Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Cowboys v Minnesota Vikings GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14229
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to be able to get any work done today, too busy watching that ref getting it in the head. Laughing

Fun game yesterday, wasn't looking too interesting in the first half but the second half really turned it around. Looks like the NFC East is the Cowboy's to lose at this point, good luck taking down your division!
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24414
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
So are we having the same person make the GDT after a win or someone different?


SOmeone different. Always different.


Dibs.


It better be spectacular.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10654
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:


This is not a negative: that was the smartest play he made all game. Because situations like that are typically the ones where Romo pees down his leg, gets a brain hiccup, and throws the back breaking, game ending INT.


What are you talking about?


What am I talking about? Have you watched Romo play before? Being down late in games while driving for a go ahead score are the moments when Romo typically melts down and throws the back breaking interception rather than throwing the ball away and living to play another down. The fact that he didn't force a throw and opted to get rid of the ball was the smartest play he made all game because it kept us alive with another chance to score. Which we did. "Vintage" Romo would've thrown that pass into double or triple coverage in the end zone for an INT.


You know what's funny about this whole thing? Most people on here think Troy Aikman was a Football God. He's a 3 time Super Bowl winner and a member of the HOF and ROH. After reading yet another Plan rant about Romo's suckiness, I decided to see what Aikman's 4th quarter numbers looked like, to have a little perspective. NFL.com only had the 4th quarter numbers for the last 8 years of Aikman's career. In those 8 years, Troy had 26 TD's and 29 INT's. Not exactly good numbers. Romo, over the same stretch of time has had 63 TD's and 25 INT's in the 4th quarter.

Are y'all surprised? I kinda was, but not because Romo's numbers are higher. The NFL is a pass happy league now. Aikman played in a more balanced era. What surprised me is the difference in the TD/INT ratio for the 2 players. Aikman had 0.8965 TD's for every 4th quarter INT. Over the same stretch of time, Romo has 2.52 TD's for every 4th quarter INT.

I'm not trying to say that Romo is a better QB than Aikman, although the numbers would indicate that he is much better in the 4th Quarter than Troy was. All I'm saying is that we are witnessing one of the best QB's in team history and some people are too busy bishing to stop and appreciate the goodness. We won yesterday. Enjoy it.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DreamEater53


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 318
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, the Buccs were leading Seattle by 21 at the half yesterday... SEATTLE, who are arguably the best team in the NFC. Bad teams can have good games.

Just because we didn't blow out the Vikings is no reason to be disappointed. Was the game sloppy? Absolutely. The lack of run game (not going to beat a dead horse by getting into that), Romo's throws were off a few times, Dez dropping passes, poor tackling.

But guess what, we won the game. Let's look at the positives. Witten being utilized more, Bailmoney being on point, defense creating turnovers (one of which being a sack-fumble for a TD, not to mention one of the sickest hits on Ponder after the strip.), BEASTLEY GETTING 6 CATCHES!

I understand the frustration, I really do. But I don't understand what seems like lack of celebration for the win. Let's get pumped and excited going into the New Orleans game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20524
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:


This is not a negative: that was the smartest play he made all game. Because situations like that are typically the ones where Romo pees down his leg, gets a brain hiccup, and throws the back breaking, game ending INT.


What are you talking about?


What am I talking about? Have you watched Romo play before? Being down late in games while driving for a go ahead score are the moments when Romo typically melts down and throws the back breaking interception rather than throwing the ball away and living to play another down. The fact that he didn't force a throw and opted to get rid of the ball was the smartest play he made all game because it kept us alive with another chance to score. Which we did. "Vintage" Romo would've thrown that pass into double or triple coverage in the end zone for an INT.


You know what's funny about this whole thing? Most people on here think Troy Aikman was a Football God. He's a 3 time Super Bowl winner and a member of the HOF and ROH. After reading yet another Plan rant about Romo's suckiness, I decided to see what Aikman's 4th quarter numbers looked like, to have a little perspective. NFL.com only had the 4th quarter numbers for the last 8 years of Aikman's career. In those 8 years, Troy had 26 TD's and 29 INT's. Not exactly good numbers. Romo, over the same stretch of time has had 63 TD's and 25 INT's in the 4th quarter.


I'm not surprised with Aikman's numbers. He never had good numbers. The difference was the leadership and his approach to winning. Back then, we had a real leader at QB and a team dedicated to winning and accountability. We also had a team which didn't need to play from behind as much because we were so much better than everyone else. We all know that constantly playing from behind distorts your numbers. Plus, even in those losses, they weren't meltdowns of Romo proportion. There was always a different vibe with the 90s team. You didn't expect Aikman to melt down and throw a back breaking INT, but you do with Romo. And it's no like I'm alone here. Most people feel that way, and it's because Aikman was mentally tougher than Romo; win or lose.

Quote:
Are y'all surprised? I kinda was, but not because Romo's numbers are higher. The NFL is a pass happy league now. Aikman played in a more balanced era. What surprised me is the difference in the TD/INT ratio for the 2 players. Aikman had 0.8965 TD's for every 4th quarter INT. Over the same stretch of time, Romo has 2.52 TD's for every 4th quarter INT.


Aikman's career stats were always mediocre. I'm pretty convinced that he wouldn't have made it into the HOF without the Super Bowl wins. He was a great leader, but was never a big stat guy.

Quote:
I'm not trying to say that Romo is a better QB than Aikman, although the numbers would indicate that he is much better in the 4th Quarter than Troy was. All I'm saying is that we are witnessing one of the best QB's in team history and some people are too busy bishing to stop and appreciate the goodness. We won yesterday. Enjoy it.


Aikman was a much better leader with far lesser stats. Romo has far greater stats but is a much lesser leader.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6124
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Aikman himself would disagree with you, plan.
_________________
first-pick mock draft
Mack, OLB; Sutton, DT; Bailey, FS; Abbrederis, WR; Bitonio, OT; Halapio, OG; Easley, DT; Jean-Baptiste, CB; Murray, QB; Brown, OLB; McKinnon, RB; Saunders, WR; Hornsey, P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44758
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan ranting about Romo sucking after another 4QC and GWD in a game his OL was trash and everyone including Witten was dropping passes? Expected....

Man can't see past his hatred and his espn fed perception - its hillarious.
Ignore the fact Romo is better at Comebacks than Captain Comeback himself and is a monster in the 4Q or that he led the league in 4QC last season... perception is reality and of ESPN says it, it must be fact
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20524
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Plan ranting about Romo sucking after another 4QC and GWD in a game his OL was trash and everyone including Witten was dropping passes? Expected....


And where was I ranting about this? I made no mention of it at all, MH. I never said anything positive or negative about Romo's performance yesterday.

But, if you want to continue your worthless digs, I'll play along. He melted down half as much as he did win. Yet, you dismiss those. So how about this: if he was so clutch, so much the "Captain Comeback", then where are the wins? Why have we maintained a .500 record? Why does EVERYONE other than the obsessed and irrational Cowboys fan question his leadership? Why do they point out the volume of mistakes he makes?

You know why? Because they're just as true as the times when he manages to pull off a win without peeing down his leg. If he'd limit the back breaking losses at the most inopportune times, people would stop talking. But he hasn't. So they don't.

Quote:
Man can't see past his hatred and his espn fed perception - its hillarious. Ignore the fact Romo is better at Comebacks than Captain Comeback himself and is a monster in the 4Q or that he led the league in 4QC last season... perception is reality and of ESPN says it, it must be fact


You should really stop posting now. You're only embarrassing yourself.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Last edited by plan9misfit on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20524
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I believe Aikman himself would disagree with you, plan.


About his numbers? He shouldn't. Romo has vastly superior numbers to Aikman. And Aikman was a better leader than Romo. This shouldn't even be up for debate. The results speak for themselves.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44758
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Plan ranting about Romo sucking after another 4QC and GWD in a game his OL was trash and everyone including Witten was dropping passes? Expected....


And where was I ranting about this? I made no mention of it at all, MH. I never said anything positive or negative about Romo's performance yesterday.

But, if you want to continue your worthless digs, I'll play along. He melted down half as much as he did win. Yet, you dismiss those. So how about this: if he was so clutch, so much the "Captain Comeback", then where are the wins? Why have we maintained a .500 record? Why does EVERYONE other than the obsessed and irrational Cowboys fan question his leadership? Why do they point out the volume of mistakes he makes?

You know why? Because they're just as true as the times when he manages to pull off a win without peeing down his leg. If he'd limit the back breaking losses at the most inopportune times, people would stop talking. But he hasn't. So they don't.

Quote:
Man can't see past his hatred and his espn fed perception - its hillarious. Ignore the fact Romo is better at Comebacks than Captain Comeback himself and is a monster in the 4Q or that he led the league in 4QC last season... perception is reality and of ESPN says it, it must be fact


You should really stop posting now. You're only embarrassing yourself.


Do you even com orehend the meaning of CB% and what it means to have a higher one than Staubach?

Its like debating with a brick wall sometimes....
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20524
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Plan ranting about Romo sucking after another 4QC and GWD in a game his OL was trash and everyone including Witten was dropping passes? Expected....


And where was I ranting about this? I made no mention of it at all, MH. I never said anything positive or negative about Romo's performance yesterday.

But, if you want to continue your worthless digs, I'll play along. He melted down half as much as he did win. Yet, you dismiss those. So how about this: if he was so clutch, so much the "Captain Comeback", then where are the wins? Why have we maintained a .500 record? Why does EVERYONE other than the obsessed and irrational Cowboys fan question his leadership? Why do they point out the volume of mistakes he makes?

You know why? Because they're just as true as the times when he manages to pull off a win without peeing down his leg. If he'd limit the back breaking losses at the most inopportune times, people would stop talking. But he hasn't. So they don't.

Quote:
Man can't see past his hatred and his espn fed perception - its hillarious. Ignore the fact Romo is better at Comebacks than Captain Comeback himself and is a monster in the 4Q or that he led the league in 4QC last season... perception is reality and of ESPN says it, it must be fact


You should really stop posting now. You're only embarrassing yourself.


Do you even com orehend the meaning of CB% and what it means to have a higher one than Staubach?

Its like debating with a brick wall sometimes....


Do I need to remind you about the 1-7 record in win-or-go-home games? Do I need to remind you of his meltdowns against teams like the Jets, the Lions, the 'Skins, the Bills, etc? Don't insult me again.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 28141
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you both pull the sand out of your vag and stop bitching . We won. Romo played a mixed bag but we got the W and that's what matters. Hopefully we prepare better for the Saints. I can't change what happens. You can't change what happens. All we can do it watch and pray.
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 44758
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Plan ranting about Romo sucking after another 4QC and GWD in a game his OL was trash and everyone including Witten was dropping passes? Expected....


And where was I ranting about this? I made no mention of it at all, MH. I never said anything positive or negative about Romo's performance yesterday.

But, if you want to continue your worthless digs, I'll play along. He melted down half as much as he did win. Yet, you dismiss those. So how about this: if he was so clutch, so much the "Captain Comeback", then where are the wins? Why have we maintained a .500 record? Why does EVERYONE other than the obsessed and irrational Cowboys fan question his leadership? Why do they point out the volume of mistakes he makes?

You know why? Because they're just as true as the times when he manages to pull off a win without peeing down his leg. If he'd limit the back breaking losses at the most inopportune times, people would stop talking. But he hasn't. So they don't.

Quote:
Man can't see past his hatred and his espn fed perception - its hillarious. Ignore the fact Romo is better at Comebacks than Captain Comeback himself and is a monster in the 4Q or that he led the league in 4QC last season... perception is reality and of ESPN says it, it must be fact


You should really stop posting now. You're only embarrassing yourself.


Do you even com orehend the meaning of CB% and what it means to have a higher one than Staubach?

Its like debating with a brick wall sometimes....


Do I need to remind you about the 1-7 record in win-or-go-home games? Do I need to remind you of his meltdowns against teams like the Jets, the Lions, the 'Skins, the Bills, etc? Don't insult me again.


I'm sorry that you feel insulted when someone corrects your misunderstandings and misguided comments.

You can swing your stick all you want but at the end of the day you continue to shiff. Romo ihas a higher success rate at comebacks than any QB in team History. That is not perception, that is fact. To claim he pisses his pants as oftem as he is successful is tantamount to saying Aikman amd Staubach pissed their pants more often thenthey found success despite both being dang good QBs and having a claim to Top 20 status all-time.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 3951
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Northland wrote:
TO7 your point is well taken and I will admit that I have been guilty of writing the Cowboys off. In my defense I will say that the Cowboys are a team that make fourth quarters more interesting than they need to be, and they certainly have squandered their share of fourth quarter leads.

Where am I going with this? I know that anything can happen and there is a reason why the game is played. Just once wouldn't it be nice to see the Cowboys have a game put away at half time or early in the third quarter? I realize we can't win every game by +30 points; I realize that we can't have a roster filled with All Pros at every position. But just once, let's see the Boys put a team away and let us all rest and relax.

That being said the nature of a mediocre team is that you may hang tight with teams that are better than you are and you may leave inferior teams hanging a little too close for comfort. This is the nature of the beast that is the Cowboys right now. I still just want to be able to take a breather one Sunday and I don't think that is too much to ask.


A few different points.

