You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Tennessee Titans (3-4) at St. Louis Clemens (3-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget personnel for a second. You got to remember, Fish knows Munch very well( Munch undoubtedly got most of his coaching knowledge from fisher), Fish knows Dowell Loggains very well. And Fish knows Greg Williams very well. That itself could lend this to being a close game. There defense will be ready to attack us. That I'm sure of.

I feel that we can stop STL's run game and the super bland playcalling of Martyball Jr. But i feel we might struggle to put up points, they're defense is young and improving. like most Fisher coached teams though, they're going to try to bait us into personal fouls. If we fall into that game, we could lose easily.

This is a big game for Munch IMO. The Titans are clearly better currently, but we're going on the road against a team that's gonna be real amped up to win one for their coach. If we go out and play like the better team, we should win by two scores. However in the past this has been the type of game the Titans would seemingly lose for no apparent reason, other than not showing up to play. This is by all means a trap game for us.

**RIP Steve McNair**
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Forget personnel for a second. You got to remember, Fish knows Munch very well( Munch undoubtedly got most of his coaching knowledge from fisher), Fish knows Dowell Loggains very well. And Fish knows Greg Williams very well. That itself could lend this to being a close game. There defense will be ready to attack us. That I'm sure of.

I feel that we can stop STL's run game and the super bland playcalling of Martyball Jr. But i feel we might struggle to put up points, they're defense is young and improving. like most Fisher coached teams though, they're going to try to bait us into personal fouls. If we fall into that game, we could lose easily.

This is a big game for Munch IMO. The Titans are clearly better currently, but we're going on the road against a team that's gonna be real amped up to win one for their coach. If we go out and play like the better team, we should win by two scores. However in the past this has been the type of game the Titans would seemingly lose for no apparent reason, other than not showing up to play. This is by all means a trap game for us.

This post is full of correctness.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TITANSEATPEOPLE wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
I keep reading a few people a little scared of this weeks game and i dont know if its because of Fisher or what? Kellen Clemson is still there QB right? There RB is banged up the depth behind him isnt good. They dont have a single playmaker that scares me. Cooks gonna crap his pants. I think our defense is gonna feast on Sunday even with a few guys banged up

You do realize their defense isn't a joke. CJ will likely get his usual 20 yards forcing Locker to win the game. It'll likely be a close game.

Define, "isn't a joke". They're in the bottom half of the league in yards per play, total yards, 3rd down %, penalties, and PPG.

The offense is worse. The Titans are going to win the game comfortably.

Keep believing that.

I know I will.

I will too im sorry the Rams arnt good. Not that where great but where better than the Rams. Monday night was impressive on defense sort of but Seattle hasnt looked good on the road all year. Im not saying our offense is gonna run threw St Louis like there nothing but Damian Williams returning kicks makes me confident that we'll be getting better field position thatn what Reynauds been giving us. Last game vs SF was probably as bad as our defense has been all year i expect them to be way better this week i expect a a few turnovers that sets up the Titans with great field position and helps us put points up on the board. Locker should be almost at full health so i expect a big win coming off the bye something similar we seen last year in Miami

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible Rams team on 6 days vs an underrated Titans team coming off a bye with a healthy Jake Locker, no Reynaud, and Shonn Greene back.

Gonna be a tough game, gaiz.

#JDI
-Munch-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this looks like the beginning of the end for CJ.\ Boo hoo! If Greene is said to get 15 carries, and actually produces with those carries, then I think he and CJ are at least going to be at about a 50/50 split. I'm so sick of 30 yard games on the ground though, and dances in the backfield. We need somebody who can go out and consistently get 3-4 yards a carry and set us up for 3rd and short. I hope Greene is the guy to do that, I'm optimistic at least whatever that's worth... \ Boo hoo!

But really though. CJ's only two big plays this entire season were both on pass plays. Maybe that's a sign... just maybe. \ Boo hoo!
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Well this looks like the beginning of the end for CJ.\ Boo hoo! If Greene is said to get 15 carries, and actually produces with those carries, then I think he and CJ are at least going to be at about a 50/50 split. I'm so sick of 30 yard games on the ground though, and dances in the backfield. We need somebody who can go out and consistently get 3-4 yards a carry and set us up for 3rd and short. I hope Greene is the guy to do that, I'm optimistic at least whatever that's worth... \ Boo hoo!

But really though. CJ's only two big plays this entire season were both on pass plays. Maybe that's a sign... just maybe. \ Boo hoo!

That's where he's looking like the best fit. Trouble is we're paying him an awful lot of money to be a glorified third down back.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about this game, the more important it seems. Perhaps I'm just overreacting, but-

- if we lose this game, we probably don't make the playoffs.
- if we lose this game, the "I wish Fisher was never fired" media crew in Tennessee won't hesitate to bury Munchak. They sure have been searching for opportunities all season long.

I think this game may go a long way to determining Munch's future in Nashville.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

That's where he's looking like the best fit. Trouble is we're paying him an awful lot of money to be a glorified third down back.

True..

We all know hes the best in space... We just need to get him in space... CJ running up the gut...

is horrible
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
titanrick wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

True..

We all know hes the best in space... We just need to get him in space... CJ running up the gut...

is horrible

Looks like it's easier said than done to get him in space. It appears hard for this team at least.
Kookie23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Terrible Rams team on 6 days vs an underrated Titans team coming off a bye with a healthy Jake Locker, no Reynaud, and Shonn Greene back.

Underrated? They're 3-4 and middle of the pack in most stats. Not to mention they got stepped on by the 3rd most difficult opponent on their schedule and killed themselves in two other games they could have won.

On the bright side, I think theyll beat the texans in Nashville.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookie23 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Underrated? They're 3-4 and middle of the pack in most stats. Not to mention they got stepped on by the 3rd most difficult opponent on their schedule and killed themselves in two other games they could have won.

On the bright side, I think theyll beat the texans in Nashville.

Yeah, and why did we lose those games? Bad QB play would be most Titans fans answers. The Titans were a Jake Locker or a couple plays bouncing their way away from being 5-2...

#JDI
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
titanrick wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

True..

is horrible

Looks like it's easier said than done to get him in space. It appears hard for this team at least.

True.. the same team that said it was difficult to have Britt & Moss on the field at the same time.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that it's more the playcalling/run-blocking than CJ, but I'm coming to grips with the (assumed) fact that this will be his last year here.

Sucks...freaking LOVE the guy. He was an absolute joy to watch...definitely the best offensive player we have had since McNair. Hard worker, stuck with us through some rough years...Chris Johnson will always be a winner in my book.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

Same could have been said last year when we lost to a terrible Jacksonville team coming out of our bye week with Chad Henne as their QB.

So yea, its gonna be a tough game. This isn't Tennessee vs. Alabama here.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:

Same could have been said last year when we lost to a terrible Jacksonville team coming out of our bye week with Chad Henne as their QB.

So yea, its gonna be a tough game. This isn't Tennessee vs. Alabama here.

It could have? Literally every loss that year up to the bye week save for the Colts game we got blown out. Which games would have gone the other way if not for a play or two? Laughing

This is not the Titans of 2012, Jake Locker is not the QB of 2012. The Rams were not good to begin with, and now they lost their QB. Kellen Clemens should scare no one.

Titans win by 14+, watch.

#JDI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 3 of 41

Jump to: