Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Jets are still in it but!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: The Jets are still in it but! Reply with quote

Okay, here we are 8 games into the season and the Jets are at 4-4.
While I would like to see them bounce back and win against N.O.
Its not life or death.

I believe the Jets have a legitimate shot at the post season providing they don't implode.
But more specifically what I see are glaring needs at skill positions.
I've posted this once before (actually, years ago).

But the Jets don't need projects when drafting, let them go that route with UDFA.
So going into next year's draft I think we can get away with Colon at one of the OL spots.

Winters will mature and take over the starting job, not by default but because of his play and potential.

So I think we can come out of the draft without drafting an OL.
Unless its a player we would be sick not to draft.

I think its fairly obvious that we need skill players on the OL of the field, starting with WR and it is painfully obvious we have no legitimate TE.

CB now becomes a concern especially when Cro who was pretty much had a pro bowl season last year, now is rated one of the worse.

He's not getting any younger either.
Pass rusher has been a need for the Jets since Rex took over the Jets, and before that as well.

Theres still a bunch of improvement the Jets have to make in personnel.
Free Agency I'm sure can make the Jets much better, if we sign the right players.

While Simms is ok, the Jets need to add a legitimate QB who if Geno gets hurt or can't do the job, than he could come in bring stability to the team.

Now understand that how the Jets draft, be it WR,TE,OL, etc doesn't matter to me.
But they need to address the Offensive side of the ball, we are woefully undermanned and lacking in elite talent or good talent for that matter.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you didn't see sundays beating by the Bengals. No way are we a playoff team,We should only have two wins the other two wins were a gift. We are rebuilding this year and we are making progress. Right now we do not have the offensive to beat the good teams. But hang in there we are going in the right direction. The best we can hope for this year is a 8-8 record.
FrankJets

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
I guess you didn't see sundays beating by the Bengals. No way are we a playoff team,We should only have two wins the other two wins were a gift. We are rebuilding this year and we are making progress. Right now we do not have the offensive to beat the good teams. But hang in there we are going in the right direction. The best we can hope for this year is a 8-8 record.

The Jets can make the playoffs because the AFC Is really bad this year. The 4 top teams (Not in order) are Bengals, Indy, Denver, and KC. Then the AFC gets real bad. The Jets actually have a defense to beat the best teams out there. The offense is the problem. I expect though that Geno will get better after the bye week. The jets can make the playoffs because after the bye week, the schedule gets easy, and we can go 5-2. We have after the bye week:

At Buffalo- W
At Balt- L
Vs Mia-Win
Vs Oak-Win
At Car-L
Vs Cle-Win
Vs Mia-L

I have those as losses, but one of those games we can get a win. The others that are there, I see pretty easy wins. I think the Jets can win at Miami, or at Carolina.

That will put us 9-7, which is most likely enough to make the playoffs.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

The Jets can make the playoffs because the AFC Is really bad this year. The 4 top teams (Not in order) are Bengals, Indy, Denver, and KC. Then the AFC gets real bad. The Jets actually have a defense to beat the best teams out there. The offense is the problem. I expect though that Geno will get better after the bye week. The jets can make the playoffs because after the bye week, the schedule gets easy, and we can go 5-2. We have after the bye week:

At Buffalo- W
At Balt- L
Vs Mia-Win
Vs Oak-Win
At Car-L
Vs Cle-Win
Vs Mia-L

I have those as losses, but one of those games we can get a win. The others that are there, I see pretty easy wins. I think the Jets can win at Miami, or at Carolina.

That will put us 9-7, which is most likely enough to make the playoffs.

That's also estimating conservatively, if the Jets can find a way to play consistent and no give up so much against the pass we could win @ Miami, @ Carolina, & @ Baltimore. The latter of the two being run heavy teams that should bode well for us. That being said though I can see us losing any of these games due to our lack of consistent play but we should at least be in every game.
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playoffs are a distantly realistic possibility as nobody is really staking claim for the 6th wildcard spot yet. But honestly, don't be expecting it.

This team isn't good enough. Be happy we're exceeding preseason expectations greatly, it bodes well for the future. But our time definitely isn't now. This is year one of a rebuild.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Playoffs are a distantly realistic possibility as nobody is really staking claim for the 6th wildcard spot yet. But honestly, don't be expecting it.

This team isn't good enough. Be happy we're exceeding preseason expectations greatly, it bodes well for the future. But our time definitely isn't now. This is year one of a rebuild.

Agreed and to be honest it would probably benefit us greatly to have a top 15 pick this year. We need stud talent that starts to trail off after pick 15, at least at WR.
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schedule doesn't look terribly difficult but I'd actually like to see back-to-back wins before projecting playoffs.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll probably wind up falling short. No shame in that though as people expected us to be picking top 5.

Not sure how many studs there really are in this draft at the skill positions but there is alot of talent at WR for sure. There can be starting caliber guys into the 2nd and probably even into the third.

The studs might end after these three though
Evans
Watkins
Matthews

A top 15 picks should give us a chance at one of them though should we choose.

I'm very high on Beckham Jr. too who can be had in the 2nd probably.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not thinking playoffs this year. Especially with the Broncos or Chiefs for sure getting one of the WC spots, which leaves one WC spot or winning the division, which isn't far fetched but doubtful. What I do wanna see is growth from our young players over the 2nd half. Geno limiting his mistakes and the defense really shutting most offenses down. I see us as a 7-9 or 8-8 team more than likely, which should have us picking mid 1st round, hopefully Watkins or Evans make it to whatever pick we get.
sharpy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said at the start of the year that 6 wins would be a remarkable accomplishment. I stand by that and hope we can overcome that. I agree with the statements about our offensive needs but our secondary is deplorable IMO. This has to be addressed.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Jets are still in it but! Reply with quote

neauone wrote:

I think its fairly obvious that we need skill players on the OL of the field, starting with WR and it is painfully obvious we have no legitimate TE.

I think Cumberland is a legit TE. He had a serious injury and really is taking a nice step this year. If he can get completely healthy and keeps progressing, I see no reason why he can't start for this time. I agree that they need another TE to pair with him, but I'm comfortable with Cumberland; especially considering there are a few other areas where they really need an upgrade.

- Cliff Burton
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about Cumberland. He hasn't caught enough catchable balls this year for me to feel like we can count on him as anything more than a good #2 TE.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
I'm not sure about Cumberland. He hasn't caught enough catchable balls this year for me to feel like we can count on him as anything more than a good #2 TE.

That is what I see him as. I would love to pair him with a guy like Eric Ebron. Or we could just wait a year and draft Devin Funchess.
neauone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Not so crazy one huh? Reply with quote

Well the Jets won the game and it looks like this Jets team may surprise of so called EX-perts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: