Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Moore Waived today

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Waive-WR-Marlon-Moore/622f09f1-0f4a-4ee8-b9e3-4c3d5adc9860

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so Manningham will be activated soon as well.

Harbaugh also said Wright should be back very soon which means Nnamdi will likely be gone next.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Harbaugh also said Wright should be back very soon which means Nnamdi will likely be gone next.
yeah I heard we had Nnamdi on the trading block too yesterday. It's a good thing we have so much depth at CB. Other teams would love to be in our position.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

yeah I heard we had Nnamdi on the trading block too yesterday. It's a good thing we have so much depth at CB. Other teams would love to be in our position.

The problem is that Nnamdi is still a serviceable cornerback; unlike Cunningham and Moore, Nnamdi will get signed by someone. He's not very good, obviously, but he'd still be an improvement for most teams, and that includes contenders such as New Orleans, who I feel would likely be first in line for his services. It sucks strengthening other teams fighting for the same thing we are

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The problem is that Nnamdi is still a serviceable cornerback; unlike Cunningham and Moore, Nnamdi will get signed by someone. He's not very good, obviously, but he'd still be an improvement for most teams, and that includes contenders such as New Orleans, who I feel would likely be first in line for his services. It sucks strengthening other teams fighting for the same thing we are
But if our contenders are "improving" by picking up our castaway's, that bodes very well for us zero sum or not...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Moore was waived for Manningham, we still have Aldon, Moody, Wright, and Crabtree to activate, right? My guess is Nnamdi, Baldwin, Dobbs, and Williams are cut for those 4.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Forge wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

But if our contenders are "improving" by picking up our castaway's, that bodes very well for us zero sum or not...

I would agree except that I'm not entirely sure that Wright is an upgrade over Nnamdi to begin with. He's superior in the slot, but he's done on the outside. I guess it all depends on how we are using him.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Assuming Moore was waived for Manningham, we still have Aldon, Moody, Wright, and Crabtree to activate, right? My guess is Nnamdi, Baldwin, Dobbs, and Williams are cut for those 4.

I'd rather cut ties with Stupar than Baldwin. Once Aldon comes back Skuta will go back to being primarily a special teams guy and Moody should be back as well. I think Baldwin has got some serious talent and why he hasn't been playing more is beyond me.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
757-NINER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Like your thoughts for the most part, but I would change Baldwin to Patton going on IR (realistically, Patton's going to be inactive come gamedays anyway). And somebody instead of Dixon, as while he was on the block, I don't believe it's because they were unhappy with him, it's because they don't expect him back next season and wanted to guarantee getting something for him. I'll say Dobbs is the one on the block, as we'll have too many DL by that point, and Jerod-Eddie can play two spots on the DL.

I wouldn't be shocked if Dobbs got cut. According to PFF he's been one of the worst 3-4 DE's in the league, so it would make sense. I don't know if he gets cut for Moody, though. I think whoever we cut for Moody is going to a special teams guy. As it stands now this is how our special teams is set up:

CJ Spillman
Raymond Ventrone (Protector on punts)
Craig Dahl
Perrish Cox
Darryl Morris (Gunner on punts)
Corey Lemonier
Michael Wilhoite
Nathan Stupar
Kassim Osgood (Gunner on punts)
Anthony Dixon

Assuming Skuta replaces Stupar, I don't know where Moody would then fit in. I think Morris and Osgood are locks, because they have been studs as the gunners on punts. I guess they could cut Dobbs, deactivate, but not cut Dixon, and still slide Moody into Dixon's spot. I don't think they tried to trade Dixon because they were unhappy with him, but because they knew he was going to lose his spot on special teams. Notice that the Dixon trade rumors happened just as Moody started practicing again. I think they tried to trade Dixon, because they wanted to do him a solid by trading him to a team where he could get playing time.

Osgood is far from a lock IMO. You have to remember, he was initially cut when we had to get down to 53. He was re-signed when Moody went down. He has been solid on STs but not as the gunner. Spillman and Morris are the gunners. Osgood is as slow as molasses...most gunners are your speed guys. But he's been good nonetheless. Has he been good enough in his role on STs to bump someone else off the roster? Hard to say. But initially, Moody had his role. So it seems only right that when Moody returns, Osgood would be the odd man out.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
Osgood is far from a lock IMO. You have to remember, he was initially cut when we had to get down to 53. He was re-signed when Moody went down. He has been solid on STs but not as the gunner. Spillman and Morris are the gunners. Osgood is as slow as molasses...most gunners are your speed guys. But he's been good nonetheless. Has he been good enough in his role on STs to bump someone else off the roster? Hard to say. But initially, Moody had his role. So it seems only right that when Moody returns, Osgood would be the odd man out.

Well, it depends on how you look at it - It was Osgood who took over for Moody, but Stupar then stepped into the Special Teams role once Moore was deactivated for games. So Osgood was on the Special Teams roster before Stupar. I'd imagine Stupar is the one who'd be more in jeopardy.

The fact that Stupar started the year on the 53-man roster has less to do with it - if Osgood started the year on the roster, his whole salary would have been guaranteed...by missing the first week, we saved cap room, so that might have played a role in Stupar over Osgood on the initial roster.

Either way - Our Special Teams has been excellent, and I would hope they don't mess with it too much.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 22nd All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #21, Ricky Watters: 29
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 354
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morris is doing a solid job on STs and we can probay afford to let osgood go.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

Moore was waived for Aldon. Apparently Patton could be placed on the IR soon to make room for Manningham.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
AMG1713

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:

Actually it's Osgood and Spillman who are the gunners. I initially thought it was Morris, because of that forced fumble against the Titans, but he was actually in only because Spillman was playing defense for Whitner.

Maybe Osgood isn't a lock, but I believe he is relatively secure with his roster spot. He may have been added because Moody went down, but he's been playing in the same slots on the punt and kick teams as Tramaine Brock was before he took a bigger role in the D.

After looking at the rosters more, I'm actually starting to think it's Dobbs who gets the boot. According to PFF he's a bottom 5 3-4 DE and he doesn't play special teams. If Tank has shown enough in practice, I think Dobbs is gone.

Now I'm thinking the 4 in and 4 out goes like this

In:
Manningham
Wright
Moody
Crabtree

Out:
Dobbs
Nnamdi
Stupar
Patton to IR(Baldwin's salary is guaranteed, so it would be pointless to cut him, especially with only 3 signed WRs on the roster next year)
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad. I like dobbs. Idk why I guess from what I've seen I guess I like him as a person lol.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

[quote="AMG1713"]
757-NINER wrote:
After looking at the rosters more, I'm actually starting to think it's Dobbs who gets the boot. According to PFF he's a bottom 5 3-4 DE and he doesn't play special teams. If Tank has shown enough in practice, I think Dobbs is gone.

I think Dobbs is on his way out the door, too, but after reading an article on ESPN where PFF used their rankings to pick the Pro Bowl rosters at midseason, I have completely removed all stock in what they have to say. Any website that uses formulas for Pro Bowl rosters that have multiple Browns, Buccaneers, Eagles, Bills, Vikings, Texans, and Cowboys, yet have only one Seahawk (Thomas), zero 49ers, and Sproles over Charles/Gore at RB has literally no standing whatsoever with me.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 22nd All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #21, Ricky Watters: 29
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 354

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: