Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Cowboys v Minnesota Vikings GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
So are we having the same person make the GDT after a win or someone different?

SOmeone different. Always different.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This is not a negative: that was the smartest play he made all game. Because situations like that are typically the ones where Romo pees down his leg, gets a brain hiccup, and throws the back breaking, game ending INT.

What are you talking about?
everyone KNOWS Romo sucks when it's important... his 20 game winning drives are all flukes and unimportant while his 11 4th QTR INT losses are all the real Romo.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This is not a negative: that was the smartest play he made all game. Because situations like that are typically the ones where Romo pees down his leg, gets a brain hiccup, and throws the back breaking, game ending INT.

No bonus points for nailing the ref in the side of the head? Someone needed to c-slap those guys

Believe it not, Dirk, the head clunk almost earned him a game ball from me. I laughed to the point my stomach hurt when I saw it. Had the ref fallen down, Romo would've been the sole recipient of the game ball.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

What am I talking about? Have you watched Romo play before? Being down late in games while driving for a go ahead score are the moments when Romo typically melts down and throws the back breaking interception rather than throwing the ball away and living to play another down. The fact that he didn't force a throw and opted to get rid of the ball was the smartest play he made all game because it kept us alive with another chance to score. Which we did. "Vintage" Romo would've thrown that pass into double or triple coverage in the end zone for an INT.

Northland wrote:
Superfluous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

What am I talking about? Have you watched Romo play before? Being down late in games while driving for a go ahead score are the moments when Romo typically melts down and throws the back breaking interception rather than throwing the ball away and living to play another down. The fact that he didn't force a throw and opted to get rid of the ball was the smartest play he made all game because it kept us alive with another chance to score. Which we did. "Vintage" Romo would've thrown that pass into double or triple coverage in the end zone for an INT.

Can you name a few examples where Romo has thrown into double or triple coverage for a game-losing interception?
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
So are we having the same person make the GDT after a win or someone different?

SOmeone different. Always different.

Dibs.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Can you name a few examples where Romo has thrown into double or triple coverage for a game-losing interception?

I'm not going to waste the effort. Go back and watch the games for yourself. He's had 11 fourth quarter, game losing meltdowns in his career. They shouldn't be hard to find.

Northland wrote:
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I'm not going to waste the effort. Go back and watch the games for yourself. He's had 11 fourth quarter, game losing meltdowns in his career. They shouldn't be hard to find.

Wasn't too much effort, they were right next to his 19 game
Winning drives.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Winning drives.

19 game winning drives, but lets not forget how many times he brought the Cowboys back to the lead in the 4th and the defense gave it up just a few short minutes later.
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
This is exactly how I feel:

Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead 4m

Quote:
Look, this was a frustrating game, not disagreeing. But lot of negativity right now considering they won. Only play 16 games, enjoy the W.

I look forward all year to see my team. We are promised 16 days out of the year and hope for more. But only 16. Out of 365. 16. You're damn right I don't give up until the end. I only have 16 of these to enjoy and watch. Every second matters to me.

Which I why I don't understand how some of you can give up so early. It is honestly the most baffling thing to me.

TO7 your point is well taken and I will admit that I have been guilty of writing the Cowboys off. In my defense I will say that the Cowboys are a team that make fourth quarters more interesting than they need to be, and they certainly have squandered their share of fourth quarter leads.

Where am I going with this? I know that anything can happen and there is a reason why the game is played. Just once wouldn't it be nice to see the Cowboys have a game put away at half time or early in the third quarter? I realize we can't win every game by +30 points; I realize that we can't have a roster filled with All Pros at every position. But just once, let's see the Boys put a team away and let us all rest and relax.

That being said the nature of a mediocre team is that you may hang tight with teams that are better than you are and you may leave inferior teams hanging a little too close for comfort. This is the nature of the beast that is the Cowboys right now. I still just want to be able to take a breather one Sunday and I don't think that is too much to ask.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
But just once, let's see the Boys put a team away and let us all rest and relax.

Like the Rams game?

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Superfluous wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Winning drives.
20. Just sayin'
Northland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:
But just once, let's see the Boys put a team away and let us all rest and relax.

Like the Rams game?

Point taken. We still won't be happy though! You know where I was going though. We seem to have too many nail biting finishes, good and bad, for my liking. How about a couple of blow out wins to off set the fourth quarter drama?
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
TO7 your point is well taken and I will admit that I have been guilty of writing the Cowboys off. In my defense I will say that the Cowboys are a team that make fourth quarters more interesting than they need to be, and they certainly have squandered their share of fourth quarter leads.

Where am I going with this? I know that anything can happen and there is a reason why the game is played. Just once wouldn't it be nice to see the Cowboys have a game put away at half time or early in the third quarter? I realize we can't win every game by +30 points; I realize that we can't have a roster filled with All Pros at every position. But just once, let's see the Boys put a team away and let us all rest and relax.

That being said the nature of a mediocre team is that you may hang tight with teams that are better than you are and you may leave inferior teams hanging a little too close for comfort. This is the nature of the beast that is the Cowboys right now. I still just want to be able to take a breather one Sunday and I don't think that is too much to ask.

A few different points.

1. I am in no way stopping anyone from giving up. Hell, I am sure a good portion of individuals have already written off next week as a loss with no hope before we even finished this game. Cool. If people want to pout in a corner, have at it. But understand that it's annoying, and those who do it forfeit the right to be taken seriously. It's why Matts went on a 3 page bender mocking so many of you. Honestly, that is how so many come across.

2. Bad things will happen. Good things will happen. If you can only reflect and harp on one - and you choose it to be the negative one - then there can be no joy. Which is a shame since there are only 16 days out of the year like this. Football, much like life, has it's share of the good and the bad.

3. By the very virtue of this team, we are resilient. I can't for the life of me remember a game that was over by half-time against us. Which is, again, why I am so baffled so many give up so quickly. We may lose, sure. But we haven't laid down and died. You can say a lot of things about this team. And a lot of those things can be negative. But you cannot say that they are quitters - unlike so many in this forum.

4. Laughing Who wouldn't want their Sunday's to be less stressful? It's a roller-coaster ride. Until we blow everyone out on a consistent basis, I will treat it as such and enjoy the whole experience.

North, I like you and many posters here. I really do. But the wheels come off far far far too quickly on this forum. At times it's like an SNL skit given how ridiculous things are taken here.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
19 game winning drives, but lets not forget how many times he brought the Cowboys back to the lead in the 4th and the defense gave it up just a few short minutes later.

Like the Detroit game 8 days ago. Defensive collapses can't be pegged on Romo, but his choke jobs can be.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: