Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-activate-dt-carradine-waive-lb-cunningham

First move down - 5 more to go.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, can't wait to watch this guy play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yep, can't wait to watch this guy play.

+1. I have a really good feeling about him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be a little while before Carradine is completely ready to go and playing at full speed i think, but I can't wait until he gets in there in a solid rotation. I was extremely high on him during the draft process and thought he was easily one of the best pass rushers in the entire class. Excited to finally see what we have in him.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
It'll be a little while before Carradine is completely ready to go and playing at full speed i think, but I can't wait until he gets in there in a solid rotation. I was extremely high on him during the draft process and thought he was easily one of the best pass rushers in the entire class. Excited to finally see what we have in him.

Yeah, he was a force in college and would have been a much higher pick had he not suffered an ACL injury. I know he won't be full strength, but we could use him sparingly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:

Yeah, he was a force in college and would have been a much higher pick had he not suffered an ACL injury. I know he won't be full strength, but we could use him sparingly.

He's been rehabbing for a long time now. When did he tear it? It had to be right around a year ago. I figure it will take a few weeks to get him up in regards to conditioning, but I'm hoping by this point the ACL should be fine.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL free agency pool is about to get some good talent coming.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:

im pretty sure hes full strength by now
just has to get ready for playing in the pros and the speed of the game i think now.

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean he probably is full strength by now, but it will take time for him to get accustomed to the game speed. Didn't he get hurt end of last season though? If so, no guarantee he is 100% right now.

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
The NFL free agency pool is about to get some good talent coming.

yeah, it sucks that we are going to get poached by every team for the foreseeable future.

I think there needs to be a wave of 'mysterious' season ending injuries to fringe roster players this week.

who else do you guys think gets cut?

Moore
morris
vertone?
kyle?
bethel thompson?
celek?

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yeah, I mean he probably is full strength by now, but it will take time for him to get accustomed to the game speed. Didn't he get hurt end of last season though? If so, no guarantee he is 100% right now.

He's ready. Your talking about a guy who did a full workout, 40 yard dash and everything, last year before the draft any put up impressive numbers for a guy who was 6 months removed from surgery. When we drafted him, we started his rehabilitation over. We took extra precaution to ensure he was completely healed whenever he took the field. Tank's biggest issue will be transitioning from a edge rusher in colllege to interior linemen in the pros.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

My prediction on those 5 moves

Manningham and Crabtree in; Moore and Baldwin out

- Manningham pushes one out, then when Crabtree comes back he pushes the other.

Eric Wright in; Nnamdi Asomugha out

- Wright won't be active, but he offers versatility in the slot that Nnamdi doesn't.

Aldon Smith and Nick Moody in; Anthony Dixon and Nate Stupar out

- This has more to do with special teams than anything. Once Aldon is back, Skuta will be pushed back to special teams. Dixon was on the trade block, which tells me the team is ready to move on. Putting Moody on IR-return tells me the coaches really love what he brings to the special teams table. Osgood over Stupar, because Osgood is also a gunner on punt teams, which was needed after Brock took over a major role on D.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Eric Wright in; Nnamdi Asomugha out

- Wright won't be active, but he offers versatility in the slot that Nnamdi doesn't.

- This has more to do with special teams than anything. Once Aldon is back, Skuta will be pushed back to special teams. Dixon was on the trade block, which tells me the team is ready to move on. Putting Moody on IR-return tells me the coaches really love what he brings to the special teams table. Osgood over Stupar, because Osgood is also a gunner on punt teams, which was needed after Brock took over a major role on D.

Like your thoughts for the most part, but I would change Baldwin to Patton going on IR (realistically, Patton's going to be inactive come gamedays anyway). And somebody instead of Dixon, as while he was on the block, I don't believe it's because they were unhappy with him, it's because they don't expect him back next season and wanted to guarantee getting something for him. I'll say Dobbs is the one on the block, as we'll have too many DL by that point, and Jerod-Eddie can play two spots on the DL.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
757-NINER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
AMG1713 wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Eric Writhoug; Nnamdi Asomugha out

Like your thoughts for the most part, but I would change Baldwin to Patton going on IR (realistically, Patton's going to be inactive come gamedays anyway). And somebody instead of Dixon, as while he was on the block, I don't believe it's because they were unhappy with him, it's because they don't expect him back next season and wanted to guarantee getting something for him. I'll say Dobbs is the one on the block, as we'll have too many DL by that point, and Jerod-Eddie can play two spots on the DL.

Well said. Dix isn't going anywhere. He's too good of a STer and too versatile of a RB to not be on a team, poised for a post-season run. And I defintely see Patton heading for IR. How many snaps would he see with a healthy Crabs, Boldin, and MM anyway? Plus I think we learned from Crabs, those foot fracture can be tricky so I'm sure they'll want it to take their time with Patton and let that foot heal up and bring him back for OTAs. I always thought Moore was basically just a placeholder for MM. I think they're still trying to gauge Baldwin so I could see him sticking around. Your spot on about Dobbs. TJE has basically made him expendable, though he's a better player right now than Dial.
AMG1713

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers Activate Tank Carradine/Waive Cunningham Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked if Dobbs got cut. According to PFF he's been one of the worst 3-4 DE's in the league, so it would make sense. I don't know if he gets cut for Moody, though. I think whoever we cut for Moody is going to a special teams guy. As it stands now this is how our special teams is set up:

CJ Spillman
Raymond Ventrone (Protector on punts)
Craig Dahl
Perrish Cox
Darryl Morris (Gunner on punts)
Corey Lemonier
Michael Wilhoite
Nathan Stupar
Kassim Osgood (Gunner on punts)
Anthony Dixon

Assuming Skuta replaces Stupar, I don't know where Moody would then fit in. I think Morris and Osgood are locks, because they have been studs as the gunners on punts. I guess they could cut Dobbs, deactivate, but not cut Dixon, and still slide Moody into Dixon's spot. I don't think they tried to trade Dixon because they were unhappy with him, but because they knew he was going to lose his spot on special teams. Notice that the Dixon trade rumors happened just as Moody started practicing again. I think they tried to trade Dixon, because they wanted to do him a solid by trading him to a team where he could get playing time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: