the passer as a 3-4 OLB?
Coples has what, a few games of experience playing OLB in his career. Perry less then 16 games. You clearly arent a smart person and dont know what you're talking about. Good luck with your logic.


Coples got reps at OLB last year. He wasn't exclusively a 5 or 3 technique. As for Perry, why does it matter, both guys have been in their system for two training camps, two seasons and an offseason. They clearly know their systems at this point, even if they're not seeing the field. By your logic Kasheem Greene doesn't know the Bears system at all for Monday night.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, if you think your trades are anything close to reasonable, put something up on the general board and see the response. You're going to get ridiculed.
That unathletic horrible pass rusher went off from 4 sacks and multiple hurries today as well as playing very well against the run.

Is that something that GB would like to have? Just curious if you're willing to come back to this thread?


I'll absolutely come back to this thread, and no, I still don't want him.

The sack on the Rodgers injury, he got completely blocked and only got the sack when Rodgers broke contain.

I'm not sure if the sack was attributed to him or Peppers where Wallace randomly ran out of bounds wasn't impressive. That should have been an obvious throw away but Seneca Wallace sucks.

Then the last play of the game where he got pushed completely around the pocket and got the sack after six seconds wasn't impressive either. He got blocked.

I give him credit for being opportunistic and playing with a high motor to make those plays, but those aren't the sort of sacks that a guy consistently gets.

I have never seen a player consistently back pedal while playing quarterback like Wallace did tonight. It was absolutely baffling. If Rodgers was in there, you would see him step up into the pocket, and McClellin would get pushed past the pocket as he has done in every other game of his career since he graduated from high school.
Nothing but excuses. He dominated today for 4 sacks and in the run game. You're clearly just showing your ignorance and/or lack of knowledge.


Please explain how I'm showing my ignorance? Do you disagree with my assessment of his sacks?

And how did he dominate in the run game? Lacy and Starks both averaged 7 yards per carry.
It's ignorant when you say things that are completely false and act like they're true. It's ignorance or you don't understand football. No I dont agree. Disengaging from blocks and showing elite closing speed is a great skill. Rodgers is a very mobile QB and McClellin was able to get him down. The sack on the scramble was Peppers fault for losing contain but McClellin and Pep showed great speed to close against a very mobile QB. McClellin showed great speed to get around your RT and get off the block to get his 3rd sack. That spin move on his 4th sack was a fantastic move. McClellin was great against the run. Your big runs were because our LBs werent gap disciplined. Not his fault.

If you continue to think he cant play OLB in a 3-4. If he a horrible pass rusher. He's less athletic and worse in coverage then Coples then yes you are ignorant but you're saying something that every reasonable person knows to be false.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Alex Greene seems to be a good poster I don't think he's the typical bias fan....


Thanks, I'm trying to discern if it's worth arguing with him further. You know this board better than I do. Any chance this turns productive or am I better off jumping ship on this one like you have to do with NBT or KOS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Alex Greene seems to be a good poster I don't think he's the typical bias fan....
Maybe but this thread is clearly showing otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Please explain how I'm showing my ignorance? Do you disagree with my assessment of his sacks?

And how did he dominate in the run game? Lacy and Starks both averaged 7 yards per carry.
It's ignorant when you say things that are completely false and act like they're true. It's ignorance or you don't understand football. No I dont agree. Disengaging from blocks and showing elite closing speed is a great skill. Rodgers is a very mobile QB and McClellin was able to get him down. The sack on the scramble was Peppers fault for losing contain but McClellin and Pep showed great speed to close against a very mobile QB. McClellin showed great speed to get around your RT and get off the block to get his 3rd sack. That spin move on his 4th sack was a fantastic move. McClellin was great against the run. Your big runs were because our LBs werent gap disciplined. Not his fault.

If you continue to think he cant play OLB in a 3-4. If he a horrible pass rusher. He's less athletic and worse in coverage then Coples then yes you are ignorant but you're saying something that every reasonable person knows to be false.


Disengaging from a block when a blocker is between yourself and the ball carrier is impressive. Disengaging from a block when you are between the ball carrier and the blocker is not impressive at all. It is literally as easy as turning around.

What year do you think it is? Wallace isn't an extremely mobile QB. He's 33 years old. Closing on Seneca Wallace in 2005 would have been impressive, closing on Seneca Wallace in 2013 is really not, especially as he's looking downfield rather than looking to run. The fact that he didn't throw the ball away is lulz worthy.

The third and fourth sacks weren't even impressive (against the back up too, for the record). That spin move had him way upfield. If Seneca Wallace had the pocket presence god blessed a 6th grader with, he would have stepped up into the pocket rather than scrambling backwards like a moron. Nobody in the NFL does that. It is one of the most basic aspects of playing football and Wallace just seemed to completely forget it.

There were several big runs to the outside that happened because Wallace got washed out. Blaming the entire disastrous run defense against the linebackers is a cop out. The entire front seven got pushed around on running plays.

I stand by that he's a horrible pass rusher.

I never once said that he is worse in coverage than Quinton Coples.

Why do you say that he is more athletic than Coples? I would think at best you call it a draw.


Last edited by AlexGreen#20 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2249
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Alex Greene seems to be a good poster I don't think he's the typical bias fan....


Thanks, I'm trying to discern if it's worth arguing with him further. You know this board better than I do. Any chance this turns productive or am I better off jumping ship on this one like you have to do with NBT or KOS?


I'm just yet to see won Packers fan say strait up.. we lost without an excuse. Becuase we all know excuses are like...
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TexasBearsFan


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 1240
Location: Waco, TX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be that guy but lets pump the breaks on McClellen a little, ok? This was the first game in his career that he's ever done anything. Hopefully he'll use this as a springboard and gain some more confidence and start playing well on a regular basis, but one good game isn't enough for me to start singing his praise.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Alex Greene seems to be a good poster I don't think he's the typical bias fan....


Thanks, I'm trying to discern if it's worth arguing with him further. You know this board better than I do. Any chance this turns productive or am I better off jumping ship on this one like you have to do with NBT or KOS?


I'm just yet to see won Packers fan say strait up.. we lost without an excuse. Becuase we all know excuses are like...


Quote:
Major props to the Bears on the win, a division win is a division win, congratulations.

For the record though, here's the injury list for the Packers. If you honestly look at it, it's pretty grotesque and there's a reason a lot of Packer fans are using it as an excuse.

#1 QB
#1 RB (Dujuan Harris was penciled in as the starter in preseason, not really a big deal but for the sake of being complete)
#1 TE
#1 WR
#3 WR (I know Jones played, but he looked like he could barely move)
#1 LT
#1 RG

#1 NT
#1 OLB
#2 OLB
#4 OLB
#3 ILB
#5 ILB

That's a really bad list. The lack of a pass rush was especially brutal.

I said this in the other thread, FWIW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Please explain how I'm showing my ignorance? Do you disagree with my assessment of his sacks?

And how did he dominate in the run game? Lacy and Starks both averaged 7 yards per carry.
It's ignorant when you say things that are completely false and act like they're true. It's ignorance or you don't understand football. No I dont agree. Disengaging from blocks and showing elite closing speed is a great skill. Rodgers is a very mobile QB and McClellin was able to get him down. The sack on the scramble was Peppers fault for losing contain but McClellin and Pep showed great speed to close against a very mobile QB. McClellin showed great speed to get around your RT and get off the block to get his 3rd sack. That spin move on his 4th sack was a fantastic move. McClellin was great against the run. Your big runs were because our LBs werent gap disciplined. Not his fault.

If you continue to think he cant play OLB in a 3-4. If he a horrible pass rusher. He's less athletic and worse in coverage then Coples then yes you are ignorant but you're saying something that every reasonable person knows to be false.


Disengaging from a block when a blocker is between yourself and the ball carrier is impressive. Disengaging from a block when you are between the ball carrier and the blocker is not impressive at all. It is literally as easy as turning around.

What year do you think it is? Wallace isn't an extremely mobile QB. He's 33 years old. Closing on Seneca Wallace in 2005 would have been impressive, closing on Seneca Wallace in 2013 is really not, especially as he's looking downfield rather than looking to run. The fact that he didn't throw the ball away is lulz worthy.

The third and fourth sacks weren't even impressive (against the back up too, for the record). That spin move had him way upfield. If Seneca Wallace had the pocket presence god blessed a 6th grader with, he would have stepped up into the pocket rather than scrambling backwards like a moron. Nobody in the NFL does that. It is one of the most basic aspects of playing football and Wallace just seemed to completely forget it.

There were several big runs to the outside that happened because Wallace got washed out. Blaming the entire disastrous run defense against the linebackers is a cop out. The entire front seven got pushed around on running plays.

I stand by that he's a horrible pass rusher.

I never once said that he is worse in coverage than Quinton Coples.

Why do you say that he is more athletic than Coples? I would think at best you call it a draw.
I watched every single play and rewinded most plays multiple times. Which plays did McClellin not do his job against the run?

No it's not a draw. Not even close and I'm basing that on watching both of them play football and also there workout numbers. McClellin has also played a lot of coverage in college and excelled at it. Coples never has.

This is what you said:

Perry is a better pass rusher, better against the run, more experienced in coverage at the NFL level and significantly more athletic. He's also a much better fit for what we're looking for out of our LOLB spot.

Much the same with Coples.

Those comments are also untrue. Not only would I say that Perry is not significantly more athletic. I would say McClellin is a much more fluid athlete. That's probably the reason so many Packers fan wanted McClellin in the draft to play the exact position Perry is playing. Why do you think that was?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Please explain how I'm showing my ignorance? Do you disagree with my assessment of his sacks?

And how did he dominate in the run game? Lacy and Starks both averaged 7 yards per carry.
It's ignorant when you say things that are completely false and act like they're true. It's ignorance or you don't understand football. No I dont agree. Disengaging from blocks and showing elite closing speed is a great skill. Rodgers is a very mobile QB and McClellin was able to get him down. The sack on the scramble was Peppers fault for losing contain but McClellin and Pep showed great speed to close against a very mobile QB. McClellin showed great speed to get around your RT and get off the block to get his 3rd sack. That spin move on his 4th sack was a fantastic move. McClellin was great against the run. Your big runs were because our LBs werent gap disciplined. Not his fault.

If you continue to think he cant play OLB in a 3-4. If he a horrible pass rusher. He's less athletic and worse in coverage then Coples then yes you are ignorant but you're saying something that every reasonable person knows to be false.


Disengaging from a block when a blocker is between yourself and the ball carrier is impressive. Disengaging from a block when you are between the ball carrier and the blocker is not impressive at all. It is literally as easy as turning around.

What year do you think it is? Wallace isn't an extremely mobile QB. He's 33 years old. Closing on Seneca Wallace in 2005 would have been impressive, closing on Seneca Wallace in 2013 is really not, especially as he's looking downfield rather than looking to run. The fact that he didn't throw the ball away is lulz worthy.

The third and fourth sacks weren't even impressive (against the back up too, for the record). That spin move had him way upfield. If Seneca Wallace had the pocket presence god blessed a 6th grader with, he would have stepped up into the pocket rather than scrambling backwards like a moron. Nobody in the NFL does that. It is one of the most basic aspects of playing football and Wallace just seemed to completely forget it.

There were several big runs to the outside that happened because Wallace got washed out. Blaming the entire disastrous run defense against the linebackers is a cop out. The entire front seven got pushed around on running plays.

I stand by that he's a horrible pass rusher.

I never once said that he is worse in coverage than Quinton Coples.

Why do you say that he is more athletic than Coples? I would think at best you call it a draw.
I watched every single play and rewinded most plays multiple times. Which plays did McClellin not do his job against the run?

No it's not a draw. Not even close and I'm basing that on watching both of them play football and also there workout numbers. McClellin has also played a lot of coverage in college and excelled at it. Coples never has.

This is what you said:

Perry is a better pass rusher, better against the run, more experienced in coverage at the NFL level and significantly more athletic. He's also a much better fit for what we're looking for out of our LOLB spot.

Much the same with Coples.

Those comments are also untrue. Not only would I say that Perry is not significantly more athletic. I would say McClellin is a much more fluid athlete. That's probably the reason so many Packers fan wanted McClellin in the draft to play the exact position Perry is playing. Why do you think that was?


Forgive me for not believing you on only your assurances that you went back and watched every play multiple times. Assuming you knew what the hell you were doing, that would almost assuredly take longer than the game has been over for, much less since this debate has been taking place. The Packers ran the ball 29 times tonight.

What's the difference in Coples' and McClellin's athleticism?

McClellin was .07 seconds faster in the 40.
Coples put up 6 more reps on the bench with longer arms.
They had identical vertical leaps
McClellin was 9 inches better on his broad jump
McClellin was .45 seconds better on his 20 shuttle
McClellin was .5 seconds better on his 3 cone.
Coples is 25 pounds heavier and 3 inches taller.

Looks pretty close to me. McClellin is quicker and changes direction better, Coples is stronger and more explosive. I'll always take the more explosive guy when the change of direction guy isn't particularly good at being a change of direction guy.

As for Perry, jesus do you even want to do this? Perry is a FREAK athletically. He's the Lamborghini of explosive athletes.

As for why people wanted McClellin over Perry, most everybody on the Packer forum didn't. People thought it made sense because they were told by morons like Keiper and McShay that it made sense. Obviously the teams disagreed.

I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said anybody is better in coverage than anybody.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5635
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Please explain how I'm showing my ignorance? Do you disagree with my assessment of his sacks?

And how did he dominate in the run game? Lacy and Starks both averaged 7 yards per carry.
It's ignorant when you say things that are completely false and act like they're true. It's ignorance or you don't understand football. No I dont agree. Disengaging from blocks and showing elite closing speed is a great skill. Rodgers is a very mobile QB and McClellin was able to get him down. The sack on the scramble was Peppers fault for losing contain but McClellin and Pep showed great speed to close against a very mobile QB. McClellin showed great speed to get around your RT and get off the block to get his 3rd sack. That spin move on his 4th sack was a fantastic move. McClellin was great against the run. Your big runs were because our LBs werent gap disciplined. Not his fault.

If you continue to think he cant play OLB in a 3-4. If he a horrible pass rusher. He's less athletic and worse in coverage then Coples then yes you are ignorant but you're saying something that every reasonable person knows to be false.


Disengaging from a block when a blocker is between yourself and the ball carrier is impressive. Disengaging from a block when you are between the ball carrier and the blocker is not impressive at all. It is literally as easy as turning around.

What year do you think it is? Wallace isn't an extremely mobile QB. He's 33 years old. Closing on Seneca Wallace in 2005 would have been impressive, closing on Seneca Wallace in 2013 is really not, especially as he's looking downfield rather than looking to run. The fact that he didn't throw the ball away is lulz worthy.

The third and fourth sacks weren't even impressive (against the back up too, for the record). That spin move had him way upfield. If Seneca Wallace had the pocket presence god blessed a 6th grader with, he would have stepped up into the pocket rather than scrambling backwards like a moron. Nobody in the NFL does that. It is one of the most basic aspects of playing football and Wallace just seemed to completely forget it.

There were several big runs to the outside that happened because Wallace got washed out. Blaming the entire disastrous run defense against the linebackers is a cop out. The entire front seven got pushed around on running plays.

I stand by that he's a horrible pass rusher.

I never once said that he is worse in coverage than Quinton Coples.

Why do you say that he is more athletic than Coples? I would think at best you call it a draw.
I watched every single play and rewinded most plays multiple times. Which plays did McClellin not do his job against the run?

No it's not a draw. Not even close and I'm basing that on watching both of them play football and also there workout numbers. McClellin has also played a lot of coverage in college and excelled at it. Coples never has.

This is what you said:

Perry is a better pass rusher, better against the run, more experienced in coverage at the NFL level and significantly more athletic. He's also a much better fit for what we're looking for out of our LOLB spot.

Much the same with Coples.

Those comments are also untrue. Not only would I say that Perry is not significantly more athletic. I would say McClellin is a much more fluid athlete. That's probably the reason so many Packers fan wanted McClellin in the draft to play the exact position Perry is playing. Why do you think that was?


Forgive me for not believing you on only your assurances that you went back and watched every play multiple times. Assuming you knew what the hell you were doing, that would almost assuredly take longer than the game has been over for, much less since this debate has been taking place. The Packers ran the ball 29 times tonight.

What's the difference in Coples' and McClellin's athleticism?

McClellin was .07 seconds faster in the 40.
Coples put up 6 more reps on the bench with longer arms.
They had identical vertical leaps
McClellin was 9 inches better on his broad jump
McClellin was .45 seconds better on his 20 shuttle
McClellin was .5 seconds better on his 3 cone.
Coples is 25 pounds heavier and 3 inches taller.

Looks pretty close to me. McClellin is quicker and changes direction better, Coples is stronger and more explosive.

As for Perry, jesus do you even want to do this? Perry is a FREAK athletically. He's the Lamborghini of explosive athletes.

As for why people wanted McClellin over Perry, most everybody on the Packer forum didn't. People thought it made sense because they were told by morons like Keiper and McShay that it made sense. Obviously the teams disagreed.
That's my point. You think those numbers are close and they're actually very very different. .45 and .5 are big differences. Bench press numbers have nothing to do with athletic ability. You weren't given a chance to disagree.

And yes for almost 3 quarters I rewinded every play on D. Halftime makes up for all of that. Looking for McClellin and our LBs. Again it's nothing but ignorance to say I didn't when you have no idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group