Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Bears trade McClellin to a 3-4 team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaxBroBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

I think a lot of that comes down to what a team is looking for. Perry turns like a battleship, but that doesn't mean he's not a good pass rusher. God forbid he ever puts together a counter move to go with that bull rush. He's productive as a one trick pony, get him another trick and you're looking at a helluva player when you take into account his run defense. Obviously there's no guarantee that he ever finds that other trick, and he's had issues staying healthy, but I think Packer fans are rightfully optimistic.

Look no further than the topic....or the millions of bears fan posts about switching to a 3-4 D so "save McClellins career"...scheme wise it certainly seems as tho Perry would have been a better fit in Chicago and Shea in GB (and in all honestly i really liked him in the draft after chandler jones (how do you not draft Bones Jones and Arthur Jones kid brother is BEYOND me but completely irrelevant right now))... trying to tie this all together....i certainly cant admit i see what they were looking for in McClellin but between Lovie and especially Rod, i have a ton of faith McClellin will be a baller.

They both seem to be one trick ponies at the moment...with great athleticism..

Forgive me for my ignorance, what do you consider to be McClellin's one trick. I'll admit that I completely hated McClellin as a player in college and it was pretty much my greatest fear that the Packers would draft him. Little he's done in the pros has changed my mind, so I was curious about what you guys who watch him weekly view his strengths to be?

From what ive seen and gathered....Shea really only has his speed. We saw one spin move tonight...but generally speaking he relies on his speed. and if that fails him he gets mauled by OTs...just my opinion tho

From what I've seen, and quite a bit of boxscore scouting, it doesn't really look like the speed is working for him (with the exception of tonight which I stand by was a whole lot of luck). Is it a situation where he's racking up pressures and not getting sacks or is it a situation where you're hoping it's one trick because you spent a first on the guy and your really hoping he's productive?

LOL dude i just said he gets mauled by OTs..... i certainly cant deny he lacks consistency but he has flashed (a couple times at least haha) some serious speed of the edge. so if he was to have 1 trick...id call it his speed rush....you can say hes a trick less pony and call me a homer if it makes you feel better lol
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

I think a lot of that comes down to what a team is looking for. Perry turns like a battleship, but that doesn't mean he's not a good pass rusher. God forbid he ever puts together a counter move to go with that bull rush. He's productive as a one trick pony, get him another trick and you're looking at a helluva player when you take into account his run defense. Obviously there's no guarantee that he ever finds that other trick, and he's had issues staying healthy, but I think Packer fans are rightfully optimistic.

Look no further than the topic....or the millions of bears fan posts about switching to a 3-4 D so "save McClellins career"...scheme wise it certainly seems as tho Perry would have been a better fit in Chicago and Shea in GB (and in all honestly i really liked him in the draft after chandler jones (how do you not draft Bones Jones and Arthur Jones kid brother is BEYOND me but completely irrelevant right now))... trying to tie this all together....i certainly cant admit i see what they were looking for in McClellin but between Lovie and especially Rod, i have a ton of faith McClellin will be a baller.

Forgive me for my ignorance, what do you consider to be McClellin's one trick. I'll admit that I completely hated McClellin as a player in college and it was pretty much my greatest fear that the Packers would draft him. Little he's done in the pros has changed my mind, so I was curious about what you guys who watch him weekly view his strengths to be?

From what ive seen and gathered....Shea really only has his speed. We saw one spin move tonight...but generally speaking he relies on his speed. and if that fails him he gets mauled by OTs...just my opinion tho

From what I've seen, and quite a bit of boxscore scouting, it doesn't really look like the speed is working for him (with the exception of tonight which I stand by was a whole lot of luck). Is it a situation where he's racking up pressures and not getting sacks or is it a situation where you're hoping it's one trick because you spent a first on the guy and your really hoping he's productive?

LOL dude i just said he gets mauled by OTs..... i certainly cant deny he lacks consistency but he has flashed (a couple times at least haha) some serious speed of the edge. so if he was to have 1 trick...id call it his speed rush....you can say hes a trick less pony and call me a homer if it makes you feel better lol

Alright, glad somebody's willing to admit it. DaMike seems to think he's on his way to Canton. Laughing

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the Bears coaching staff over the years. Thank God Jerry Angelo couldn't draft worth a damn.
LaxBroBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Alright, glad somebody's willing to admit it. DaMike seems to think he's on his way to Canton. Laughing

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the Bears coaching staff over the years. Thank God Jerry Angelo couldn't draft worth a damn.

.....we dont use that name around here. JA was....the best thing that ever happened to the packers and the rest of the NFCN...
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

.....we dont use that name around here. JA was....the best thing that ever happened to the packers and the rest of the NFCN...

Yeah, next time you want to get really depressed, compare the Bears 2010-2012 draft classes with the Packers UDFA classes.

It's a shame he was so bad at his job that he got Lovie fired. I'm sure you guys are thrilled to have Trestman, but I do feel Lovie got the shaft because JA couldn't find talent during the pro bowl.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone listen to 780AM around 11:30 PM after the game? If so, you probably heard me ask about Shea McClellin, haha

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: