Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Tennessee Titans (3-4) at St. Louis Clemens (3-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11905
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
And you think Munch and company haven't been around any longer? Laughing I'm placing that punt solely on Kern. I think they were going for more of a coffin corner scenario and Kern just didn't angle it far enough to his right. People will look for any reason to blame the coaching staff and not the players.


I agree. I cannot imagine any reason Munch would have told him to punt to Austin in that situation. There is no debate to have - you don't give their only big-play weapon a chance to tie the game there. It's a no-brainer. But the coach isn't going to - and shouldn't - throw the punter under the bus. I have to believe that was just Kern hitting the ball a bit wrong and leaving it inside the field of play.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3941
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Ockham wrote:
lamont wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Finally getting to watch a game in person and see the entire field I can say that our zone coverage is terrible. We looked 10 times better on defense when we were in man whether it was off man or press.

Also, it was incredibly easily to tell pre-snap if we were in zone or man coverage.

Has anyone else noticed this or did we do something different in this game than we have in previous games? Hard to really have a full perspective on it from the television.


Of course. St. Louis would motion before the snap and that showed if they were in man or not. They did it the whole game. The defense would have been killed if they were playing an elite QB yesterday. I hope both sides of the ball actually show up against the Jags. Also kicking directly to Austin on that last punt was idiotic move by the special teams coach and Munch co-signed on it because they took a timeout before the punt. Rolling Eyes


I think it was a bad kick, not a coaches decision.


If you say so, Kern has been in the league how long and he doesn't know how to kick it out of bounds? A high school punter can kick it out of bounds around the 20 yard line. Make the rams drive 80 yards at least. Rolling Eyes
C'mon man.. they just wanted my blood presure up over 150 yesterday. Shocked Laughing


And you think Munch and company haven't been around any longer? Laughing I'm placing that punt solely on Kern. I think they were going for more of a coffin corner scenario and Kern just didn't angle it far enough to his right. People will look for any reason to blame the coaching staff and not the players.


Well if the kick is solely on Kern, how many more boneheaded plays is he going to get before Munch & the ST coach says we are going to make a change? Kern has dropped 2 punts (flat out dropped them) this season, mishandled a FG attempt and now cannot punt out of bounds. Who else is to blame for Kern still keeping his job when other players have been benched or cut for poor play? Teams can change kickers during the season. At least bring someone in on a Tuesday to try out, so the guy will know I need to perform better. For the record I blame all 3 of them: Munch, special teams coach & Kern.


Kern has been incredible for most of the season. He's 11th in net average(and has at least 9 more punts than 4 of the people ahead of him), and is tied for 4th in the NFL in punts inside the 20, and amongst the top ten in punts inside the 20, he is tied for the least touchbacks with only 1 on the entire year. He's also only allowed 111 return yards(which means he knows how to kick for his coverage), and that would rank him 4th out of the top 10 with the most inside the 20 punts.

He's FAR from playing poorly. He's been one of the top 10 punters in the NFL this year, you could argue top 5. Mistakes happen in football. You don't cut people who are among the best at their position for having a couple mistakes.
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3889
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
lamont wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Ockham wrote:
lamont wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Finally getting to watch a game in person and see the entire field I can say that our zone coverage is terrible. We looked 10 times better on defense when we were in man whether it was off man or press.

Also, it was incredibly easily to tell pre-snap if we were in zone or man coverage.

Has anyone else noticed this or did we do something different in this game than we have in previous games? Hard to really have a full perspective on it from the television.


Of course. St. Louis would motion before the snap and that showed if they were in man or not. They did it the whole game. The defense would have been killed if they were playing an elite QB yesterday. I hope both sides of the ball actually show up against the Jags. Also kicking directly to Austin on that last punt was idiotic move by the special teams coach and Munch co-signed on it because they took a timeout before the punt. Rolling Eyes


I think it was a bad kick, not a coaches decision.


If you say so, Kern has been in the league how long and he doesn't know how to kick it out of bounds? A high school punter can kick it out of bounds around the 20 yard line. Make the rams drive 80 yards at least. Rolling Eyes
C'mon man.. they just wanted my blood presure up over 150 yesterday. Shocked Laughing


And you think Munch and company haven't been around any longer? Laughing I'm placing that punt solely on Kern. I think they were going for more of a coffin corner scenario and Kern just didn't angle it far enough to his right. People will look for any reason to blame the coaching staff and not the players.


Well if the kick is solely on Kern, how many more boneheaded plays is he going to get before Munch & the ST coach says we are going to make a change? Kern has dropped 2 punts (flat out dropped them) this season, mishandled a FG attempt and now cannot punt out of bounds. Who else is to blame for Kern still keeping his job when other players have been benched or cut for poor play? Teams can change kickers during the season. At least bring someone in on a Tuesday to try out, so the guy will know I need to perform better. For the record I blame all 3 of them: Munch, special teams coach & Kern.


Kern has been incredible for most of the season. He's 11th in net average(and has at least 9 more punts than 4 of the people ahead of him), and is tied for 4th in the NFL in punts inside the 20, and amongst the top ten in punts inside the 20, he is tied for the least touchbacks with only 1 on the entire year. He's also only allowed 111 return yards(which means he knows how to kick for his coverage), and that would rank him 4th out of the top 10 with the most inside the 20 punts.

He's FAR from playing poorly. He's been one of the top 10 punters in the NFL this year, you could argue top 5. Mistakes happen in football. You don't cut people who are among the best at their position for having a couple mistakes.


He should not above being pushed to play better, top 10 punter or not. I am not saying he should be cut but he needs to realize the mistakes are not acceptable. Bring in a punter or two for try outs, thats all I am saying.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11905
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
He should not above being pushed to play better, top 10 punter or not. I am not saying he should be cut but he needs to realize the mistakes are not acceptable. Bring in a punter or two for try outs, thats all I am saying.


Judging from the look on Kern's face after Austin's return, I think he was fully aware that his mistake almost cost us the game. You're right though - accountability is important for everyone on the team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3941
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad punts do happen. It sucks that it happened at that point in the game, but it happens. You see NFL punters have punts go off the side of their foot relatively often..not a single punter who plays in the NFL is "bad" enough to kick that way..it just happens. I'm not completely aware of how punting mechanics work, but I'm going to assume Kern didn't quite hit the ball the way he intended. Like TR said, Kern knew he messed up. As good as he is at what he does, I'm sure he's going to do his best to make sure it never happens again. But bring in "competition" for one of the best punters in the league? There doesn't seem to be much of a point in doing that, not because he made a mistake that every punter in the NFL occasionally makes. If this becomes some kind of common thing for him to do, then I'll start worrying. But when he's punted like one of the best in the league for the entire year outside of that punt, getting extremely upset over it and wanting to see competition brought in for it really doesn't make sense to me.
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21547
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Time for a new punter. Laughing Pat O'Donnell from THE U would be a good draft pick. Great punter.

I've been amazed by how good he's been for us this year. Dude is absolute money with those coffin corner punts.

But...we don't need a new punter. Laughing Kern has been great outside of that one kick.
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3889
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Bad punts do happen. It sucks that it happened at that point in the game, but it happens. You see NFL punters have punts go off the side of their foot relatively often..not a single punter who plays in the NFL is "bad" enough to kick that way..it just happens. I'm not completely aware of how punting mechanics work, but I'm going to assume Kern didn't quite hit the ball the way he intended. Like TR said, Kern knew he messed up. As good as he is at what he does, I'm sure he's going to do his best to make sure it never happens again. But bring in "competition" for one of the best punters in the league? There doesn't seem to be much of a point in doing that, not because he made a mistake that every punter in the NFL occasionally makes. If this becomes some kind of common thing for him to do, then I'll start worrying. But when he's punted like one of the best in the league for the entire year outside of that punt, getting extremely upset over it and wanting to see competition brought in for it really doesn't make sense to me.


I am going to say this I am I am finished with this topic. It is not just the punt yesterday. It has been the (2) dropped punts and the mishandled hold on one of Biranas missed FGs earlier this year. Biranas is not playing like he has in years pass either (that's another story for another day). I will give credit where credit is due and I have applauded Kern and Rob for their work on special teams for years but they are both slacking some this year. If you think in your mind I am above competition then I can loose focus in the middle of a game (drop 3 perfectly snapped footballs) or on a crucial punt to pin the opposing team I keep the ball in the field of play. I am getting off my soapbox on this issue. Wink
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25057
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Time for a new punter. Laughing Pat O'Donnell from THE U would be a good draft pick. Great punter.

I've been amazed by how good he's been for us this year. Dude is absolute money with those coffin corner punts.

But...we don't need a new punter. Laughing Kern has been great outside of that one kick.


Hey I just want more Miami players on this team. Laughing Need more swag.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3889
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Time for a new punter. Laughing Pat O'Donnell from THE U would be a good draft pick. Great punter.

I've been amazed by how good he's been for us this year. Dude is absolute money with those coffin corner punts.

But...we don't need a new punter. Laughing Kern has been great outside of that one kick.


Hey I just want more Miami players on this team. Laughing Need more swag.


Dude. That was a brutal showing on Saturday night by the U. I think FSU QB Winston should be a invite for the Heisman. The kid is a leader and can flat out ball. The QB from Miami is regressing the last 2 games I have watched (UNC & FSU). I heard 2nd or 3rd round but he is playing like Matt Flynn right now.
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25057
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Time for a new punter. Laughing Pat O'Donnell from THE U would be a good draft pick. Great punter.

I've been amazed by how good he's been for us this year. Dude is absolute money with those coffin corner punts.

But...we don't need a new punter. Laughing Kern has been great outside of that one kick.


Hey I just want more Miami players on this team. Laughing Need more swag.


Dude. That was a brutal showing on Saturday night by the U. I think FSU QB Winston should be a invite for the Heisman. The kid is a leader and can flat out ball. The QB from Miami is regressing the last 2 games I have watched (UNC & FSU). I heard 2nd or 3rd round but he is playing like Matt Flynn right now.


Yea Morris is so up and down. He can make the most beautiful pass and then the next throw, he can't even throw an accurate 5 yard slant pass. On top of that, his ankles are made of glass. I think he'll make a solid backup in the league but not much else.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25057
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@PFF: Jurrell Casey had 13 QB disruptions on 392 pass rushes last year. Has 30 on 248 so far this year. Really changed his game.


Beast. 6 sacks is great for a DT in one season and he did it in half of a season. Why he isn't getting talked about more is a joke. All I hear is McCoy. Suh, Fairley, Dareus, Poe, etc.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Titan89


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 1383
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@PFF: Jurrell Casey had 13 QB disruptions on 392 pass rushes last year. Has 30 on 248 so far this year. Really changed his game.


Beast. 6 sacks is great for a DT in one season and he did it in half of a season. Why he isn't getting talked about more is a joke. All I hear is McCoy. Suh, Fairley, Dareus, Poe, etc.


I agree he has been very solid for the Titans becoming a force on the line. Here is what was said about him on NFL.com. Just read the article on there about Week 9 lessons:

Quote:
3. Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey continues his push for a Pro Bowl berth, recording a pair of sacks including a forced fumble that led to Johnson's decisive touchdown in the fourth quarter. With Geno Atkins out for the season, Casey arguably is the NFL's finest three-technique tackle.


Could not agree more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1727
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I hope you guys are joking. Based on a number of things that I've been seeing, our punter is the absolute LAST thing I'm worried about. Hell in spite of a couple of miscues this season, he's pretty much been the most consistent player we have. I was too busy trying to figure out what kind of defensive we were supposed to be running yesterday. I hope we never see it again...EVER.

On a lighter note, it's good that Jake can play an ugly game and still win. But that's to be credited to a strong run game like we had to finally take the pressure off of him. The RBs and OL need to continue having those player meetings, so they can keep building on it. And why do we keep Kenny Britt? Now it seems like every time we go his way, something bad happens. It's too late to trade him, and he's gonna walk after the season anyway. Cut Britt, activate Preston and let's move on now.

_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3889
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@PFF: Jurrell Casey had 13 QB disruptions on 392 pass rushes last year. Has 30 on 248 so far this year. Really changed his game.


Beast. 6 sacks is great for a DT in one season and he did it in half of a season. Why he isn't getting talked about more is a joke. All I hear is McCoy. Suh, Fairley, Dareus, Poe, etc.


He is going to get paid after the season. He said in the offseason he wanted to be the next Warren Sapp. He is built like him and playing like him right now. Keep it up big guy. Applause

BTW he is going to feast on the OL of the Jags and Colts the next 2 weeks. Twisted Evil
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55794
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rams DE Will Hayes (former Titan) smashed locker-room mirror with forearm after loss to #Titans, per @jthom1. Cut needed 4 stitches.


I lol'd
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group