1. I am in no way stopping anyone from giving up. Hell, I am sure a good portion of individuals have already written off next week as a loss with no hope before we even finished this game. Cool. If people want to pout in a corner, have at it. But understand that it's annoying, and those who do it forfeit the right to be taken seriously. It's why Matts went on a 3 page bender mocking so many of you. Honestly, that is how so many come across.

2. Bad things will happen. Good things will happen. If you can only reflect and harp on one - and you choose it to be the negative one - then there can be no joy. Which is a shame since there are only 16 days out of the year like this. Football, much like life, has it's share of the good and the bad.

3. By the very virtue of this team, we are resilient. I can't for the life of me remember a game that was over by half-time against us. Which is, again, why I am so baffled so many give up so quickly. We may lose, sure. But we haven't laid down and died. You can say a lot of things about this team. And a lot of those things can be negative. But you cannot say that they are quitters - unlike so many in this forum.

4. Laughing Who wouldn't want their Sunday's to be less stressful? It's a roller-coaster ride. Until we blow everyone out on a consistent basis, I will treat it as such and enjoy the whole experience.

North, I like you and many posters here. I really do. But the wheels come off far far far too quickly on this forum. At times it's like an SNL skit given how ridiculous things are taken here.


I feel like Sally Field at the Oscars. I'm glad you like me. Your points are again well made. I know where you are coming from and udnerstand how it makes you shake your head. While I criticize the Boys, I get over it very quickly without any pouting in a corner. When I was younger I lived and died and a game like Detroit would haunt me. Then there would be plenty of serious corner pouting. Now I have other priorities. Hell I don't even watch every game anymore as sacriligeous as that may sound.

It takes all kinds to contribute to this site and if we all saw things the same way it would be pretty boring. I know that I am a cynical SOB sometimes, heck most of the time. I have posted my share of what I call "baiting posts" knowing that I will get a rise out of some posters. But I would like to think that for the most part I avoid confrontational argumentative nit picking posts. I will call it and post it as I see it and sometimes I am wrong.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20524
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Plan ranting about Romo sucking after another 4QC and GWD in a game his OL was trash and everyone including Witten was dropping passes? Expected....


And where was I ranting about this? I made no mention of it at all, MH. I never said anything positive or negative about Romo's performance yesterday.

But, if you want to continue your worthless digs, I'll play along. He melted down half as much as he did win. Yet, you dismiss those. So how about this: if he was so clutch, so much the "Captain Comeback", then where are the wins? Why have we maintained a .500 record? Why does EVERYONE other than the obsessed and irrational Cowboys fan question his leadership? Why do they point out the volume of mistakes he makes?

You know why? Because they're just as true as the times when he manages to pull off a win without peeing down his leg. If he'd limit the back breaking losses at the most inopportune times, people would stop talking. But he hasn't. So they don't.

Quote:
Man can't see past his hatred and his espn fed perception - its hillarious. Ignore the fact Romo is better at Comebacks than Captain Comeback himself and is a monster in the 4Q or that he led the league in 4QC last season... perception is reality and of ESPN says it, it must be fact


You should really stop posting now. You're only embarrassing yourself.


Do you even com orehend the meaning of CB% and what it means to have a higher one than Staubach?

Its like debating with a brick wall sometimes....


Do I need to remind you about the 1-7 record in win-or-go-home games? Do I need to remind you of his meltdowns against teams like the Jets, the Lions, the 'Skins, the Bills, etc? Don't insult me again.


I'm sorry that you feel insulted when someone corrects your misunderstandings and misguided comments.

You can swing your stick all you want but at the end of the day you continue to shiff. Romo ihas a higher success rate at comebacks than any QB in team History. That is not perception, that is fact. To claim he pisses his pants as oftem as he is successful is tantamount to saying Aikman amd Staubach pissed their pants more often thenthey found success despite both being dang good QBs and having a claim to Top 20 status all-time.


Oh, so the Monday night 5 INT game against Buffalo didn't happen? Nor did 44-6 against Philly? Or the Lions game in 2011? Or the Jets game in 2011? Or the Giants game in Week 17 of 2011? Or the Redskins game in Week 17 of 2012? Do you want me to go on? I don't think you do.

You see, MH, dismissing those FACTS make you look like a fool. I have never dismissed Romo's TWENTY fourth quarter comebacks. However, I also haven't dismissed the ELEVEN failed ones. Nor have I discounted the times when the defense collapsed which resulted in a loss beyond his control. Nor have I ignored the games where he played so poorly through the first three quarters that the 4th quarter episodes were necessary.

It's called being intellectually honest. I am. You are not. Now go away. And stay away. If you don't like me pointing out facts, then keep your mouth shut because I wasn't talking to you to begin with.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group