You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Tennessee Titans (3-4) at St. Louis Clemens (3-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jake Locker. It's utterly ridiculous.

Nobody is as bad as Fitzpatrick.....
Fitz couldn't hold Clemons jock.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

A gigantic difference last week, maybe. But for this game? Clemens played a fine game. He took what the defense gave him. He even should have had another TD pass if the TE(Kendricks? I think it was) would have not slowed down in the endzone. He only averaged 6 ypa, but Bradford on the year is averaging all of 6.4.

His only terrible pass I can recall is the over throw to Austin..which happens to every QB.

Being upset with Clemens for last week is understandable. But for this week? He played a fine game. Should have had 2 tds passing, didn't throw a pick, etc.

Clemens "takes what the defense gave him" because that's all he can do.

He has no arm. He can't throw the deep ball and has to put his entire body into throws 10+ yards down the field which makes him inaccurate.

It limits what the offense can do. There is a gigantic difference between Bradford and Clemens. Anyone who argues otherwise does not know what they're talking about.

With the running game the Rams had today, they should have been able to utilize the play-action to take deep shots. Issue? Kellen Clemens can't throw down field.

That alone makes a world of difference.

You making that claim would be like me saying that there's not a gigantic difference between Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker or Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jake Locker. It's utterly ridiculous.

I'm not trying to sound like an [inappropriate/removed] here, but Jeff Fisher doesn't take shots down field. It's not his style. Hell, when Steve McNair was playing like an MVP in 02 and 03, we rarely took shots down field. It's also become quite apparent to me, even if you just base off stats alone, that he's not doing it with Bradford either. 6.4 ypa(again, Clemens was at 6.0 today).

Clemens throwing 2 tds, 57% comp, 0 ints and 6 ypa is not far off from Bradford's averages on the year. So, no, it's not quite like saying Hass/Fitz is just fine in place of Jake.

Bradford's a good QB, not trying to say otherwise, and yes, he's better than Clemens. He has the arm to take shots downfield. Fisher doesn't like taking shots downfield, though, so it's almost irrelevant. Clemens played almost the exact kind of game Fisher wants from his QB(would like the comp% a little higher, but meh), and a game similar to what Bradford has done most of this year.

#MTGA
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, Sam Bradford is a billion times better than Kellen Clemens.

Would the Rams have won if Bradford played? Maybe. But we will never know.

Doesn't really matter who the QB is for the Rams as long as they have Fisher as head coach.
Ockham

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Like I said often during the game, I think Griffin being out really killed our aggressive play calling. We were playing Wilson in his spot, who himself is a strong safety who is up there in years. Good near the LoS/in the short/intermediate game, but he can't give us the same help over the top that Griffin has this year. With Griffin back there, we didn't worry about getting beat deep on a blitz.

If we have the same play calling next week(Munchak said he expects Griff to be back), I'll be worried, but I honestly feel this was the reason for our conservative D play calling.

Not having Wilson covering TE's on passing situations hurt us too.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

I'm not trying to sound like an [inappropriate/removed] here, but Jeff Fisher doesn't take shots down field. It's not his style. Hell, when Steve McNair was playing like an MVP in 02 and 03, we rarely took shots down field. It's also become quite apparent to me, even if you just base off stats alone, that he's not doing it with Bradford either. 6.4 ypa(again, Clemens was at 6.0 today).

Except we were doing it. When Stacy took over as a starter, we started taking play-action shots down the field. Bradford hit Quick for a 73 yarder against Carolina, Austin for a 63 yard TD in the same game, Givens dropped a deep ball that would have been a 80 yard TD against Houston, Pettis caught a 31 yard TD against Jax and Quick dropped a 24 yard TD in the back of the end-zone against Carolina.

We were going down the field because teams couldn't sit back in Cover 2 all game due to our non-existent running game. AND IT WAS WORKING. I guarantee you if Bradford had played against Seattle and Tennessee with that running game, we would have taken at least 2 deep shots in those games.

Quote:
Clemens throwing 2 tds, 57% comp, 0 ints and 6 ypa is not far off from Bradford's averages on the year. So, no, it's not quite like saying Hass/Fitz is just fine in place of Jake.

Clemens didn't throw 2 TDs. And go compare Hasselbeck's 2012 stats to Locker's. Hasselbeck's are better. By your method, Hasselbeck was better than Locker. Which isn't true at all. We both know that.

When you have to radically alter your offense for a QB with no arm, it significantly hinders the unit. Stats or not.

Quote:
Bradford's a good QB, not trying to say otherwise, and yes, he's better than Clemens. He has the arm to take shots downfield. Fisher doesn't like taking shots downfield, though, so it's almost irrelevant. Clemens played almost the exact kind of game Fisher wants from his QB(would like the comp% a little higher, but meh), and a game similar to what Bradford has done most of this year.

It's a game similar to what Bradford did when we had the NFL's worst running game and an OL that couldn't block(Dallas). It's not at all similar to what Bradford was doing when Stacy took over. Because as I said earlier, when you have a running game, teams can't sit their safeties back in cover 2 and force you to throw short or else you'll gash them.

As soon as Stacy took over, we started throwing the deep ball...and throwing it effectively. And what do you know...over that 3 game stretch...Bradford was one of the NFL's most efficient QBs.

I will defend Bradford but I shouldn't have to defend the guy from getting compared to Kellen Clemens. Come on.

I think even you know what you're saying isn't true.

Think about it another way...if Kellen Clemens did this to your pass defense today...imagine what Bradford would have done. But it's a lot easier to imagine that Clemens played as well as Bradford could have today...even if it's not realistic.

Regardless, I'm not going to ruin your GDT with a fight about the Rams QB. Just think if someone had said the same thing about Locker in comparison to Fitzpatrick, you guys would have let him have it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:

Doesn't really matter who the QB is for the Rams as long as they have Fisher as head coach.

We never will know. Maybe is correct.

It does matter, though. As much as you guys dislike Fisher(I'm not his biggest fan either), Bradford works extremely well off the running game and play-action.

Say what you will but things were starting to come together and the Rams might just have made a splash this year if not for the injury. It sucks but it's life. Guess I'm stuck waiting for next year yet again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

It does matter, though. As much as you guys dislike Fisher(I'm not his biggest fan either), Bradford works extremely well off the running game and play-action.

Say what you will but things were starting to come together and the Rams might just have made a splash this year if not for the injury. It sucks but it's life. Guess I'm stuck waiting for next year yet again.

Good thing came of it though...it looks like Fisher found his workhorse...

Bad thing...Fisher found his workhorse. It's going to stunt Bradford's growth. Fisher will run it 30-35 times a game with him and hope the kicker can win it....
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

I think things might come together for you guys next year. Fisher's assembled the type of team that he needs in order to have success- good running back, efficient QB, lots of talent in the defensive front 7. There will still be some issues, I think- Fisher has no clue how to use talented, athletic players, and I think Tavon Austin and Jared Cook are going to continue to disappoint- but with a running back like Stacy and that D-line, the potential is there for a very successful Fisherball team.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

I think things might come together for you guys next year. Fisher's assembled the type of team that he needs in order to have success- good running back, efficient QB, lots of talent in the defensive front 7. There will still be some issues, I think- Fisher has no clue how to use talented, athletic players, and I think Tavon Austin and Jared Cook are going to continue to disappoint- but with a running back like Stacy and that D-line, the potential is there for a very successful Fisherball team.

If he and Schotty just use Tavon period, we'll be fine. Treat the kid like a WR.

I don't know if they will, I still don't trust Fisher's staff. Walton has been a bad hire. It reminds me of what you guys said about Chuck Cecil, he runs the same style of defense and it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Good thing came of it though...it looks like Fisher found his workhorse...

Bad thing...Fisher found his workhorse. It's going to stunt Bradford's growth. Fisher will run it 30-35 times a game with him and hope the kicker can win it....

Really Rams fans just need to hope that Jeff and co. don't run him into the ground in a season that likely isn't going to end in a playoff spot.

When Jeff finds his workhorse, he likes to work him right to death. 35 carries a game. Every game.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Regardless, I'm not going to ruin your GDT with a fight about the Rams QB. Just think if someone had said the same thing about Locker in comparison to Fitzpatrick, you guys would have let him have it.

Too late.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Too late.
He hasn't ruined anything. He's not being hostile, he's not being disrespectful, he's just an opposing fan. Titans fans go into opposing GDT's all the time and I've seen a few of us behave a lot worse than jrry has at any point.

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we are favored by 12.5 against Jacksonville. Speaks to just how bad that team is.

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in even better news, we win next week we become the sixth seed.

TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First game this season I missed.

Anyone know if it will be replayed on nfl network or how I could watch it?

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 38 of 41

Jump to: