Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
Too bad. I like dobbs. Idk why I guess from what I've seen I guess I like him as a person lol.

Dobbs has always been a beast in preseason. But never even come close to that in the regular season. Carradine and Jerrod-Eddie make him expendable IMO.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
AMG1713

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
After looking at the rosters more, I'm actually starting to think it's Dobbs who gets the boot. According to PFF he's a bottom 5 3-4 DE and he doesn't play special teams. If Tank has shown enough in practice, I think Dobbs is gone.

I think Dobbs is on his way out the door, too, but after reading an article on ESPN where PFF used their rankings to pick the Pro Bowl rosters at midseason, I have completely removed all stock in what they have to say. Any website that uses formulas for Pro Bowl rosters that have multiple Browns, Buccaneers, Eagles, Bills, Vikings, Texans, and Cowboys, yet have only one Seahawk (Thomas), zero 49ers, and Sproles over Charles/Gore at RB has literally no standing whatsoever with me.

I know what you mean about some of PFF's rankings being down right weird, but I wouldn't completely discard them. Usually their ratings do a decent job in reflecting whether a player is having a good or bad year. They just have weird rankings, like Evan Mathis being two times better than any other guard in the league, that makes people look at their ratings funny. I'll say this about Dobbs PFF rating, he may not actually be a bottom 5 3-4 DE in the league, but the fact that his rating his so low on PFF in only a limited amount of snaps is kind of telling to me. With or without PFF's rating, it is easy to tell that he hasn't been very good.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate Stupar just got released.

Manningham brought up next? Maybe Moody?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

MM activated. Just waiting on Wright and Crabs, who is reportedly ahead of schedule with his rehab. I really feel like they'll going IR Patton to make room for Crabs. Not sure who gets cut for Wright though. Most assume Aso but I'm not so sure. Stay tuned...
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

MM activated. Just waiting on Wright and Crabs, who is reportedly ahead of schedule with his rehab. I really feel like they'll going IR Patton to make room for Crabs. Not sure who gets cut for Wright though. Most assume Aso but I'm not so sure. Stay tuned...

Remains to be seen whether Wright will beat out Aso for a spot. I figure Patton to the IR and see what we've got in him next year. I guess we could dump Osgood to make room for a WR, but we'd have to figure out who to add to our coverage teams. I'm hoping we can hold on to Baldwin and let him have the entire off season to develop so we can see what he can do. Maybe he's not an NFL'er, but right now I'm pretty sure we've seen all that KDub has to offer - and that's not much. At this point I'm thinking Baldwin has a higher upside.

We really need to find a returner other than KDub though.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need to cut/make room for 3 more. We had six players (Carradine, Wright, Manningham, Crabtree, Moody, Aldon) coming back, and only 3 (Stupar, Moore, Cunningham) have been released so far.

I don't see how Asomugha stays with the team or for what reason considering he's inactive every game, and there's no reason to keep 7 corners (Brown, Rogers, Brock, Wright, Cox, Morris, Asomugha).

Then a D-Linemen is the most likely next to go. We'd have Justin, RayMac, Dorsey, Dial, Carradine, Jerrod-Eddie, and Dobbs, otherwise, and 7 D-Linemen is a bit overkill. Dobbs to me is the likely out.

From there, it's anyone's guess. From Bethel-Thompson, to Patton on IR, to Kyle Williams/Baldwin, or mess with the Special Teams units (I'd be unhappy).

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Still need to cut/make room for 3 more. We had six players (Carradine, Wright, Manningham, Crabtree, Moody, Aldon) coming back, and only 3 (Stupar, Moore, Cunningham) have been released so far.

I don't see how Asomugha stays with the team or for what reason considering he's inactive every game, and there's no reason to keep 7 corners (Brown, Rogers, Brock, Wright, Cox, Morris, Asomugha).

Then a D-Linemen is the most likely next to go. We'd have Justin, RayMac, Dorsey, Dial, Carradine, Jerrod-Eddie, and Dobbs, otherwise, and 7 D-Linemen is a bit overkill. Dobbs to me is the likely out.

From there, it's anyone's guess. From Bethel-Thompson, to Patton on IR, to Kyle Williams/Baldwin, or mess with the Special Teams units (I'd be unhappy).

I have to agree with the first two; Nnamdi and Dobbs seem the most likely candidates to disappear. Nnamdi wasn't awful, but Fangio never really seemed to like him. Dobbs actually has played poorly, so I think that's an easy one.

The last decision is a hard one. Personally, I feel like we are going to end up putting Patton on IR and end his season. He wasn't playing often when he was healthy and our receiving corps was weak, so I don't see how he's going to get more time all of a sudden now. The only downside to putting him on IR is that he can't practice with the team I believe. Baldwin would be a possibility since apparently we were trying to move him at the deadline, but I really dislike that move. He's a different sort of receiver than our other guys and if we ever decide to play him, he brings a different element to the passing game that could be beneficial.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Swift21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to lie. The Saints possibly picking up Nnamdi after we release him is a slight concern for me. That's a team we may have to face in January.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manningham obviously WILL be activated, but he hasn't been just yet.

Nnamdi is definitely gone if we bring up Wright.

It will come down to Dobbs vs Eddie, and we all could guess who it will be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I do think Thompson is another prime candidate to be released. Either way, nice to finally get the full squad back for the big 2nd half run.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather release Perrish Cox over Nnamdi, because we'd actually be able to activate Eric Wright on game days. He's probably the back-up punt returner if Kyle Williams(or LaMichael James in the future?) got hurt though. so it probably wouldn't happen.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
Not going to lie. The Saints possibly picking up Nnamdi after we release him is a slight concern for me. That's a team we may have to face in January.

This is the main reason why I feel they don't want to release Aso. Season is only half-way done. You can never have enough good CBs in my opinion. Someone goes down and your wishing you had that depth. Not to mention you don't want to help out someone you might see down the road like Dallas or the Saints.

For my money, you release McBLT and Dobbs. Patton goes to IR. There's your 3 open spots. I think Baalke would much rather pay Aso to be inactive for every game from here on out than to cut him and risk helping out another team's roster. It wasn't like Aso played bad when he saw the field. Its just that Brock came in and played lights out.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
This is the main reason why I feel they don't want to release Aso. Season is only half-way done. You can never have enough good CBs in my opinion. Someone goes down and your wishing you had that depth. Not to mention you don't want to help out someone you might see down the road like Dallas or the Saints.

For my money, you release McBLT and Dobbs. Patton goes to IR. There's your 3 open spots. I think Baalke would much rather pay Aso to be inactive for every game from here on out than to cut him and risk helping out another team's roster. It wasn't like Aso played bad when he saw the field. Its just that Brock came in and played lights out.

Agreed, he just really had that bad missed tackle against Nelson, but aside from that was good. Asomugha could still play in this league and could help a team. Saints makes a lot of sense with Rob Ryan having coached him in Oakland.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
I'd rather release Perrish Cox over Nnamdi, because we'd actually be able to activate Eric Wright on game days. He's probably the back-up punt returner if Kyle Williams(or LaMichael James in the future?) got hurt though. so it probably wouldn't happen.

Backup? Heck I'd rather see Cox returning punts than KW.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) tweeted at 0:45 PM on Mon, Nov 04, 2013:
Source: #49ers plan to cut CB Nnamdi Asomugha today, with the expected activation of CB Eric Wright.

No surprise, but will be interesting to see if any team picks him up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: