Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears at Packers GDT (MNF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:

Thank you Ditka for the help last night .. Pure Gold Very Happy
Everyone who loves Ditka loves him even more today.
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:
Don't know if this image was already posted. But its brilliant.

Haha that's great. I'm actually surprised it took so long for someone to make those.

What was great was Gruden talking in the booth about Cheeseheads, then stating he wished he had a cheese grater hat. No more than 2 seconds later the image of those guys popped up on the screen. He was left speechless.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Anyone notice a ton of Bears fans at this game? I heard a lot of cheering when McCown threw his TDs...

Our homefield advantage sucks. All the people that have tickets are old and don't make any noise. Add in the bad weather and a lot of people will sell their tickets online. Good for your fans for buying them up.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Since when does the best depth in the NFL mean the best depth at every position???

If the Chiefs go undefeated does that mean they are the best at every position in the league?? The Packers do have the best depth in the NFL. You just saw an OL with our 2nd and 3rd string tackle, who had to move inside because he is our back-up guard and was replaced by our 4th string tackle, block for 200 yards rushing. AJ Hawk was our only starting LB able to play the last 4 weeks. We are the only NFL team to have 3 separate 100 yard rushers this year (not counting QBs), our 5th string WR had come in and played as well as most #1's in the league do. We've weathered injuries at every position group besides QB before this game and fought through.

The QB position, we do not have great depth, who knows maybe we do if Seneca plays well with a week of practice and prep. However, QB is the most important and complex position on the field and losing an MVP caliber QB is one thing that no team can overcome.
I am not convinced that having to play Wallace for a month(?) is going to sink your team. I think the Pack can limp into the playoffs and, with Rodgers returning, they cannot be counted out.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:

The Cheese Grater head is a stroke of genius. Best image of the night.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else surprised to find out/know that Josh McCown is 34?

Dude looks like he could have been drafted last April.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Anyone notice a ton of Bears fans at this game? I heard a lot of cheering when McCown threw his TDs...

Our homefield advantage sucks. All the people that have tickets are old and don't make any noise. Add in the bad weather and a lot of people will sell their tickets online. Good for your fans for buying them up.
Come to Soldier Field for a Packer game. There will be at least twice the percentage of fans rooting for the Pack as were fans rooting for the Bears last night. In dismal times even more.
Nads786

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I noticed the same thing at Solider Field during the NFC championship game (Packers fans in mass).

I think the Chiefs and Seahawks probably have the best HFA in the NFL right now.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Come to Soldier Field for a Packer game. There will be at least twice the percentage of fans rooting for the Pack as were fans rooting for the Bears last night. In dismal times even more.

I've been actually, Bears fans relatives brought me. I underestimated how bad the wind was and just about froze solid. Only good thing about it was that my cousin's friend (good looking gal had to have been only about 17 but I was 14 at the time and smitten) felt bad for me and kept hugging me and stuff.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaxBroBearsFan wrote:
What are your guys thoughts on Mel finally joining the team on the sideline?? I for one enjoyed that angry look on his face whenever the cameras found him lol only wish it wasnt justified by 200 yards on the gruond....I can't imagine him having the same impact from the box, i think as DC he should be down there commanding his troops.

I think the effect is more on the coach than the players.

For instance, if he is the type of person that gets caught up in the emotions of the game, and that affects him in a positive way, then he should be on the sideline.

If he calls a better game in the (relative) quiet of the booth, because he has a clearer head or whatever, then he should be up there.

We as fans perceive it in a more positive light, seeing the coach pace back and forth on the sidelines, scowling and prowling, but I wonder how much of an effect it has on the players.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've all been waiting three years for the Bears to beat Green Bay and six years for that to happen at Lambeau, so there's only one way to say it:

Suck it, Packers.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
Is anyone else surprised to find out/know that Josh McCown is 34?

Dude looks like he could have been drafted last April.

That's what happens when u ride the bench most of your career. Not to take anything away from the Josh but there's no reason for that man to have one gray hair on his head especially after last night

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
We've all been waiting three years for the Bears to beat Green Bay and six years for that to happen at Lambeau, so there's only one way to say it:

Suck it, Packers.

This was during the aftermath of the Jets knocking the Patriots out of the playoffs a few years back, so the stakes were a bit higher, but close enough.

http://videos.nymag.com/video/Jon-Stewart-Patriot-Fans-Can-Su#c=49Q7LP1N5P6DS48C&t=Jon%20Stewart:%20The%20Patriots%20Can%20Suck%20It
Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HuskieBear"]
CBears019 wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

Haha that's great. I'm actually surprised it took so long for someone to make those.

What was great was Gruden talking in the booth about Cheeseheads, then stating he wished he had a cheese grater hat. No more than 2 seconds later the image of those guys popped up on the screen. He was left speechless.

Not often is Chuckie at a loss for words. Laughing
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
I thought opinions didn't matter? That's exactly what I've been saying, you were saying earlier that opinions that couldn't be backed up with facts don't matter.

If you made the claim that Eddie Lacy played great, his yards and his yards per carry would not be enough to back that up. Circumstantial evidence wouldn't play in at all. Eddie Lacy played great, I think we all agree with that, but it is an opinion, albeit an opinion that is backed up by what we witnessed and some factual backing. That does not mean that "Eddie Lacy played great" is a fact.

My only issue with your post is your opinions that there's no way to say one way or another how the presence of Rodgers would have affected the game. There's a ton of statistical evidence saying that Aaron Rodgers is WAY better than Seneca Wallace.

Why the difference?

Man how can you not see this? lol…

I said that unsubstantiated opinions don’t matter when you are talking about “what ifs”…because they don’t…if you have an opinion about something where there is no way of backing it up you are just talking for the sake of talking…you aren’t providing a reason as to why you hold that opinion…in the case of Lacy we all seen that he had a great game and we all can see the stats that prove he had a great game…that is evidence to back up why you hold that opinion…if you can’t see the difference between the two then I’m not sure what else to tell you…

And of course Lacy’s stats would be enough to back that up…had someone not seen the game asked you how Lacy played and you said he went for a buck fifty and averaged 6.8 YPC the person asking would know he had been good in the game…you even just said yourself it is an opinion backed up by not only what we witnessed but also some factual backing…making it a fact…

Your issue with my post is that I am right that there is no way to prove one way or the other how Rodgers would have affected the game…doesn’t matter if he is better than Wallace or not…the point is no one knows what would have happened had Rodgers stayed in the game…sure you can make assumptions but that’s all they are…if you can’t tell the difference between assumption and fact then again I’m not sure what else I can say to make you understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: