Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears at Packers GDT (MNF)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Bears at Packers GDT (MNF) Reply with quote

No intro needed. It's Packer week.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears at Packers GDT (MNF) Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
No intro needed. It's Packer week.
I'm going up to GB for a visit with my elder son and wife. While I am planning to watch the game with him there is a chance he and wife are going to get tickets to the game. In that case I will watch with the pooch. I am NOT optimistic.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Cutler, no Briggs, no pass rush. For us to win we need McCown to play like he did vs Washington, Hester to think he's in his rookie year, and our entire defense to act like this is their contract year. I got the night off, but I fear I'm watching something I have on my DVR before halftime. GB has also won 6 straight in the series and 2007 was the last time we won at Lambeau. As far as first time head coaches vs GB goes, Lovie won his first game, and I believe Jauron and Wanny did as well. Hopefully that trand continues.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the bears win is if they take advantage of GREEN BAY's injuries. The defense struggles getting a pass rush, but all year they haven't been able to cover/stop a tight end and the packers are without one of the better TEs in the game. So if they can actually d-up and give mccown chances the bears might be able to pull off the upset.

But my money is still on Green Bay.

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how good Rodgers is outside of the pocket I would love to see us give Cornelius Washington a few snaps coming off the edge…I’m not sure why we are holding back on him but his quickness off the edge on passing downs could lead to the flash plays we are currently lacking…one thing is for sure he couldn’t make the pass rush any worse.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
No Cutler, no Briggs, no pass rush. For us to win we need McCown to play like he did vs Washington, Hester to think he's in his rookie year, and our entire defense to act like this is their contract year. I got the night off, but I fear I'm watching something I have on my DVR before halftime. GB has also won 6 straight in the series and 2007 was the last time we won at Lambeau. As far as first time head coaches vs GB goes, Lovie won his first game, and I believe Jauron and Wanny did as well. Hopefully that trand continues.

This is our only hope unfortunately lol.

All jokes aside the Pack should easily take this one. Only way I see it being close is if Rodgers somehow gets knocked out of the game but you never hope for that to happen.

Cutler usually plays bad in GB anyway so him being out isn't the issue for me. The defensive play has just been too bad to make this game close. ARod is gonna shred that Bears defense in half.

The good thing is they still play each other later on in the season where Cutler and Briggs should be back and at 100%, but who knows if it will even matter at that point. Pack may have the div locked up by then.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack by 17, or some variation of 3 scores. And that is after some garbage time scores.
I don't expect McCown to look as good as he did in the Washington game. I realize I'm mixing sports analogies, but the mentality of a relief pitcher is a lot different than a starting pitcher. I think McCown looked good filling in during a 'nothing to lose' situation, but now he has had two weeks to put all of this on his shoulders and against Green Bay no less.

What I would love to see the Bears do is double team Nelson, every down. Normally that wouldn't be very effective (cause they would just hit any of their other great receivers) but with the number of weapons they have lost, game planning their last, best receiver out of the equation seems like it would make sense.

It is not like Rodgers can't pick apart our zone, anyway.

But it won't matter even if we do because they will just pound the rock with Lacy and Starks, control the clock and limit turnovers, and keep Hester from getting PR chances (KR is not where he does his damage, typically).

Adding in Trestman's philosophy that divisional games are 'just another game' (which so far is the one thing I have vehemently disagreed with him on), I don't think we break out anything special (trick plays, different looks, etc) to try and squeak out a victory.

Usually with divisional games in any division, I say 'throw whatever you think you know out the window', but I just don't see it going down any other way.

What I am looking forward to is B Marsh getting fired up, because he hates these guys as much as we do. GB is not 'just another game' to him.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot see us winning this at all. Aaron Rodgers is going to bend our defense over and have his sweet way with it. I think we lose by a lot, probably three scores as the post above states. Rodgers could always pick apart our good defense, never mind this one. I would be shocked if we won this, but my god I'd absolutely love it.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 34 || Interceptions: 1 || Forced Fumbles: 1
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers 45
Bears 20

This is the game where whatever pride and dignity were left in our defense is officially crushed.
Athelite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we will win. However, if we do keep it close and make it a game I will have faith that this is still a playoff team.

^Takeonme^
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AROD has struggled against the Bears when the defense has been good. Now that they are not I expect he is going to try and out a big number on us and make a statement.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AROD has struggled against the Bears when the defense has been good. Now that they are not I expect he is going to try and out a big number on us and make a statement.

What statement does he need to make? He's beaten us nearly every time we've played. The only statement left would be "I'm petty enough to care about my individual stats despite my team winning."

Green Bay has committed to running the ball this year, and I expect that to continue against us. Rodgers will pick up long third downs, stretch the field on us and play efficiently, but with our inability to stop the run I don't see much of a reason to throw it much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see less than 30 pass attempts if both Starks and Lacy are healthy.

Hoping the rookie LB's show some promise.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie Smith was the one guy in all the NFL that could make Aaron Rodgers look human. Trestman has to have the offense firing on all cylinders for us to have anything resembling a chance. The good news is we have the offensive weapons to keep it close. Josh just has to drive the car.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game will be closer than people say, I expect the Packers to win but I'm thinking a score of 27-21.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I think this game will be closer than people say, I expect the Packers to win but I'm thinking a score of 27-21.
Yeah its obvious that there are many on this forum who don't quite comprehend how good the offense is right now. This offense can keep pace on score with anybody, our defense just can't stop anybody.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: